Is it the end for Playa Den Bossa?

Dirk Bigler said:
I just seen a documentary on Ibiza and they were saying the want to knock all of PDB down and start again because it is that crap......

Just keep taking those pills, DB! ;)

Clara said:
3. The beach is one of the largest (more so than San An's) and very clean.
its the longest one!! :idea:

Pool&Beach.jpg

The only time San An is preferable is when leaving Pacha, Privledge, sunset. It seems way more crowded than PDB. I went to Space every day, except for after La Troya. It was nicer being able to just stumble out of the room to get there, and stumble back for a disco nap before Bora Bora...

Dirk Bigler said:
How can a crap, smelly town, full of German families, even compare to the mecca that is San An?

The German members of this forum aren't gonna like this. :rolleyes:
Respect mate.

Dirk Bigler said:
Over the last few years, those people who like to class themselves as 'uber cool' have tried to claim Playa Den Bossa is the perfect base for those clubbers in the know. Most of us oldies and realists know that San Antonio is and always will be the clubbers destination of choice.

It appears, through other message boards, general comments and large sums of money being spent on San Antonio that it is fighting back.

My question is this, has that horrible, disgusting place full of German tourists called Playa Den Bossa finally had its very short day? Are people now realising that it has been nothing but hype?

been to both... and on the plus side for San An... the Sunset Strip and cheaper bars...

On the plus side for PDB - Pacha, El Divino, Base Bar, Space, Bora Bora with chance to wave people as they fly in...Lovely big beach, Clean streets that arent littered with piles of of puke and their owners...

IS there really a comparison...

:lol:

one thing -

where do the young people go flock to more, PDB or San An?

The younger ones gather at the West End in San Antonio.
Not a place to be I suppose, but I don't know certainly because I've never been there. But some friends who've been corroborated me what people say about lots of drunken kids puking on every corner. Crude truth. :confused:
However the sunset strip and other places are really interesting.

Does it really matter for f**ks sake?

If you like San Antonio go to San Antonio and if you like PDB then do likewise.

I can't see what the hell the point is in trying to argue that what you like is better than whatever else anybody else likes.

One of the beauties of Ibiza is its spirtuality and brother/sisterhood created through a shared love of "dance" music, in whatever form that is for you. Personally I don't like techno music, but I don't feel the need to go and preach to the world that its crap, because it is isn't to a very large number of people. Maybe there's something wrong with me, not the other way round. Why there is a need to pass judgement on whatever else other people choose to do is beyond me.

So trying to create divides for the sake of some self gratification seems like a completely pointless exercise to me.

Do what you love and love what you do.

By the way, PDB all the way for me. ;)

I'm off to lighten up!

robsta said:
Does it really matter for f**ks sake?

If you like San Antonio go to San Antonio and if you like PDB then do likewise.

well said lad, personally i prefer to stop in san an but do my clubbing in PDB, the taxis arent much so why not ;)

jamesthemonkeh said:
I love the whole island!

Me too...

I've never gone to Ibiza and left out either PDB or San An... there is so much more than just these two main resorts tho...

If you don't want to don't go to either then you don't have to...

If you have a car at any point set aside a day to explore the island - but careful if you drive into Ibiza town - it's not very relaxing holiday driving! :lol:

Personally, i think both PDB and San An are shitholes..........but i prefer to stay in PDB simply because it's closer to the decent clubs.

If San An got some decent club nights instead of the geezer rubbish it promotes like Judge jules, lisa lashes and all that other hard house/cheesy trance shit they play, it would be half decent.

To much of one thing is no good, everything in moderation except for the attitude from some folks on the subject

stuie said:
If you have a car at any point set aside a day to explore the island - but careful if you drive into Ibiza town - it's not very relaxing holiday driving!
true!! :lol:

ibiza_102.jpg

(pdb)

vinylgroover said:
Personally, i think both PDB and San An are shitholes..........but i prefer to stay in PDB simply because it's closer to the decent clubs.

I have to agree with this although if you can get a hotel on the beach in PDB it works out nicer than San An.

I usually stay in PDB or Figuerrettas as its nearer to Ibiza town so I save money on Taxi's although having said that I like to visit certain places in San An.

I prefer to stay in PDB its much nicer and and like a few of you have said you dont get hassled by beer monsters and young immature nob heads that are on there first holiday who think that every female in Ibiza is there for sex and not clubbing.

on the other hand i love the sunset strip, me and my friends stay in PDB but hire a car to go to and from san an and also explore other parts of the island.

To be honest go and stay where ever you like and those of you are really down on PDB then thats your opinion dont try and ram it down peoples throats just because they dont agree.

Your in Ibiza enjoy it where ever you are, you can always travel !!

Back