first season without after hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRackin

Super Moderator
from spotlight's Club News & Reviews:

Time to put your clocks forward again...

It's all change again as the clubs are forced to open at 4:30 pm

It's official then ... after a few weeks of much fretting and worrying for many Spotlighters, we now have confirmation that the Ibiza councils have all agreed to change the club opening times again.

This now means that the Ibiza superclubs (and DC10 of course) are not able to open before 4:30 pm - and have to close at 6 am the following morning.

So what does this mean to you, the Ibiza clubber ..?

Well to be honest, unless you're one of the hardcore ... it probably won't affect you too much.

As we've mentioned earlier, this new legislation only really affects two clubs - DC10 and Space.

Certain parties, like Matinee and We Love Space are often busy by midday, and these early starts will certainly be missed by many, but the bigger picture hardly suggests a clubbing disaster.

So we look ahead in interest at how the guys at Matinee and We Love re-schedule their summer plans, but for those looking to Ibiza for a clubbing trip to remember ... it will be business as usual.

m7z4o2.jpg

picasa

btw, this is the continuation of no after hours before noon.....

for me its really just Matinee I'm disappointed about.

I have to say, I'm surprised, because most cities in the world have after hours clubs... Even the most boring city on earth, where I live, has a couple. They are crap, but they exist.

For a lot of people, the afterhours are not 'after hours' many people go to sleep Friday night and get up and go to matinee in the morning.. same with DC10, while some are on 3 day benders, many people go there after a nice day at the beach.

If the whole reason is to eradicate drugs, I wonder if there is a higher percentage of people taking drugs at the day clubs rather than the night clubs?

Like someone said in the other thread, I don't see why they had to get rid of them completely.. if they kept the day club rule for weekend, like Matinee and we love, then at least you're keeping it a 'get wild on the weekend only' type of deal...But, i guess no one is on a weekday/weekend schedule anyway.

it won't stop me from going to ibiza, but I wonder if matinee will still take place at all this year.

Does anyone know for sure if this will affect Bora Bora? If it does I think I might reconsider staying in Playa Den Bossa this year!

yeah but wasn't that before these new laws were approved?

can't really call it matinee!.. i guess 4:30 is still afternoon! :lol:

but this promoter group(like cocoon or monza) can't change its name despite hours change. Matinee is the name of the promoter group based in Barcelona, since 1999, Matinée Group.
It's true that matinee at the same time is synonymous of morning, his story begins at day, but it has day and night sessions in their clubs and their tour.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me I think its a real shame, probly the main highlight of my ibiza trip last year was dancing on the terrace at we love in the hot early afternoon with the fans blasting in my face. I guess you can still get to we love in the afternoon but I doubt it would get cranking till the early evening now like 6 or 7.

Like he said most cities in the world have after hours clubs, just look at barcelona probly got the best after club in the world (souvenirs/la leche). It just seems Ibiza is getting softer and softer every year. I watched some video on youtube of amnesia's closing party a couple of years ago still cranking at about midday the next day. Did there used ot be any laws about closing times at all or could any club do whatever they like?

Maybe this will pave they way for a new Tea dance type party like they also have in barcelona that starts at around 6 or 7 and goes till midnight so people can kick on to other clubs. Like matinee on a friday or sat evening?

Just my thoughts

but this promoter group(like cocoon or monza) can't change its name despite hours change. Matinee is the name of the promoter group based in Barcelona, since 1999, Matinée Group.
It's true that matinee at the same time is synonymous of morning, his story begins at day, but it has day and night sessions in their clubs and their tour.

i know... i was *attempting* to make it funny! :lol:

I'd imagine there will be massive queues now at 4.30pm, everyone will be gagging to get inside. So instead of the steady flow of people from 8am onwards you'll have a massive onslaught of people right up for it :D

When it's put like this I don't see what the problem is? I think the government have achieved a fair balance between clubbing and respected the residents who live there! I for one think it's dissapointing and I would prefer after hours but it certenly is not the end of the world. I know 'some' people don't agree and think it's all over and maybe they are the tourists that the governement dont want to come back.......:D

shame about the laws but i think ibiza will be as good as ever....cant wait to get out there...8)

I would have liked to see them try a season with Midday openings to see if it had the desired effect before steamrolling in with the 4.30pm law

for me this is bad news and ill be avoiding ibiza this year and if the laws dont change back I wont be going back!!!

my favorite aspect to the island were the afterhours sessions or the early day sessions

@ we love + circo loco!

oh well it was fun while it lasted! time to find a new partying destination.

for me this is bad news and ill be avoiding ibiza this year and if the laws dont change back I wont be going back!!!

my favorite aspect to the island were the afterhours sessions or the early day sessions

@ we love + circo loco!

oh well it was fun while it lasted! time to find a new partying destination.

good luck finding one with as much clubbing ibiza still has to offer, every day of the week!

I would have liked to see them try a season with Midday openings to see if it had the desired effect before steamrolling in with the 4.30pm law

I agree

And, it's ridiculous that the city I live in has after hours clubs, but ibiza doesn't.

but edmonton has TEN times as many people as ibiza so i imagine that the number of after hours goers is like fly sh!t in the street compared with the ibiza scene?? or am i wrong?

afterhour vs dayparty

i can´t hear this "AFTERHOURs-" nonsense anymore -
the term "afterhours" is completely misleading.

most people connect with the word "afterhours"
xtasy/other drugs/some weird fukcin out of control assclowns/etc

for many people the parties who began in the morning
where no "after"hours at all !
many people i know went straight to space after landing
(even before checking in in their hotel :) ) or after a nice night in bed
or because the weather wasn´t so good for a day on the beach
or whatever ...

the thread should be called "first season without DAYPARTYs"
or something like that ...
(and don´t tell me there are still dayparties (= like what dc10 + space did)
@ ibiza, at 4.30pm the day is almost over).

ps:
just found this:
long time ago (9/2006) mcrackin already had a "end of DAYPARTY-"thread:
www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=41357

12:00 was just fine but 16:30 is ridiculous...and if you want my opinion the closing time of 06:00 is ridiculous too...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back