first season without after hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
... the problem is that the island is sick of everyone
having just that attitude of what the island is
translation:
... the problem is that i(!) am a troublemaker + party pooper and i(!) am sick of everyone
having fun on the island besides me ...
:lol:

ps: mr lk = "THE ISLAND" ???

btw:
where are the afterhours @ st eulalia which affect you ?

translation:
... the problem is that i(!) am a troublemaker + party pooper and i(!) am sick of everyone
having fun on the island besides me ...
:lol:

ps: mr lk = "THE ISLAND" ???

btw:
where are the afterhours @ st eulalia which affect you ?

*laughs*

over to you el ste - how are the "party people" viewed here ? ;)

i love the island - and i'm not a clubber (must add in a caveat that i did have my fair share of clubbing the first few years i lived here) - so when a tiny minority of tourists - and i mean a *tiny* miniority - create effectively 100% of the bad press that affects the worldwide reputation of the island i get a tad annoyed

*laughs*

i love the island - and i'm not a clubber (must add in a caveat that i did have my fair share of clubbing the first few years i lived here) - so when a tiny minority of tourists - and i mean a *tiny* miniority - create effectively 100% of the bad press that affects the worldwide reputation of the island i get a tad annoyed

so you used to do it........I think what some people don't like, especially the first timers is that they will never get to experience it. It's easy to say 'no big deal' when we got to experience having the option of after hours of day clubs years ago.

A Q for the locals - lets say over the next few seasons tourism goes down and down and their plan doesnt work; you think they will re-consider the daytime clubbing?

*laughs*

What is the bad press you are talking about?If its the fact that ibiza is clubbing capital of world and attracts that sort of person from all over the world---) how is that bad?I assume this is what your talking about.You even said yourself you did your fair share of clubbing.So would you put yourself in this catagory at some time in your life.Not all of the poeple have the "living in Ibiza experience".And if your sick of it then why did you move there? Or why wont you move from there?

Last edited by a moderator:
so clubbing had nothing to do with your enjoyment of the island, even if it was int he past?

absolutely not - i didnt come to live here so i could spend my life at bora bora etc or pay 2000 pesetas now 10 euros + for a bottle of beer in a club

lets say over the next few seasons tourism goes down and down and their plan doesnt work

is this the same question that all the press were saying last summer when amnesia, bora bora & dc10 were shut and they all predicted the end of ibiza tourism ?

and then ibiza had its busiest year ever ?

I think what some people don't like, especially the first timers is that they will never get to experience it.

i wasnt around when es paradis & ku were open air but i dont bitch about it - i also missed going to see led zep at knebworth in '79 because i wasnt allowed to because i was too young, i missed the bob marley gig in ibiza town etc etc (even though i was actually here - albiet being not old enough to know about it) - again i dont bitch about

so the bottom line is going to be: will airport figures go up *again*, will hotel occupancy go up *again* etc etc

i wont be surprised if they do

absolutely not - i didnt come to live here so i could spend my life at bora bora etc or pay 2000 pesetas now 10 euros + for a bottle of beer in a club

is this the same question that all the press were saying last summer when amnesia, bora bora & dc10 were shut and they all predicted the end of ibiza tourism ?

and then ibiza had its busiest year ever ?

i wasnt around when es paradis & ku were open air but i dont bitch about it - i also missed going to see led zep at knebworth in '79 because i wasnt allowed to because i was too young, i missed the bob marley gig in ibiza town etc etc (even though i was actually here - albiet being not old enough to know about it) - again i dont bitch about

so the bottom line is going to be: will airport figures go up *again*, will hotel occupancy go up *again* etc etc

i wont be surprised if they do

Ok so your saying with the new laws also comes bad press.Maybe so.But i dont see anything good coming out of the decisions they made other than to drive the club tourist away which makes up a big sum of your islands summer income.Yes 10 euro bottles of water etc.This only goes on in remote sections of your island.Someone had mentioned to you how after hours effects you where you live.

I guess what it comes down too is.If they change laws now just with after hours will this continue to new restrictions in the future.And if this happens how will the island cope with it as far as the economy and all the money they generate from tourists.

And please dont say clubbing tourists and young person is minority its so hard to beleieve that.Cuz when i went last yr thats all i saw out and about!

Furthermore where would all the euoropean clubbers start going to?Is there a similar island out there up and coming?

ibiza was a massive tourism spot before the clubs and will be after....

I agree, but i wouldn't have gone there in the first place if it weren't for the clubs.

and I wouldn't go back 5 years in a row if there was zero clubbing.

But every year I do go, I hire a car and see as much as I can of the island every day for about 10 days. I try to go to at least 2 to 3 beaches every day, different restaurants every morning and night. And, I will continue to come to the island despite the laws on the new clubbing.

however, those times of dancing during the daytime in the sunshine ( and usually this has been when i've had some sleep the night before!!) are some of my happiest memories of Ibiza.

A lot of people may not be there for the clubbing, but there was some reason they came here to holiday again and again or come to live permanently. If it was just about beaches and restaurants, there are many other places that have that. There is something special about Ibiza, not just the clubbing, I know.. but I think thats what got me there in the first place... and by me going back year after year after year, I've been able to see so much more of the island and made me a regular visitor to the island.

and, I hope I'm not the visitor ibiza wants to get rid of, just because i like to go to DC10 or Matinee...

...i love the island - and i'm not a clubber
(...i did have my fair share of clubbing the first few years i lived here) ...
always and everywhere the same old story:

people are attracted to something - f.e. ibiza´s beauty/beaches/nightlife/etc ...
... so that they even move there ...
... then after a while it gets boring if you have all the possibilities every day ...
... then they start whining and bitching about things they have gone through already ...
... and at last they want to spoil the fun for others with their
"i´m the last one in, close the doors behind me-"mentality :lol:

so when a tiny minority of tourists - and i mean a *tiny* miniority -
create effectively 100% of the bad press that affects the worldwide reputation
of the island i get a tad annoyed
are you living behind the moon ? :lol:
do you really think that the daytime-closing of space and dc10 prevents the press
from doing some "bad press" about ibiza (if they want ) and
ibiza will be a drugfree heaven then ??
i bet when amnesia/borabora/dc10 were closed down at the beginning of the 07 season
the special "(pool)deliveryservices" at some of the "better" hotels made loads of cash ...

it´s more a problem of the media respectively
of a very poor (or even non-existing ?) ibizencan pr-department .

And please dont say clubbing tourists and young person is minority its so hard to beleieve that.Cuz when i went last yr thats all i saw out and about!

well, yeah, if you spent all your time clubbing! but all the beaches i go to have grannies and kids and mums and dads everywehre. Even in ibiza town at night, families are all over the place!

and it's a reality that the clubbers are a minority.....

Not in summer months! NO WAY i dont buy it.For crying out loud this site is practiclly dedicated to Clubbing in ibiza.And 90 percent of other websites out there.Look at your most active cities in ibiza.SAN AN and Playa den bossa and ibiza town in the summer is a Money pit.And every other town is quiet and peacefull.

I do love the island as a whole and think its beautifull but thats not why alot of poeple go there admit it.Ibiza was portrayed as the ultimate clubbing experience and they also cashed in on it.To say the island would not be affected if clubs were to shut down is ubsurd.

Also, I can see why some people think advertising ibiza as an island of hedonistic debauchery where the party never ends is a bad thing...but for some people, myself included, thats why I wanted to go there in the first place! :lol:

Not in summer months! NO WAY i dont buy it.For crying out loud this site is practiclly dedicated to Clubbing in ibiza.And 90 percent of other websites out there.Look at your most active cities in ibiza.SAN AN and Playa den bossa in the summer is a Money pit.

I do love the island as a whole and think its beautifull but thats not why alot of poeple go there admit it.Ibiza was portrayed as the ultimate clubbing experience and they also cashed in on it.To say the island would not be affected if clubs were to shut down is ubsurd.

why don't you buy it? did you travel around to the beaches throughout the day? most people there are families!

I don't think anyone is saying the island wouldn't be affected if all the clubs shut down.

always and everywhere the same old story:
good god, you really don't get it do you ?

edit - god forbid i suggest that this could very easily get off topic ;)

icebear if you want to continue in general chat about this i'm happy to talk in the open clubbing forum as its going to get off topic ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back