I'm Sad.

Agree me too...i never party where i live anymore, i save my money and then party in ibiza...(well i wouldnt say save) just dont eat for a month after i get back lol, there is no place like it, yes its changed some aspects are better before than now but its still amazing...people complaining i bet they will be back next year again..
Better, worse, I don't care. Just loooooove every minute from stepping off the plane to my Bacon Double Cheese XXL in departures

Agree me too...i never party where i live anymore, i save my money and then party in ibiza...(well i wouldnt say save) just dont eat for a month after i get back lol, there is no place like it, yes its changed some aspects are better before than now but its still amazing...people complaining i bet they will be back next year again..
I allways moan about the money, but when I'm 70
And looking back I won't be counting notes, I'll be counting memories ( as long as I steer clear of Alzheimer's ) I will be coming back every year, you have to pay for entertainment no matter what your into, if your into clubbing this is Mecca and you have to pay.

I allways moan about the money, but when I'm 70
And looking back I won't be counting notes, I'll be counting memories ( as long as I steer clear of Alzheimer's ) I will be coming back every year, you have to pay for entertainment no matter what your into, if your into clubbing this is Mecca and you have to pay.
Yes ibiza is bloody expensive always has been and always will...am i gonna pay a ridiculous amount every year to go back hell yea..yes we are making good memories...and life is too bloody short!

very much agree to this.

and just to point out something - pikes (which is great no doubt) was also definitely better a few years ago. ask any local and they'll all tell you the same. I don't want to bring up a separate discussion now, but just to point out that simply everything evolves...for some for the better, for some for worse.

I first stayed at Pikes in 2000 for my honeymoon and have been lucky to stay there numerous times since. Since Andy and Dawn took things over in 2011, I believe things have gone from strength to strength. Prior to then I was worried that the place would even continue as Tony had brought in a number of the wrong type of people to help him and this made things progressively worse.

Stayed there again this year and the best experience I have had in all my years there, so I would disagree. I just hope they continue to invest in the infrastructure and grounds, without losing the quirkiness (the price you pay for what you get room wise is not reflective. The grounds in September could also do with a bit of TLC)

Everything does change, but IMO Pikes is currently one of those that have changed for the better.

well dirk, then we'll just agree that we disagree. the venue is fab, some of their parties are great, but crowd wise I'm mostly not a fan I have to say.

well dirk, then we'll just agree that we disagree. the venue is fab, some of their parties are great, but crowd wise I'm mostly not a fan I have to say.

We were lucky when we stayed there and we met some lovely people. Have to admit that last Sunday when we popped up for Sunday Roast the crowd were completely different from the previous week. Not sure if a Sunday thing, but some people I wouldn't expect to see at Pikes tbh.

I first stayed at Pikes in 2000 for my honeymoon and have been lucky to stay there numerous times since. Since Andy and Dawn took things over in 2011, I believe things have gone from strength to strength ... Pikes is currently one of those that have changed for the better.
so true. actually it´s the 8th wonder of the world that they brought pikes back to life especially with all the other possibilities you have in ibiza within the last 5 years ...

Not sure if a Sunday thing, but some people I wouldn't expect to see at Pikes tbh.

Do elaborate. Can't be worse than the Ok yaah hedge funders' booming voices barking into mobile phones and shattering the peaceful setting of the Atzaro swimming pool with their "deal instructions" ....

A load of rich, annoying English 20s/30s at pikes last Sunday who obv weren't music heads but the actual crowd on dancefloor were pretty sound. No idea who was playing but caught a good hour of proper house before someone went on and killed the vibe with... Blur (!)

Cue: exit

As a venue, ridiculously beautiful. totally my kind of intimate vibe. But we sacked off cosmic pineapple in the end. i'm sure the music was ace but the pretentious, pseudo-hippy email/fancy dress theme put us off

A load of rich, annoying English 20s/30s at pikes last Sunday who obv weren't music heads but the actual crowd on dancefloor were pretty sound. No idea who was playing but caught a good hour of proper house before someone went on and killed the vibe with... Blur (!)

Cue: exit

As a venue, ridiculously beautiful. totally my kind of intimate vibe. But we sacked off cosmic pineapple in the end. i'm sure the music was ace but the pretentious, pseudo-hippy email/fancy dress theme put us off

Tbh it doesn't surprise me that those types are filtering into Pikes given the sort of travel publications the place pops up in. Used to be DJ Antz on a Sunday, assume that's changed now ?

Tbh it doesn't surprise me that those types are filtering into Pikes given the sort of travel publications the place pops up in. Used to be DJ Antz on a Sunday, assume that's changed now ?

Good point, not seen DJ Antz for a while now.

Back