Glasto

You see here and on efestivals how many of us do not see a holding page, yet some people manage multiple times once they are on.

I've heard it's more difficult as more people are trying for less tickets!

get yourself on the eFestivals forum around that time, there are always people on there trying on the resales and secret resales, that's the best place to get heads up information and tips for when the tickets go back on sale.

13 of us in our group trying to get tickets all using 2 devices each, the same girl got through 3 times and managed to bag all the tickets while the rest of us couldnt even get onto the website as it kept crashing...absolute madness....it just comes down to pure luck

but anyway im really looking forwrd as i didnt make it last year, such a great festival

I'm looking at camping options and having spoken to a few friends who've been before (this'll be my first time) I'm severely tempted by Worthy View. It doesn't look cheap and is technically offsite but apparently it's a doddle to get to a from on the Wednesday and Monday when everyone's stuck in hours of traffic and despite having no "atmosphere" I'll trade that for peace and being able to sleep when it's several days in and I'm getting frazzled. What's everyone's thoughts though?

I'm looking at camping options and having spoken to a few friends who've been before (this'll be my first time) I'm severely tempted by Worthy View. It doesn't look cheap and is technically offsite but apparently it's a doddle to get to a from on the Wednesday and Monday when everyone's stuck in hours of traffic and despite having no "atmosphere" I'll trade that for peace and being able to sleep when it's several days in and I'm getting frazzled. What's everyone's thoughts though?

I've never stayed in Worthy View personally but had some mates stay up there last year and it's pretty great if you wanna take away the hassle of lugging tents in, setting up etc. The car parks for WV are close to the tents as well so not too much of a hassle taking yer booze n what not in. There's separate showers in WV (sometimes busy) shops and everything you need up there. The only issue is the walk into the festival and out again. It's not a MASSIVE walk but the hill is a hill of f***ing death haha all in all though Worthy view is a good set up and worth that little extra. I'm just a sucker for camping down in all the action.

Mates stay in the tipi part near the park, they like it and my best mate wants in there but £1000 doesn't seeen worth it to me.

Two years ago we were in the furthest field from gate C in campervan fields. It didn't bother me one bit, I'd drink a can before getting to the gate (15/20 mins) then you walk through circus fields and see crazy stuff. Walking back after the dance stuff/stone circle in the morning-ok its a long ish walk but I liked it, things were hopefully wearing off and I was ready to get my head down once I got back to the trailer. It's the reason my wife isn't coming this year though.

There isn't really an atmosphere though which didn't bother me, sleep-eat-party repeat. The only night I came home early was sunday 1/2am and the naughty corner was loud. Which wasn't great as I got everyone up and out 6am for 7 hr drive home.

2000 I was in the workers family camping bit near gate B- so not experienced the main camping fields.

Hopefully campervan field again this year

Two years ago we were in the furthest field from gate C in campervan fields

Mate of mine had a camper in E17 up by where yer talking couple year ago. f***ing hell what a trek man :lol: another hill of death over there. Never again will i walk that i swear to god!!

worthy view has a stunning view and great toilets etc by accounts of ppl who have paid the extra.
Camp in South Park ie the furthest you can walk from the exit is my only camping advice

I'm just remembering the trek through the 'train-line' each time there's a major switch of traffic, and the clang of the long drops, and Irish coffees from the 24 hour shops in the small hours....:D

Another consideration is that there are reportedly zero thefts from Worthy View tents as there are more staff mooching around and some of the pods are lockable. I've heard there are very rare thefts from tents in the main campsites, should this be factored in to deciding where to stay or is it so rare that sensible precautions mean that in all likelihood nothing will happen wherever I stay?

As with all festivals. Anything worth nicking should be on your person or in a locker. There are free (charitable donation) lockers available. If someone went in my tent all they could nick would be a sleeping bag some food and some booze.
I put my cash cards , I.D and spare cash in the lockers

Great tip. Out of interest, how much cash are people normally taking and spending per day? I'll be bringing as much booze as possible with me, especially as the bar prices are London pub equivalent. Not sure how much cooking I can be bothered with, might be a first day or two thing when my enthusiasm for it is higher.

Glasto does add up all together. i would hazard a guess i spent about 40 quid a day maybe? besides whatever i brought in. I think spirits are the only thing worth bringing in unless you like warm beer. You could spend much less if your good at planning and inclined to take in more stuff but the walk across the site on arrival day is no joke especially if its boiling hot and have a killer hangover :lol:

You can do it as lavishly or as cheaply as you want really - there are cheap places to eat (or even free food at the Hari Krishna tent if you were skint!) but the food selection and quality are amazing to be fair, so it depends on how many times a day you're planning on eating, you can expect to pay between £7 and £10 for a meal :)

Great tip. Out of interest, how much cash are people normally taking and spending per day? I'll be bringing as much booze as possible with me, especially as the bar prices are London pub equivalent. Not sure how much cooking I can be bothered with, might be a first day or two thing when my enthusiasm for it is higher.

I take about 400 quid but always come back with money. I take plenty in with my purely for the fact yer allowed to. Theres no other festival that lets you take as much of yer own shit as you want and freely walk round the whole place with it so definitely take advantage of that. As said already Glastonbury can be as lavish as you want or on a bread line if you want. Thats the beauty. I like to think of Glastonbury as a city. The centre and main areas are yer central part that can be more pricey, venture out into the nooks and crannies and you'll find booze and food much cheaper like you would in a city.

but the food selection and quality are amazing to be fair, so it depends on how many times a day you're planning on eating

You could actually go to Glastonbury and just spend 5 days eating all the amazing food, its just a shame i don't go and do that :lol:

Already excited, looking up my '09 report from here http://forum.ibiza-spotlight.com/threads/glastonbury-09.53065/page-5:

In brief:

Highlights:
Mark Thomas at Speakers Corner in the Green Futures
Florence and the Machine at The John Peel Stage
East 17 for the chuckles
Mr Hudson opening The Other Stage
Having my tent pitched before I got there :p. Cheers X-man
The toilet roll incident - launching a toilet roll back at a young chap before realising he was only trying to share as he was going home early. Probably made him cynical and mean from now on but was very funny.
Neville Bartos - the man, the mystery, the legend
Dreadzone in the Dance Village
Beadyman and flute-beat box fella - only caught the end though
The weather - sometimes

Lowlights:
Lady Gaga - an embarassment - constant intersong 'sexy' banter and heavy breathing stunk of desperation. "I love festivals - if I came to this one I'd be topless and doing acid" etc etc "I'm not wearing any knickers", while only getting a response from a few people down the front that clapped and whooped for everything.

Overdoing it and not sleeping Thursday until Sunday morning and consequentially missing the rest of Sunday!

The weather - sometimes.

Reactions: aby
One myth is that all the food is awesome... Theres some
You could actually go to Glastonbury and just spend 5 days eating all the amazing food, its just a shame i don't go and do that :lol:

I kept hearing this but most of the places we encountered were fairly forgettable. always sounded better than the end product. Recomendations?

Another consideration is that there are reportedly zero thefts from Worthy View tents as there are more staff mooching around and some of the pods are lockable. I've heard there are very rare thefts from tents in the main campsites, should this be factored in to deciding where to stay or is it so rare that sensible precautions mean that in all likelihood nothing will happen wherever I stay?

Same as everywhere else in the world really, just look after yer stuff and keep yer money safe and you should be fine. The thefts at Glastonbury are usually rogue security. Ive never had anything stolen in my 8 years going (i hope i havent just jinxed myself haha) but aye id say Glastonbury is one of the safest places in the world when its on. I have dropped a phone down a long drop before :lol:

Ps the lock ups are highly recommended if you want piece of mind. Theyre free and you could trust them with yer life. Free bog roll from them too.

Last edited:
Back