Is it the end for Playa Den Bossa?

McRackin said:
Dirk Bigler said:
disgusting place full of German tourists called Playa Den Bossa
was? :eek:

haben sie ein badezimmer mit badewanne oder mit dusche? :eek:

pic12a.jpg

(sunset strip)
watch out dirk - san antonio has been invaded by thousands of crazy german bikers:

db_Bild0561.jpg

(ibiza bike week 2004)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh..........
scared.gif
<--- Dirk Bigler :lol:

Sorry, Dirk... this has to be one of the most annoying threads I've seen this week. You must have somthing better to do than to direct your venom at PdB!

When you're on the island, you choose your location based on your interests and what you want to be close to. I've stayed in San Antonio Bay, Talamanca and PdB and I have to say that I enjoyed PdB the best. Why?

1. Proximity to clubs. I prefer Pacha, El Divino and Space, so it doesn't make sense to live on the other side of the island.
2. Pre-party. I'd rather sit on the marina in Ibiza Town and walk/taxi/shuttle-boat over to the clubs I prefer than drive/taxi all the way across the island.
3. Bora-Bora (r.i.p.) Need I say more?
4. Beaches. My wife like's to sit on the beach and swim all afternoon and the beaches in San An are crap. Yes, you can drive to other beaches but it's convenient to have a nice, clean one nearby.

I'm sure I could think up 6 more reasons, but you get my point. Now, if you prefer the sunset bar or San An bay pre-parties then stay in San An! If you like Eden or Es Paradis, or prefer the West End, then it makes more sense to stay in San An. If you go to Amnesia or Privelege a lot, then either location would do.

I personally feel old (at a mere 32) at the San An pre-parties after sunset. I find I-town a little more cosmopolitan and adult, but that's just me. If your opinion is different, that doesn't mean mine is wrong or yours is wrong.

i must agree with your last sentence,....im 33, I know exactly what you mean...but if i could chouse between san an, playa den bossa and talamanca, i would def. say talamanca....you have a calm claen perfect beach direct there by feet....but as you said, thats just my opinion :D

I think the cause of all Dirks hatred of PVB is the high number of german tourists there as opposed to the high number of UK tourists in San An.

All he is saying is he prefers to stay with his own kind as opposed to bloody foreign scum. Which is a fair point.

Me personally, I like the buzz of mingling with people who are English, Spanish, German, Dutch, Italian, South American, USA, etc...

You get a lot more out of the experience than if you would if you just stayed in San An where all you would meet are some people from Birmingham.

But each to their own. For me I couldn't really give a damn about Bora Bora and only really care about Space in PVB.

In my opinion THE place to hang out is Sa Trinxa and thats that.

Dirk Bigler said:
(and my comments by each item he listed!)

SAN AN - for starters

1/ PIKES - okay its a hotel where a few "celebs" stay. So what. Er, wham filmed a video once there. And? er, its popular with er, bollox. I went a few times and found it to be absolutyely shite.

2/ CAFE DEL MAR - what a load of absolute crap. maybe 30 years ago yes, but now its just a load of rubbish. Everyone goes mambos instead, sunset here is crap, i mean how many more times can you sit and watch the bloody sun go down listening to some prick playing a slowed down version of THE SUN HAS GOT ITS HAT ON whilst some jazz reject plays the saxophone. Get a life...

3/ KASBAH - Er, nothing goes on here at all, apart from the occasional fight.

4/ THE CURRY CLUB - A club thats named after an indian style of cuisine. I mean that just oozes class doesn't it. What next? The Chicken Korma Bar? You have got to be joking!

5/ VILLA MERCEDES - Never went here so won't comment but I'm sure its crap.

6/ COASTLINE - This has got to be one of the most hyped up pieces of crap I have ever visited. Everytime I went it was quiet, and when there were people there they were all fake Burberry clad chavs.

7/ KANYA - Please, don't make me laugh. A sunset bar that sells potatoe wedges for 10 euro's and the DJ is really crap. Also when you're sitting at your table just study the amount of chavs walking by dribbling over your wedges.

8/ MAMBO - I can't really slate the place as I have had some good times here, in the past. In my opinion, nothing like its former days of glory. The type of place where if you speak to a woman with a well spoken accent, you get taken the piss out of by her cockney / scouser mate for having an education and a job. I mean everybody here knows the only way to earn a living is to ba DJ or drug-dealer.

9/ BAR M - Absolute shite, no atmosphere, full of people who go because its cool, but actually is not. rubbish.

10/ WIPS - Dunno, never heard of it.

I could go on???
PLEASE DON'T

:D

Dirk, I've known you through various boards for a number of years now, we even met a few times in Ibiza. You have been to Ibiza more times than probably anyone else I know.

Don't you think you should visit some other parts of the world, you know, broaden your horizons a little. It might educate you and give you a broader perspective on things...

vienna said:
i must agree with your last sentence,....im 33, I know exactly what you mean...but if i could chouse between san an, playa den bossa and talamanca, i would def. say talamanca....you have a calm claen perfect beach direct there by feet....but as you said, thats just my opinion :D

I liked Talamanca, actually. I stayed at the El Corso twice and found the staff super nice. I enjoyed the bar with a view of the marina, the restaurants nearby, and the ease of taking the shuttle boat to Ibiza Town and El Divino/Pache (plus you could walk home in the morning :) )

But alas... my wife decided it was just too quiet, and the beach there had a much older crowd... I guess the opposite of San An :lol: ...and there was no Bora Bora.

Well... I really don't want to comment on PDB and San An, because everything has already been said, but there is another thing striking. This jerk named Dirk Bigler writes about a "horrible, disgusting place full of German tourists" and "a crap, smelly town, full of German families" and you guys start a serious discussion. Come on, what's up? Is Ibiza the right place for national issues?

I've been seven times to the island and in 2001 I stayed for several months in Ibiza town. In San An I experienced some negative things... with Brits. Once some lads who were at least five years younger than me heard me talking in German and immediately started pushing for a fight. They shouted things like "We won the war!" And another time I got to know a pretty English lady somewhere in West End. We talked for a while and at one point she asked me if I was American (because of my accent). "No, German." I replied and she left without a word... Okay, that's that. Yet I don't generalize and actually I like most British people I know. Some researchers found out lately that much more Englishmen dislike Germans than the other way around. Reason No. 1 was World War II, reason no. 2 was the German football team. However, Ibiza is in my opinion definitely not the place for prejudices.

Don't get me wrong, I don't deny there are loads of dull Germans on the island. In Punta Arabi club in Es Canar e.g., you'll find very narrow-minded Germans (actually the club is just opened to Germans, Austrians and Swiss), because they want to be among themselves. I just want to point out that the rate of idiots should be the same in every country.

I prefer Ibiza town and PDB over San An and Es Canar, because the likelihood to meet idiots like Dirk Bigler is lower there...

Fraenk said:
Well... I really don't want to comment on PDB and San An, because everything has already been said, but there is another thing striking. This jerk named Dirk Bigler writes about a "horrible, disgusting place full of German tourists" and "a crap, smelly town, full of German families" and you guys start a serious discussion. Come on, what's up? Is Ibiza the right place for national issues?

Very very valid point. I was so concerned with addressing the PdB vs. San An issue that I didn't pay attention to the obvious anti-German rant. Obviously no place for it... I like that Ibiza's an international place and I think we all agree that everyone's welcome.

i always stay in PDB. i get a cab, with my mates, to ibiza town when we want to hit the bars or eat good food. and visit SA for the sunset bars and coastline.

i have no interest in the west end or the two 'clubs' in SA. no interest at all. so really, there is no reason to stay in that town.

sure, PDB aint perfect. but at the same time, its about as good as it gets.

all i want is a place to chill during the day. i'm out there to go clubbing, so having space and dc10 on your doorstep is pretty much as good as it gets, end of...considering they are the two best clubs on the planet (thats my personal view).

Lets set a few things straight. I am not anti German, I am just quoting there are lots of German toursists (not German clubbers!) in Playa Den Bossa. I personally dont like seeing 'normal tourists' with speedos on 'trying to get down' with the clubbers. They could be any nationality, it's just that it is predominately German! I am sure German clubbers dont like the nommal German tourists, as I dislike the nomal 'brits abroad' element that you tend to get high season in San An (and PDB!) So when I say full or German toursists, I mean speedo wearing tourists (the equivalent of brits with football tops on and union jacks on their balcony! - oh, does that make me anti British now?)Me and my wife met two gay German guys at Pacha a couple of years back and they were the two nicest (and campest !) guys you could meet. Very funny and friendly! Made our night.

Secondly, I am 33. I can afford to get a taxi where ever I want, or use a hire car. I do not go to any clubs in San An. The last time I was in Ibiza I only frequented Pacha and Space. I go tomorrow and will probably only go to Pacha when I am there.

Venom - Last year I went to Barbados and Barcelona. Barbados was a real eye opener, I loved it and may go back next year. I have been to Tenerife this year and Ibiza tomorrow. I have also visited America (most big cities), North and South mainland Spain on many occasions, North and South of France, Belgium, Amsterdamn, Mexico, the old Yugolsalvia (Porec), Paris - fantatsic city!. I wanted to go to Berlin this year for the Love Parade, but as it was cancelled I may go next year. I have travelled all over Scotland and been to most cities in Engand and Wales. I love travelling and Ibiza is just that little bit special.

I cannot undertand anyone who does not get Cafe Del Mar, which to me is the main reason I stay in San An. I go every night and sit for sometimes an hour before I go out, sometimes all evening (when the tourists go!) Try San An in September - the Brits abroad are all back home for the football seaon! Everynight is different!

San An has many fantastic places to eat, I like nice resturants and they are all in walking distance. I am older now and font go out clubbing every night, maybe 4 or 5 times over the two weeks, so I want to stay somewhere that has everyhing. PDB has nothing! (apart from Speedos!)

I love meeting people of all nationalities, it's what makes my holidays. San An has that mix, but a lot more of a clubber element. I dont want to share my holdays with German, British or French families and I am sure they dont want to share it with me! Thats why I go to San An which is a clubbers Disneyland, music wherever you go, record shops and most importantly Wips!!!!

People - You can think your cool and stay in PDB, does not bother me, but now even more so without Bora Bora, the place had nothing. No decent bars, no decent restaurants and no Wips!! (Space is fantastic, but so is KM5 and I wouldnt want to stay next door to that!)

Admit it people, you are all trying hard to be pretentious and cool, but failing drastically. :D

To be honest I normally stay at El Puerto which is in the old town. The reasoning is that I can drive to the beaches during the day and at night, the clubs are all within walking distance, with the exception of Space.

Still it is nice to sit in some of those outdoor cafes and watch the world walk by.

My 10 things would be

10...beautiful Spanish people
9..... Beautiful Italian people
8..... Beautiful Swedish people
7..... Beautiful American people
6..... Beaufiful Dutch people
5.... beautiful French people
4.... beautiful Irish people
3.... beautiful Scottish people
2.... beautiful English people
1.... beautiful Russian people

Along with the Germans and every other nation who visits.
You may see a lot of tanned people, but I am sure most have
Got their tan on the beach. When I say beautiful I don’t' necessarily
Mean in looks (but ther are some scorchers there) I mean inside & out. When did you last hear of trouble?@ Bora Bora??.

and PDB has sand there is no beach in San An - now if they bougtht
in a few tonees fo sand out side mambo/CDM

Like previously mentioned -each to their own - But it will be PDB's
Loss if they choose to make the Bora Bora closure. Remember this
was a free event many ppl stay @ PDB for the music on the beach

This is now a choice that has been taken away from us maybe by
Next year things will be forgotten - maybe Bora Bora will move
To another location or a club night. Who knows but if they do not go
Back to the free beach parties, Ibiza would have lost something very
Very special.

As an older clubber (new to this site as well & computers) I can
Remember when Amnesia never had a roof also when Ku
(Privilege’s roof would open up and you would see the moon)
The word then was ...awe it's not going to be the same, and yes
It hasn't - it's got better and better but by us visiting this beautiful
Island.

If it is complaints for residents then why has it taken 7 years?
For them to realise this.... Lets’ hope they do change their mind and bring back Bora Bora agreed it may need to have a time limit due to noise
(If there are any genuine complaints)

Cheeky M

:eek:
...I'd rather spend two weeks in the company of Germans than larger-lout Brits lying in a pool of their own vomit!
:twisted:

ps:
what happened to dirk diggler ?
Last Activity: 06.11.2005

did he end in jail or a madhouse ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is PDB Dead

Since 1998 I have always stayed in PDB everytime on the isle except for one time in San An. I like my hotel and beach area in PDB. I go over to San An, cafe del mar and the west end during my stay. I think Ibiza is like ice cream try many flavors and go back for the ones you like even more. I would recommend any part of the isle to people according to there tastes and the type of budget and holiday they wanted.:spank:

Back