Pikes
Villa Mercedes
Kama Sushi
Ritas Cantina
Tijuana
Davids
Curry Club

..to name a few.

:lol: well, I guess it depends on your definition of ‘good'... so long as you like them.

never ate at pikes, but heard good things.
davids: average.
curry club: good, but better curries here or in the uk, cheaper too.
tapas: ive not tried it, but i have to admit, i dont think i will be trying tapas in san an, ever.
Tijuana: no good for me as i dont like mexian, good margaritas though?
kasbah: poor.
villa mercedes: dont even mention it.

sa capella and ritas... what are they like? never been :)

:lol: well, I guess it depends on your definition of ‘good'... so long as you like them.

tapas: ive not tried it, but i have to admit, i dont think i will be trying tapas in san an, ever.

Pikes Sunday Roast is a must.

Sa Capella is very nice and a little more up market. You also get a bottle of home made Hierbas at the end of your meal which is a bonus.

Ritas is a traditional place. Great for breakfast, smoothies etc.

Don't knock Tapas Restaurant and Lounge Bar. Fantastic food.

Tijuana is the best place I've eaten almost anywhere, I'm not an expert on margaritas they were lovely but I could be wrong. We had a great night there, the guy that runs it is bonkers in a good way :) as for Currys I can't imagine Brummyland being beaten :) I like extremely hot curries I've no idea if that would be wise on holiday :/

i agree pikes and sa capella are great. also like rita's cantina.

david's is really nothing special to be honest, very average pizzas.

if i liked mexican i would check it out... maybe just some nachos and a margarita... just to soak it up.
im always up for trying new things... maybe i will give one of these new ones a go. well, new ones to me.

i do like the curry club, me and ric and the rest are on about going this time, just because we had a good time last time. brum curries are bloody good. miss english curries.

i guess im comparing to ibiza town too much. but, i agree that there aren't so many good places in pdb either.

@Mark Doyle from Hed Kandi you were right about two sides to Ibiza.Great music and clubs on one side and Hed Kandi on the other..:lol:

Its all about PDB for me, and that was before the whole Ushuaia thing. Its all about the beach! I think people forget just how good PDB beach is - especially from Ushuaia down to the Palladium hotel. You have everything there for a relaxing beach by day and then then Space / Ushuaia / Bora and increasingly the parties at the beach bars the quieter end. It amazes me how even in August so many of those beach bars such as Sirrocco etc still throw amazing parties before midnight that are still undiscovered by the mass crowds. Dancing on the sand to some pumping techno, close to the sea, full moon etc etc. Priceless.

I will never dismiss San An, as I still believe the second that San An gets gentrified (hopefully it never will) Ibiza will have huge issues. As many have said before, you still have to have a place where 16 and 17 year olds go to get drunk, and discover Ibiza and the SHM for the first time.

Ibiza as a business model work as its like a conveyor belt. People move on to the next stage. With their parents as a kid, then to San An, PDB, then get a girl more money and go to Ushuaia, then they get married, have kids and go to the north, then their kids get hooked etc etc and the whole cycle repeats. As much as people cry that Ushuaia is bringing in music hating new money, if you stay there speak to people, and so many of them have been through the above cycle.

Ate in Villa Mercedes last week. Top class meal and service, and all for a good price. Couldn't fault it.

Think you need to get off your perch somewhat

Ate in Villa Mercedes last week. Top class meal and service, and all for a good price. Couldn't fault it.

Think you need to get off your perch somewhat

Snap. I've eaten at Villa Mercedes a few times and it's been amazing. They do (or perhaps did?) the best tempura prawns I've had in my life! Not been for a couple of years though so don't know if it's changed hands or gone down hill. Intend on going for my birthday when I visit in september though.

Been to Sa Capella as well; equally as nice and a beautiful setting.

Back