Is it the end for Playa Den Bossa?

Next Real Madrid manager :lol:

BerndSchuster_01.jpg

Still alive! Normally post under another name now(can anyone guess?), but Dirk is reborn!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Went to Ibiza again last year (Coastline Apartments) and going again in September this year (once again Coastline apartments, Cala Des Moro)

Been to Thialand this year and that has really opened my eyes!! I can imagine what Ibiza was like in the 60's.

Anyway, PDB? Point proven? The regeneration of San An gathers pace. PDB looks like a ghost town!

Long live San Antonio!!!!!

Anyway, PDB? Point proven? The regeneration of San An gathers pace. PDB looks like a ghost town!

Long live San Antonio!!!!!

You are so funny Dirk. Don't you realise that San An has been built up as a low-quality reservation for British lager louts and package tour families, so others don't need to meet them. It seems everyone knows this except the UK people. So now you know too.

International clubbers simply don't go near that place. For example, I've been all around the island and visited 10 times, but the only time I ended up in San An (for 10 mins) was when a taxi took our directions for Cocoon after wrong - I've learned from that and haven't used a taxi for years.

It's very funny you are comparing San An and PDB as if they were the top destinations in town. Bora Bora etc is a lot of fun, but the fact remains that PDB in general is an ugly tourist trap in the similar manner as San An - only more international and thus nicer.

That you are comparing PDB and San An tells a lot about your demographics and taste. And it ain't good.

No wonder you didn't mention Dalt Vila or any other of the very beautiful places on the island as even options. For many of us they have always been defaults not options. Just shows how different people go to Ibiza.

The reason me and my mates go to PDB is to avoid the larger lout brits, and Im a brit myself! Good to base yourself in PDB and stay a nite or 2 in San An to experiance it as it does have the better bars.

so...what do you guys think about the fact that EDEN (a VERY san-an-based brand, isn't it?) bought KISS/LOVE/SOMNY?

You are so funny Dirk. Don't you realise that San An has been built up as a low-quality reservation for British lager louts and package tour families, so others don't need to meet them. It seems everyone knows this except the UK people. So now you know too.

International clubbers simply don't go near that place. For example, I've been all around the island and visited 10 times, but the only time I ended up in San An (for 10 mins) was when a taxi took our directions for Cocoon after wrong - I've learned from that and haven't used a taxi for years.

It's very funny you are comparing San An and PDB as if they were the top destinations in town. Bora Bora etc is a lot of fun, but the fact remains that PDB in general is an ugly tourist trap in the similar manner as San An - only more international and thus nicer.

That you are comparing PDB and San An tells a lot about your demographics and taste. And it ain't good.

No wonder you didn't mention Dalt Vila or any other of the very beautiful places on the island as even options. For many of us they have always been defaults not options. Just shows how different people go to Ibiza.

How can someone from Finland possibly comment? International clubbers? We started the whole clubbing thing, so please refrain from thinking you know what you are talking about. Anyway, how can you comment about a place you have only 'accidently' visited once in a taxi? :spank:

I can imagine Finald is a bit backwards, but cant really comment because I have never been there. It may be an ok place? (do you still point at planes?)

Ps. I base myself in San An and travel across the island everyday to different places if I am not chilling beside the pool with like minded people.

How can someone from Finland possibly comment? International clubbers? We started the whole clubbing thing, so please refrain from thinking you know what you are talking about. Anyway, how can you comment about a place you have only 'accidently' visited once in a taxi? :spank:

I can imagine Finald is a bit backwards, but cant really comment because I have never been there. It may be an ok place? (do you still point at planes?)

Ps. I base myself in San An and travel across the island everyday to different places if I am not chilling beside the pool with like minded people.

How couldn't she? As if it would really matter where she is from!? As far as I know from the forums Petrus is a experienced clubber and knows what she is talking about.

You call your self a clubber and then go and claim something like that :rolleyes: . Clubbing is also about being open minded, is it not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Scots

Perhaps lots of English people prefer PDB just for the fact that the Germans are often far more pleasant than the Scots!

Just a thought....

How couldn't she? As if it would really matter where she is from!? As far as I know from the forums Petrus is a experienced clubber and knows what she is talking about.

You call your self a clubber and then go and claim something like that :rolleyes: . Clubbing is also about being open minded, is it not?

a somewhat paradoxical post. petrus has a complete downer on english beer drinkers and families and special blue tells us that where you come from is not important. petrus' views could easily be described as bigotted and special blue tells us clubbing is about being open minded. what a load of tosh!

a somewhat paradoxical post. petrus has a complete downer on english beer drinkers and families and special blue tells us that where you come from is not important. petrus' views could easily be described as bigotted and special blue tells us clubbing is about being open minded. what a load of tosh!

You obviously misunderstood my point. To begin with, the key here is beer drinkers not that in this special occasion they happen to be English. It's not openminded to label all English people as beer drinkers and what not even if some claim that to be the case at the west end in san antonio during the season. And it is not openminded to tell someone you do not know what you you are talking about based on where that particular person is from.

Secondly to make my self clear, I'm not taking and didn't take any sides, just questioning how is it possible to claim someone not being able to know about clubbing because she is from Finland? And I do realise that her views could be described as bigotted, but judging from her previous posts I have read, I didn't take it as bigotted...but if that is the case I simply misunderstood her post myself ;) .

You obviously misunderstood my point. To begin with, the key here is beer drinkers not that in this special occasion they happen to be English. It's not openminded to label all English people as beer drinkers and what not even if some claim that to be the case at the west end in san antonio during the season. And it is not openminded to tell someone you do not know what you you are talking about based on where that particular person is from.

Secondly to make my self clear, I'm not taking and didn't take any sides, just questioning how is it possible to claim someone not being able to know about clubbing because she is from Finland? And I do realise that her views could be described as bigotted, but judging from her previous posts I have read, I didn't take it as bigotted...but if that is the case I simply misunderstood her post myself ;) .

Message boards would be boring if it wasnt for someone mixing it up sometimes!:lol: :lol: :lol:

So we have a new claim, people go to PDB to avoid the Scottish and spend more time with the Germans? Discuss.

I've been staying on the east side of the island for the last 5 years. It's not that San An's awful, it was ropey but it's getting better for sure, it's that the clubs I most often go to and the places I most often visit are on that side:

Space
DC10
Pacha
Ibiza town (food, shopping)
Figueritas
Salinas

So it's more better location than anything.

San An's ok, it's just less my thing in terms of the atmos and people. The food's not great there, and I like to chill when I'm not staggering around clubs, so it's better for that.

Stayed in Figueritas last summer and it was even better - 20 mins walk to Space and Ibiza town, and even quieter.

I've been staying on the east side of the island for the last 5 years. It's not that San An's awful, it was ropey but it's getting better for sure, it's that the clubs I most often go to and the places I most often visit are on that side:

Space
DC10
Pacha
Ibiza town (food, shopping)
Figueritas
Salinas

So it's more better location than anything.

San An's ok, it's just less my thing in terms of the atmos and people. The food's not great there, and I like to chill when I'm not staggering around clubs, so it's better for that.

Stayed in Figueritas last summer and it was even better - 20 mins walk to Space and Ibiza town, and even quieter.

:) :) :)

The Guyster knows where it's at:idea: :)

Figueretas is our fave place to stay for all the reasons listed above.

BTW, where is San Antonio?

Message boards would be boring if it wasnt for someone mixing it up sometimes!:lol: :lol: :lol:

So we have a new claim, people go to PDB to avoid the Scottish and spend more time with the Germans? Discuss.

Yeah, gotta agree with that, even though mixing it up was not my intention...

It troubles me a bit, that too many seem to take issue with where people are coming from. It's Ibiza, people come there from all over the world. If you don't like it, it's not your place. I like it myself even more when there's people around from various countries...

As for PDB and San An, I prefer PDB of the two for the simple reason of location as said above. I have satayed in San An and It's fine as well, only I like Sapce and Pacha the most. Bora Bora is also very good IMO, it has that special and famous vibe with it and I could not live with my self if didn't visit the place during my trip :) .

I stay in PDB for the reason mentioned by special blue. I have also stayed in San Antoni, but perfer to be walking disstance to the places I go the most. I have learned bits of Spanish, Italian, russian, and the queens english (American) from the guest at my hotel. I speak german and now my Spanish is getting better since I live in Andulucia. I have not been able to pick up welsh, or Scottish a bit tough IMO. Ibiza is a place were anyone can meet new friends and have a good time.

The queens english - American! You are getting mixed up! American is English. We found America, took it over, got bored of it and then gave it back again.:eek:

Poles

With all the Polish Bricklayers over here perhaps we could rebuild Hadrians Wall now we have all this excess labour?
Build the wall....give the Scots Independence then deport those that live south of the border....sounds like a perfectly reasonable plan to me.

Back