Is it the end for Playa Den Bossa?

kitten's head said:
10 good things about PDB:

1. It's so close to Ibiza Town-one of the best features. Ibiza Town makes up for PDBs lack of really good pubs, restaurants and shops, although there are a few.

IT IS A GOOD POINT BECAUSE IT IS CLOSE TO ANOTHER PLACE???? Mmmmm. YEH, I LOVE FRANCE BECAUSE IT IS CLOSE TO BELGIUM. VERY WEAK POINT. I COULD ALSO SAY I LIKE SAN AN BECAUSE IT IS ONLY 10 MINS IN A TAXI TO EIVISSA.

2. Bora Bora-unlike anywhere else on the island. Viva Dj Gee!

BORA BORA IS COOL, I WILL GIVE YOU THAT POINT.

3. The beach is one of the largest (more so than San An's) and very clean.

A LARGE BEACH PACKED FULL OF PEOPLE LIKE SARDINES, NOT MY FAVOURITE. I WOULD RATHER CHILL BESIDE A QUITE POOL AT SOMEWHERE LIKE PIKES.

4. Space. IMO the best club on the island, far better than Eden and Es Paradis in San An

YES, FAR BETTER THAN EDEN OR ES PARADIS. I WILL GIVE YOU THAT

5. DC10, another excellent club, nowhere like it in San An.

NOT PDB!

6. Ditto. Can you imagine what these would be like in San An?

RUNNING OUT OF POINTS ALREADY???

7. Very few larger louts. Perhaps as a bloke you don't find it a problem, but as a girl, going out and getting loads of hassle ain't fun.

I HAVE KNOWN GIRLS THAT HAVE STAYED IN PDB AND GOT LOTS MORE SHIT OFF BLOKES THAN SAN AN.

8. Jet apartments. Probably the best value accomodation on the island and no screaming kids or larger louts.

COME ON, YOU ARE HAVING A LAUGH

9. Ancient People. What better way to spend a sun-rise after staggering in from a club? Great place to have a laugh with randoms and there's a rather nice bloke that works there too. ;)

I WILL GIVE YOU ANOTHER POINT.

10. It isn't San An! ;)

VERY, VERY POOR.

Thank you and goodnight.

You could only come up with three reasons to stay in PDB?

SAN AN - for starters

1/ PIKES

2/ CAFE DEL MAR

3/ KASBAH

4/ THE CURRY CLUB

5/ VILLA MERCEDES

6/ COASTLINE

7/ KANYA

8/ MAMBO

9/ BAR M

10/ WIPS

I could go on??? :D

Stop shouting! :D

You asked for twn reasons, I gave them.

As I said before, each to their own.

:D Coming from Glasgow, I bet you tell people that a benefit of staying there is you are only 45 minutes away from Edinburgh!

10 very crap reasons! I would like one person to even try and give me 10 GOOD reasons to stay in PDB. Anyone?

Dirk Bigler said:
IT IS A GOOD POINT BECAUSE IT IS CLOSE TO ANOTHER PLACE???? Mmmmm. YEH, I LOVE FRANCE BECAUSE IT IS CLOSE TO BELGIUM. VERY WEAK POINT. I COULD ALSO SAY I LIKE SAN AN BECAUSE IT IS ONLY 10 MINS IN A TAXI TO EIVISSA.

I don't know what taxi you're going in but it's never taken me 10 mins in taxi from San An to Ibiza Town :rolleyes:

If that is all you can come back with! :D

You obviously get the wrong taxis. 10 mins no problem from the egg.

Dirk Bigler said:
If that is all you can come back with! :D

You obviously get the wrong taxis. 10 mins no problem from the egg.

Thanks for the offer but I value my life bit more than a 100mph taxi ride just to get from on eside of the island to the other :lol:

Also getting a taxi from San An is a nightmare in the first place from the rank :p

:D There is a secret place where you can get Taxis quickly in San An, I cant tell you or it wouldnt be a secret! :D

If a Taxi driver cant do it in less than 10, he is shit! You dont have to pay him if he agrees before hand.

I've stayed in San An both times that I've been to Ibiza, and will be staying there again when we go next year. While I agree that PDB is great, and has possibly the best club in the world in Space and definately the best beach bar in Bora Bora, there's little else around there and I'd rather stay in San An which has a bigger variety of things to do in the immediate area.

Dirk Bigler said:
:D Coming from Glasgow, I bet you tell people that a benefit of staying there is you are only 45 minutes away from Edinburgh!

10 very crap reasons! I would like one person to even try and give me 10 GOOD reasons to stay in PDB. Anyone?

:rolleyes:

Thought I would add my tuppence to this debate as it has always did my head in the way some people (espesh on this site) run San An down.

My thoughts are that their is an element of people who like to be seen in certain places no matter how cr*p they are. I agree Bora Bora and Space are places of legend and that will never change but PDB doesnt come close to offering the same variety of activity as San An. There is no limit to what you can do in San An.

And as for ladies being hassled in San An (while I dont condone people being abused) a massive part of going on holiday is about trying to pull :lol: (not only the guys are at it). And I've found on the other side of the island it can be the other way about with the blokes being hassled by blokes. At least you have members of the opposite sex giving you the attention!!!

I don't know where people get this idea from that we go to PDB to look cool. What nonsense. I go because I want to, as shown by my points above.

Secondly, can some men not see that it's annoying to get hassled constantly? I personally don't go on holiday "to pull" (I've been with my boyfriend for nearly 7 years who comes away with me).

Yes, some people do want to pull, but there is a world of difference between giving eyes to someone in a club and groping their tits and not knowing what 'no' means. You have just shown a difference between the two resorts as in PDB women rarely get hassled.

kitten's head said:
I don't know where people get this idea from that we go to PDB to look cool.

Neither do I

Don't worry, people use that argument cos of their own insecurities.

DrewUK said:
kitten's head said:
I don't know where people get this idea from that we go to PDB to look cool.

Neither do I

Don't worry, people use that argument cos of their own insecurities.

You don't? I mince up and down the beach in Prada and Gucci all day, in an attempt to impress the German tourists!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scoobie said:
You don't? I mince up and down the beach in Prada and Gucci all day, in an attempt to impress the German tourists!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PMSL, I have got such a beautiful image in my head of you :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

haha well try some of the danes as well (the few who are there) some of the girlies and blokes really luuuuv that shite, so it might draw attention to them... :eek: :rolleyes:

I just seen a documentary on Ibiza and they were saying the want to knock all of PDB down and start again because it is that crap......

that's odd dirk - i read the local papers here every day and there has been nothing mentioned about demolishing pdb.
what are your sources?
this could be a tremendous scoop for spotlight news!

Back