Glasto

One myth is that all the food is awesome... Theres some

I kept hearing this but most of the places we encountered were fairly forgettable. always sounded better than the end product. Recomendations?

Pie and mash stands are great, the welsh ogie stall, hog roasts, steak houses, sausage fest, just whatever takes yer fancy. The park is a great place for food stalls and deep in the market areas theres little delights everywhere. I tend to stay away from the standard burger places etc round the main stages. Its all about just wandering and finding magic in unknown places really. You just don't know what surprise could be round each corner at Glastonbury.

man i wish I'd got tickets even more now. Will have try the resale last ditch attempt!

Efestivals mate. Can be a bit cliquey on there but if you get on it and post a bit etc then theres teams of people on there go for the resale in May and a lot of success.

I agree on spending money- I took around £400 but hardly spent much on reflection. Use the charity lock ups- every year you can read people on efestivals who been robbed. I have a geeky pouch to hold ticket/main money/ID then just having spending money in pocket.

I ate a sausage and bacon butty before going in each day- granted not as easy if camping. Then usually one meal a day because you have to I suppose- depends on what activities you get upto!

The pie stands were good (pie minster possibly?) and the Yorkshire pudding with roast meat near the pyramid, also a pink van overlooking the other stage did good steak/blue cheese/red onion marmalade baguettes.

Take a small rucksack, if you don't you get a free one when entering from the Gaurdian newspaper anyway, put a few drinks in each day and a pouch/container of spirits and just buy cokes/mixer. Mix it up with cocktails every so often, those at the beats hotel were good from memory. A waterproof poncho and a jumper. When it gets cooler you've drunk your heavy beer, put your jumper and stick the folded up bag in your pocket...youre good until well after the sun comes back up.

that brothers 'festival' cider is absolute loopy juice. Not sure what they put in it but it gets the party started real quick!

Remembered we're on for this today!:D

We're coming round the mountain and Glastonbury is on the horizon. During Christmas and that you kinda forget it eh then when we get into the new year it hits you, the 5 days of utter madness is on route!!!!

Bought an old caravan for festivals. Re upholstered one set of beds, next set should be finished soon and going to paint the inside when we get a few dry days:)

Not the biggest surprise in the world I know, at a secret gig at the Cheese and Grain pub in Frome Somerset....
Foo Fighters announced they will play the Pyramid Stage on Saturday...

Never saw that coming :D

Slightly off topic but is there any dance music at Leeds festival? Friends have asked us to go, the Mrs likes Eminem but I'm wandering if there's anything other than bands. At Glastonbury there's plenty of things to keep you interested whilst bimbling along :)

Back