G20 Summit

n689747720_2089713_2477311.jpg

n689747720_2089714_7690368.jpg

Just before the protesters daubed Built on Blood on the walls of The BoE and smashed the windows of RBS and sprayed Thieves on the walls....

Definitely the right time to leave because it's clearly going to kick off. :confused:
Looks like it's begun

The Sun said:
PROTESTERS have broken into a branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland in the City of London.

A small group - many with their faces covered by bandanas - stormed in this afternoon after windows in the Bartholomew Lane entrance were smashed.
Eleven arrests have been made so far today as thousands of G20 protesters swarmed through the capital.
Riot police have now been sent in after a policeman was hit over the head with a pole outside the Bank of England.

I havent seen anything in the City. All very dull. I boycotted wearing casual clothes even though half my office is in their jeans and "hoodies" :lol:

There was live footage earlier on BBC website, was ok to watch for like a second but my workmates were engrossed providing a running commentary :lol:

Funniest thing earlier though is my friend at work sending round a supposed pic of riots - turned out to be a pic from 1999 :lol:

Carrying tents, picnic blankets and wooden stalls, the campaigners closed off Bishopsgate.
The climate camp aims to stay at the City of London site for 24 hours and, later this evening, plans to have bicycle-powered cinema, workshops and a ceilidh.

:rolleyes:

Just been for a quick stroll down there, here is my assestment.

Load of unwashed making mess and noise.

Oh and some hippies breastfeeding.

I havent seen anything in the City. All very dull. I boycotted wearing casual clothes even though half my office is in their jeans and "hoodies" :lol:

There was live footage earlier on BBC website, was ok to watch for like a second but my workmates were engrossed providing a running commentary :lol:

Funniest thing earlier though is my friend at work sending round a supposed pic of riots - turned out to be a pic from 1999 :lol:

yeah, that found it's way to a guy behind me, I soon debunked it when I spotted the routemaster bus.....taken out of service in 2005!!

yeah, that found it's way to a guy behind me, I soon debunked it when I spotted the routemaster bus.....taken out of service in 2005!!

Ahh so thats what my dad meant by Routemaster, I sent it to him and he was like I think you will find this is a fake, Routemaster Bus. I was thinking what the hell?!?! :lol::lol::lol:

*a pedant writes*

they still operate on 3 tourist routes and a few others are privately used as wedding/party buses. I attended a town hall meeting with Boris recently and the question came up of when he would do away with the bendy buses but he was uncharacteristically tight-lipped.

*a pedant writes*

they still operate on 3 tourist routes and a few others are privately used as wedding/party buses. I attended a town hall meeting with Boris recently and the question came up of when he would do away with the bendy buses but he was uncharacteristically tight-lipped.

can't see why, he didn't bring the bloody things in!

Back