first season without after hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a breath? No way everyone wants to know now.Cant you see everyones anticipation on this matter.For some of us ----)looking forward to an ibiza trip is what keeps us wanting to live and when something gets f'ed up it keeps us awake at night:eek:

right ok - why not look at whats happening locally as far as all the clubs are saying

er

that'd be effectively

er nada

so, get over it

come here - have a great time, explore the island, see all the dj's you want to and er what else ???

here you go - from an american car mag review of the new audi estate

ive just seen the review - we were in san juan petrol station the other day when 2 big f***k off audis pulled in by drivers who had badges etc - the first was red and the second was a silver grey thing - they were speaking german and it looked like one of them had left the petrol cap on the pump - i was going to say something but then... er didnt ;)

i wish i'd walked across and screwdrivered their tyres.. ;)

"we selected our mounts for the initial run from the airport at the south end of the island to the hotel at the northern end."

the picture is obviously hacienda hotel
a4-ibiza-4501.jpg

btw where are the quotes in this?

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/06/first-drive-2008-audi-a4-on-the-autobahn-and-in-ibiza/

Since your here why dont you give me some tips on where to go during the day since there will be no music before 4:30.Anyone???

Not beach laying i already have some of that planned.

San An? seen as bars can play music at noon? just an idea!! plus you have all the sunset cafes to chill in - sorted :p

this may sound stupid but ibiza isnt all about bora bora or sa trincha

widen your horizons

you might be surprised

I think you underestimate how much ibiza is bora bora and sa trincha. There just needs to be a balance with that and everything else.

Lets just wait and see how things turn out this year!! All the doom+gloom stories are starting to do my nut in!!
:confused:

i found this well informed post on a travel forum this morning. 13000 posts so he must know what he's talking about.

RE:Is ibiza still the party capital of the world?

by arkspice on Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:43 pm
Ibiza isnt the party island it once was, the clubs are still there and the punters but the in crowd has grown tired of the island and moved on, the DJs will show up on the island as long as they get the paycheck to do so. There is still magic to be found on the island but many hotels and resorts no longer rent to clubbers, the cheap beach front houses are a thing of the past as more resorts and spas get built. They just passed many new laws to control all night parties on the island so the people there have grown tired of the scene. They want to move beyond the all night parties and get more families and upscale singles there. So we will see what happens to the island, I have had many great nights there and will always remember the sunrise sessions at Cafe Del Mar!
Its still worth the trip but its not what it once was. Miami in March is now the Ibiza of the US.

arkspice Posts: 13434 Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:55 pm
sunRISE sessions at Cafe Del Mar?!? :rolleyes:

from the ibiza sun:

"Afters" Row Continues
The controversial row over opening hours continued through the week as the mayor of San Antonio, Jose Sala, confirmed he would not be supporting the new regulations. His statement came as San Jose, Santa Eulalia and Ibiza Town all approved the new legislation which is set to ensure clubs and bars with a café-concierto licence are unable to open until 4.30p.m.
The measures were put in place to stop the after-hour clubs and discos from opening during the morning, to ensure revellers were unable to continue partying 24-hours a day. The Consell Insular thought the lax legislation which had been in place until now was damaging the image of the island, and forcing family tourism to other destinations. The president, Xico Tarres, therefore decided to introduce legislation which would force the big clubs to close their doors from 6a.m. through until 4.30pm. They hope that this will ensure clubbers have no other option than to return to their hotel or relax on the beach.
While most people are initially in agreement with the idea, the problem comes in the classification of these discos and smaller clubs. At present they are all classified as café-conciertos, and so the new law will also affect all bars with live music, ensuring they will be unable to open until 4.30p.m. This will inevitably cause a problem on days when there are major sporting events during the morning, and would seriously damage family tourism in places like San Antonio, the Bay and Santa Eulalia.
The mayor of San Antonio, Jose Sala, was the first to see the potential problem with after-hour bars and clubs, introducing tough new measures last year. He is, however, also the first to see the stumbling blocks with the potential new legislation. He fears the new law will negatively affect all the pubs and bars with café-concierto licences, which regularly open at midday to serve an expectant public. Fearing a risk to over 60 bars with such a licence, he has backed out of the moves, and promised to keep a similar legislation to that already in place. However he did announce on Thursday he would be introducing a new regulation which would ensure discos with acapacity for over 1,500 people would be forced to close between 6a.m. and 4.30p.m. This would affect the four major clubs within the municipality, and hopefully eradicate the threat of after-hour clubbers partying the day away within San Antonio.
Unfortunately his lead has not been followed by any of the municipalities on the island. San Jose passed legislation on Monday which will ensure discos and bars classified as café-conciertos will be forced to close between 6a.m. and 4.30p.m. This caused panic amongst local businessmen who confirmed the new regulations would have a negative effect on the tourism industry in the area.
The Town Hall of Santa Eulalia has also agreed the new legislation, the first of its kind within the municipality.
Ibiza Town was the next to vote with the Councillor for Tourism, Vicent Ferrer, criticising the stance of San Antonio, saying they would now be the centre of all after-hour activities. He revealed that the initial proposal of the Consell Insular had been to extend closing times until 6p.m, but they had lowered it after fierce disapproval from San Antonio. He found it astonishing that Jose Sala and his administration were now pulling out of the agreement altogether.
The Councillor for Tourism for San Juan, Jaume Mari, said although the agreement had not yet been approved in his constituency, they were behind the new proposals. He continued that while they did not themselves have any after-hour bars, they thought a united front by all mayors was the most appropriate way to fight the threat, and said a similar stand against illegal parties would help eradicate problems they had faced in Benirras and other areas of San Juan.

So, the big question on everybody's mind is which popular daytime spots operate under the café-concierto license? Does this include Bora Bora, Sa Trinxa, Blue Marlin, etc....?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I chose San An!!! How many café-conciertos are there within Santa Eulalia? Is there like a directory so people know what's going to open and what is not? :evil:

I'm Kinda wishing i did now!

I'm going to wait until i'm back from my June holiday over there before I decide where to stay in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back