I'm Sad.

"Rose tinted specticals" here; I am as guilty as anyone else. Ibiza has that way of exasibating this feeling, more than anywhere else I expect :)

I love ibiza, it just has a magical vibe about it. No where else like it. Croatia I imagine is nice and much cheaper but its not the same. After taking a break for 3 years I am officially addicted again. God help me when the closings end, got to wait 6 months to get back out there again. Yes some parts are commercial but what I love is you still have the underground parties, cocoon, music on, etc. Will be a big change with space closing but things always change there and we still love it. The prices in Ibiza are ridiculous but hey.. They know we will pay for it because we love Ibiza. I have been 2 times this year and going back for closings and the money i have spent there and will spend for closings brings a tear to my eye ha

Ah the old 'Ibiza is dead' thing.

I first came here for 2 weeks in 2000. I came every year again at least once, I did a couple of seasons (well kind of), and I've lived here for a few years now.

Ibiza is totally different now to 16 years ago. I imagine in 2000, there were people saying Ibiza was dead because the music on offer ranged from dnb to trance to hard house as well as the normal house music.

I remember when they clamped down on daytime parties and everyone said Ibiza was dead.

Now Space is closing and every one is say Ibiza is dead.

Truth is, it constantly evolves, that energy and connection between music, creativity, sunshine and hedonism isn't going away. Ibiza will always find a way adapting, and the party will never die.

Maybe in years to come you will have people fondly looking back on Enter, Elrow and Musicon.. in the same way we all look back on Manumission, Clockwork Orange etc with rose tinted specs!

So in essence, what has actually changed? You can't go to Space at 8am anymore, maybe not such a bad thing, there was huge problems with road traffic accidents, people getting run over, and just general problems with lots of people having overdone it and carrying on from one club to the next, you can still sensibly daytime party (sort of) after having a bit of a rest!

The drugs are still everywhere you go, and a lot stronger! I would say the presence of drugs is a lot more now than it was when I first started going, or maybe its just I hang about more in those areas!

its mainly peoples reviews and experiences on here that make me think maybe i should get on that plane. even if it was only to go to one party and chill the rest. In my head im very much 'aint what it used to be' and sadly i do believe it but theres a whole new generation discovering it and having time of their lives and i dont want to take away from that

I do agree with this. Pretty sure they're enjoying the parties as much as we did in their own way.

I've had my quota of marathon Ibiza party sessions and whilst I'm very grateful for them, I still wish I'd balanced those times when I was younger a bit better, and spent more time away from the speakers enjoying the peaceful side of the island and partying far less. Making up for it now :lol:. My biggest regrets leaving Ibiza have never been the parties I never got to but the other things I didn't do there because I was too wiped out, hammered or skint from those I went to. The post-hedonistic "fear and self-loathing" thing lol. Clubs can virtually consume entire trips - and budgets. But daytime parties on the beach dancing in the sun to cool vibes with your bare feet in the sand always beat any club for me... and the memories of that feeling of first stumbling down to Punta Galera stick just as much if not more than the final tune before lights-up after a full-on session at Amnesia.

Things change and there's still nowhere else I'd rather drop everything, throw a bag together and fly out to knowing that no matter what with a bit of effort and a flexible attitude I can spend as few days knowing I'm going to find something amazing to see and do during every one of them. And I can still most likely find some decent music and a happy party somewhere or other any day of the week in Season. The island's changed but I've changed too - and what really draws me back to the place over everywhere else in the Med will be completely unaffected by whether Space PDB becomes a huge car park, a shopping mall or the next St Tropez glitter-club.

Make the most of temptation being taken out of your path and Ibiza will reward you in spades.

I love Ibiza for what it represents to me, the underground music, the clubs. Seeing my favourite djs, play my favourite music, in the the best clubs in the world. Without that I doubt id be interested as much as it would just be another magaluf, zante holiday etc to me.

Ibiza is my release where i can forget about everyday life things on the dancefloor for 5/8 hours. Yes its becoming VIP but I dont let that bother me. I just hope they don't kill off the underground partys for the sake of a more mainstream audience.

Not as good as it used be? Quite possibly. Still better than any touted alternative. Definitely.

Sunday afternoons on the Space terrace are irreplaceable. So is being 20. We had the former, today's kids have the latter. I hope they are having a whale of a time. I'm sure there are.

I echo alot of posts as nxt week will be my 15th visit since 2001. Much has changed since first arriving, lost my hair, split up with my long term girlfriend ( which fizzled out like bora bora back in 06) Met my now wife, had our honeymoon here in 2011. I could go on but for me Ibiza holds a place in my heart, yes its different now but as im reaching 38, u adapt- go with the flow. It will be intresting to see what develops for nxt year- cu u on the dance floor nxt Sunday

Ibiza isn't as good as used to be i'm afraid, i'm also afraid i'm not as good as i used to be either. Therefore its still a match made in heaven. I have been going on and off for 27 years ( including this year ). Guess we are growing old together gracefully...

Its the hoards of people that get me down, queuing for everything, traffic jams, nowhere to park...........

Ibiza isn't as good as used to be i'm afraid, i'm also afraid i'm not as good as i used to be either. Therefore its still a match made in heaven. I have been going on and off for 27 years ( including this year ). Guess we are growing old together gracefully...

Have you been going to Space every year, or just a normal holiday?? :)

Back