I'm Sad.

This video of Mambo shows a lot of what is wrong with it these days

Much rather go to Budha than be crushed amongst all that oi oi lets have it chicken oriental crowds!

^ also how much longer can FBS keep flogging a dead horse by playing his tracks of his 1st album! (techically his 2nd, but one one ever remembers that first one)

It almost a big embarrassing... bit like these happy hardcore djs that are in their 50s now playing at raves to 18 year olds, all a bit cringe worthy!

^ also how much longer can FBS keep flogging a dead horse by playing his tracks of his 1st album! (techically his 2nd, but one one ever remembers that first one)

It almost a big embarrassing... bit like these happy hardcore djs that are in their 50s now playing at raves to 18 year olds, all a bit cringe worthy!
What's your opinion on the rolling stones et al still playing:eek::)

His appearance at the Olympic opening ceremony was proper cringey

Ah the old 'Ibiza is dead' thing.

I first came here for 2 weeks in 2000. I came every year again at least once, I did a couple of seasons (well kind of), and I've lived here for a few years now.

Ibiza is totally different now to 16 years ago. I imagine in 2000, there were people saying Ibiza was dead because the music on offer ranged from dnb to trance to hard house as well as the normal house music.

I remember when they clamped down on daytime parties and everyone said Ibiza was dead.

Now Space is closing and every one is say Ibiza is dead.

Truth is, it constantly evolves, that energy and connection between music, creativity, sunshine and hedonism isn't going away. Ibiza will always find a way adapting, and the party will never die.

Acidliam says it all.

Some of you can't get over the changes and throw ya dolly out the pram as things evolve around you. You constantly moan about VIP/phones/people not dancing/people standing still/80% of the clubs being crap (yeah course they are)/social media etc etc I wonder why any of you ever go back, your so busy criticising everything or everyone I also wonder how you have a good time.

With Carl finishing at Space, and the change of management for the club, Pepe buying a new place in San Ant there is a real change in the air for the island for the positive, even the hoteliers sense it and I for one will embrace it and very much be a part of it.

Acidliam says it all.

Some of you can't get over the changes and throw ya dolly out the pram as things evolve around you. You constantly moan about VIP/phones/people not dancing/people standing still/80% of the clubs being crap (yeah course they are)/social media etc etc I wonder why any of you ever go back, your so busy criticising everything or everyone I also wonder how you have a good time.

With Carl finishing at Space, and the change of management for the club, Pepe buying a new place in San Ant there is a real change in the air for the island for the positive, even the hoteliers sense it and I for one will embrace it and very much be a part of it.

I was there on a family holiday in June, stopping by Calo Gracio. On one of the days about 40 'young people' partied all day on the beach there until the sunset and then streamed in a spangled, disorderly mess into San Antonio. They looked to be having as messed up and wonderful a time as I have ever had in my couple of decades visiting the island (and Ibiza was a long way from dead for them!). I was sooooooooooooo jealous it hurt, the parrot show just wasn't cutting it that night (even when he rode his little bicycle)

In my personal opinion Ibiza changed the day the licensing policy of music hours changed. I always thought the characters, party people and general mavericks seem to be much more suited and associated with after hours, early starts and free parties. I don't think money is the issue or ever has been. As Kimajy stated it has always been relevant in expense. My missus gave me a second wind with Ibiza as she had never been up until 7 years ago. Even she ( far from veteran in terms of years ) has seen the change. She always wanted to go and experience Cafe Del Mar after years of hearing about it. We sat in there on our own, no one else in there and she loved the place, just couldn't understand why it was empty. Fantastic rustic Spanish lounge and bar. I explained to her how everyone used to sit on the rocks outside for a sunset long long before the walkway was built. We had a few drinks and left, we walked past the Cafe Del Mar shop ( which i never knew existed ) and the place was full of people buying t-shirts and CD's. What i'm trying to say is that there is Ibiza as it is now in a Nutshell.. Still love the place though.. always will..

Acidliam says it all.

The people that are making the observations have seen it evolve. They return because they like the island and what it has to offer. "Some" of the changes they don't like, but the other things keep them coming back year on year.

Whilst a few of us are well into our 40's now, what we can say is from experience. You are giving an opinion on a situation that you were not even around for (a little presumptious of me perhaps?). These people are giving accounts and experiences, albeit summarsied of Ibiza well before you were even a twinkle in your parent's eye.

How thinking that "Palladium Group D'En Bossa" is a change for the better is beyond me!

Of course, its all subjective.

We can all agree to disagree...some changes we like some we dont..i personally dont mind not having the afters..i love partying in the night and then going to hotel and rest or going to the beach..afters for me i was always too f***ed up to appreciate the music and by that time in the morning didnt know what the hell was going on

The people that are making the observations have seen it evolve. They return because they like the island and what it has to offer. "Some" of the changes they don't like, but the other things keep them coming back year on year.

Whilst a few of us are well into our 40's now, what we can say is from experience. You are giving an opinion on a situation that you were not even around for (a little presumptious of me perhaps?). These people are giving accounts and experiences, albeit summarsied of Ibiza well before you were even a twinkle in your parent's eye.

How thinking that "Palladium Group D'En Bossa" is a change for the better is beyond me!

Of course, its all subjective.

Very presumptuous Diver, don't be fooled by the name, it's taken you very much down the wrong path, so I will ignore the sarcastic twinkle in ya parents eye crap

Some give accounts and experiences and that is reflected in their comments, others continually bitch and moan about what I quoted above, it's like a broken record of the bitter n twisted who think that the island and clubs should only be there for the way that they personally like clubbing, people not dancing, chatting or whatever way other people want to enjoy themselves is not acceptable to them, and that is just complete selfish b@llox

They return to the island because of what it has to offer ......yes they do, that's what makes me laugh despite all their continuous bitching, but what they come back for would not be there anymore if it wasn't for investment and more importantly people.....all different types.

Very presumptuous Diver, don't be fooled by the name, it's taken you very much down the wrong path, so I will ignore the sarcastic twinkle in ya parents eye crap

Some give accounts and experiences and that is reflected in their comments, others continually bitch and moan about what I quoted above, it's like a broken record of the bitter n twisted who think that the island and clubs should only be there for the way that they personally like clubbing, people not dancing, chatting or whatever way other people want to enjoy themselves is not acceptable to them, and that is just complete selfish b@llox

They return to the island because of what it has to offer ......yes they do, that's what makes me laugh despite all their continuous bitching, but what they come back for would not be there anymore if it wasn't for investment and more importantly people.....all different types.

What's your history then fella?
You've seen it from the early days then?

Oh god....is this an off topic P&ssing contest where it becomes about me and not the topic

Are you going to go into the film "Leon" mode and ask me what colour the boathouse was in 99

I've added a picture to help you out

Oh god....is this an off topic P&ssing contest where it becomes about me and not the topic

Are you going to go into the film "Leon" mode and ask me what colour the boathouse was in 99

Its far from being just about you, I'm just curious as to what you can bring to the table about the old days?

People are voicing their opinions because they actually care. This is a good thread ( so far ). If you can't see this i am afraid you are missing the point.

Its far from being just about you, I'm just curious as to what you can bring to the table about the old days?

Good then stick to the topic

People are voicing their opinions because they actually care. This is a good thread ( so far ). If you can't see this i am afraid you are missing the point.

Have you actually read what I have been saying ??? I've no problem with people giving their opinion , thus Iam giving mine

Something really creepy about someone who calls themselves a kid, when they aren't?

Good then stick to the topic

Have you actually read what I have been saying ??? I've no problem with people giving their opinion , thus Iam giving mine

Well i cant see your opinion?? All i can see is you commenting on other peoples opinions!!!

Lets hear your opinion then..

Is ibiza heading in the right direction??

Is VIP taking over and creating a divide between clubbers and cultures?

Is Space closing good for Ibiza?

Is it good for Ibiza that small venues and free parties are denounced and/or closed down?

Will EDM crush the underground scene if the underground scene has nowhere to go?

Space was at its peak in the mid to late 90's, i was gutted when they closed the old terrace, how did you feel about it?

DC10 was fantastic with no roof, even better with just a canopy. I felt it lost something when they encased it with windows. How did you feel?

Ushuaia was perfect as a small beach club at the top end of PDB. In my opinion it is awful now it has moved to its new location, what do you think?

Would you go to Ibiza if there wasn't a single club?? I would, i have been and not been clubbing once.

What's your thoughts???

Back