Global Gathering 2011

the reason is: I refuse to give a penny to these cheesy, pop stars who are raping the dance music scene, these aren't dance acts or electronic acts, these are pop stars, or urban or whatever you want to call this rubbish, they are definitely not electronic in any way!

that is fine man, as i keep saying its about choices. Props to you for taking, in your view, a stance.

I don't understand how they are raping the dance music scene though??

that is fine man, as i keep saying its about choices. Props to you for taking, in your view, a stance.

I don't understand how they are raping the dance music scene though??

by pretending to be electronic/dance artists

Guetta calls himself a house dj, which everyone with a brain knows he isn't, therefore he is raping the house scene

much as I enjoying ranting about things I have no interest in or knowledge of, I will concede onemore is quite right in that in nobody is actually obliged to attend these events. :lol:

much as I enjoying ranting about things I have no interest in or knowledge of, I will concede onemore is quite right in that in nobody is actually obliged to attend these events. :lol:

thank fu(k

Hauskitten: Well, my understanding of electronic music is that its produced electronically, whether that is via a laptop or a synth. It's electronic. Ok, they are different end of the spectrum, but they are still in the same spectrum. Take Terrorcore and Jungle. Completely different genres, but still part of the genre of Electronic Dance Music.

Unless (as pointed out earlier) they were desperate to see Hawtin :!:

totally mate. Not sure why everyone has got so excited about it....

Promoters put festival on>Do you like the line up?> If yes, go if you can/If no, then don't go.

not rocket science

Hauskitten: Well, my understanding of electronic music is that its produced electronically, whether that is via a laptop or a synth. It's electronic. Ok, they are different end of the spectrum, but they are still in the same spectrum. Take Terrorcore and Jungle. Completely different genres, but still part of the genre of Electronic Dance Music.

Yep.... just like when I make funky noises with the keypad on my mobile

most if not all music is produced electronically, a rock band might (and probably does) uses an electic guitar, played through an amp, which is in a studio, with lots of electronic equipment, he might also sing in to a microphone........................they aren't an electronic band, just because they use electronics

the only serious point I'm going to add is that I feel that the UK festival scene has left people like me behind - there's a lot of rock festivals, a lot of wacky festivals, a lot of beardy festivals, a lot of corporate pukefests and a lot of mongzones, but there isn't really any event which really grabs me. Definite gap in the uk market for people like me in our 30s who've done the whole bestival/big chill thing, slowing down slightly but are itching to do something different.

by pretending to be electronic/dance artists

Guetta calls himself a house dj, which everyone with a brain knows he isn't, therefore he is raping the house scene

Do you know Guetta's history?? I am as far from a fan of him as you can be, but if you look back at where he came from/what he was involved with he wasn't always a Pop Star.

Although there are some dj's I'd like to see play the thought of going back to GG is doing nothing for me. This summer am going back to Glade , its been scaled back down to 5000 people , got the ticket before any lineup came out as it genuinely doesnt matter there. Also looking at Melt in Germany as including flights and transfers wont work out much more than something like GG but with a much less poppy lineup

The funny thing is other than from what I've gathered Tinie Tempah is there... I haven't yet seen the lineup I just think Global's sh*te anyway :lol:

Do you know Guetta's history?? I am as far from a fan of him as you can be, but if you look back at where he came from/what he was involved with he wasn't always a Pop Star.

whatever the history, he still calls himself a house dj now, he is just a pop dj

His music was just as crap back then I'm afraid just minus the token RnB star

Back