first season without after hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...
Ibiza: Is the party over?

Further, Ibizan authorities are aware that the visitors they now favour – the likes of Penelope Cruz and Zinedine Zidane, looking for a sun-drenched luxury lifestyle, or families who want a safe, tranquil beach holiday – are critical of concrete monstrosities that have ravaged the island's beauty.

The perfect clientele?
Clubbers who visited the island in the first wave of rave tourism.
These now affluent fortysomethings are starting to return with their children,
preferring to stay in luxury and leave their children with the nanny
while they dip back into the party atmosphere
..."
(www.independent.co.uk/news/europe/ibiza-is-the-party-over-805249.html)

I wonder if they realise the wishes of many of the visitors they favour?!

Those 'affluent' tourists are not going to return if they never go in the first place.

from myspace, thought so. axwell and sebastian ingrosso, for example, say it starts at 20:00 and fedde le grand at 14:00..... not true :!:

also from the independent - erick morillo's opinion.

erick, of course, is well qualified to speak on this subject. the multi-millionaire dj has no vested interest in any ibiza clubs and arriving by private jet, being chauffered to and from his luxury secluded villa to work and back certainly has his finger on the pulse of everyday ibicenco life and more than likely is extremely empathetic with your average hotel worker living in a crowded flat in figueretes and working all the hours god sends in our ever dwindling holiday season.
what´s wrong with that ?
the consell said that "afterhour-clubbers" are "low quality" tourists
and they want to get rid of them !

“I think they thought, if we shut down DC10 for instance,
we deter a certain type of tourist that we’re not that interested in.

And I think they were shocked by how many of the
- high-rollers - who come to the island
- in their private jets and boats,
- hire big villas and
- spend fortunes at restaurants and all the boutiques –
by HOW POPULAR a real grassroots club like DC10 was with them ...”
25ez7g8.jpg
25ez7g8.jpg
25ez7g8.jpg

(www.spotlight-forums.com/showpost.php?p=1150458&postcount=456)

should be interesting to see some changes in opening times and closing times concerning DC10.

On Ibiza Voice's Party Calendar all the opening parties are apparently opening at 11.00pm.

I know one thing for certain the clubs aint gonna be empty at 1am anymore!

I for one will be hitting the clubs at midnight if they are gonna be closing early at 6am.

I can also see Space and DC10 hiking their ticket prices up to make up for earnings lost whilst closed. We Love is more or less being halved in two!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is getting a little cheeky but what if space or one of the clubs made one of those noisless discos during the day. You know the ones where everybody has headphones and you can choose between 2 dj's playing live sets. Could this work???

It'd be **** though. How could you talk to people with cans on. Plus itd still be a party. :lol:

- hire big villas and
25ez7g8.jpg
25ez7g8.jpg
25ez7g8.jpg

Agreed.

I'ts not like clubbing in ibiza is cheap!!

This is getting a little cheeky but what if space or one of the clubs made one of those noisless discos during the day. You know the ones where everybody has headphones and you can choose between 2 dj's playing live sets. Could this work???

My idea isn´t parties like that!!! I´m just wondering how they can close a club that plays music during the day, but not for example a shop that plays music inside.... they must have straight laws to follow to close clubs like space, cause i think they can afford some good lawyers! But isn´t Space really a shop!! they sell food don,t they.... Just a little moore room to dance then in a regular shop..:lol:
My point is most laws can be a little bend on, and then walked around...
You just have to know how to do it!!!

what´s wrong with that ?
the consell said that "afterhour-clubbers" are "low quality" tourists
and they want to get rid of them !

- hire big villas and
25ez7g8.jpg
25ez7g8.jpg
25ez7g8.jpg

pull the other one! he's got it all pete tong. what percentage of dc10's punters has ever even seen a private jet let alone arrived in one?

what is happening in ibiza at the moment is
a. politicians needing to be seen by the public as working for them and not rich businessmen on the island
b. politicians trying to change the image of the island from a 24 hour clubbing nightmare (or dream depending on your age, musical and recreational drug affinity)

pull the other one! he's got it all pete tong. what percentage of dc10's punters has ever even seen a private jet let alone arrived in one?

Sean John, aka P Diddy, aka Diddy, aka Puff Daddy, aka Puff I could go on - but you get the drift....... ;)

But all these people who have the private jet etc etc, I dont believe that they really put any money back into the economy of Ibiza because the clubs fall over these people to make them welcome so they can say "oh xxxx was at DC10/Pacha etc etc" and the really really rich punters most likely get the clubbing experience free of charge for themselves and their entourage..... whilst the low level tourists like ourselves, pay for admission, drinks, taxi's etc etc..... its mad I tell thee, mad!!!

it all boils down to the probable fact that the few people who will be affected by a couple of clubs not being able to open before 4.30 are not wealthy high rollers and that tong (and morillo et al) has a vested interest in his workplaces remaining open..........as mandy rice-davis once famously said ' he would say that, wouldn't he?'

it all boils down to the probable fact that the few people who will be affected by a couple of clubs not being able to open before 4.30 are not wealthy high rollers and that tong (and morillo et al) has a vested interest in his workplaces remaining open..........as mandy rice-davis once famously said ' he would say that, wouldn't he?'

There is no doubt that We Love and the ability for daytime clubbing. I am sure there will be quite many surprised people there this year when they find out that it doesn’t open until 4:30pm.
While I agree with Stephen when it comes the afterparties won’t affect too many, I can’t see how you can say the regulations won’t affect too many people. For a lot of people the value of WLS, will be reduced, and that’s not because they come directly from parties Saturdays night.

I haven’t managed to last until an afterparty for years so don’t care too much about that. But, one of the main attractors for me and many others has always being space terrace on a sunny Sunday. Not from 8am but to get some good hours there in the afternoon hours.

... the island ... a 24 hour clubbing nightmare ...
yes yes - everbody (clubbers, workers, locals ...) is fed up with all these
3.647.489-afterhoursclubs-open-365-days/year-24 hours/day :lol:

you can joke icey but, i was at the ferry terminal on friday and there were a group of americans there who obviously had believed the hype about ibiza and thought they were landing at party central. they were trying to book tickets off the island as soon as possible.

... a group of americans there who obviously had believed the hype about ibiza
and thought they were landing at party central.
they were trying to book tickets off the island as soon as possible.
amazing that in times of deteriorating economy in the states
(even las vegas started laying off workers because economy is slowing down,
high gasoline-prices/flight-prices - 3 airlines shutting down in one week - etc)
these guys came all the way around the globe attracted by ibiza´s worlwide reputation
(amongst other things) as clubbing capital.

one more matchpoint FOR the clubs !

and do you think that if they had arrived in august to find that dc10 didn't open until 4.30 that they would be leaving the island so quickly? i don't think so. the effect of the revised opening hours on clubbers who want to come to ibiza will be minimal, i can't quantify the effect on the rest of potential visitors - but i can say that it won't drive numbers down.

ps. the yanks hadn't come all the way just to visit ibiza. they were on a european tour and just called through here.

... clubs not being able to open before 4.30 ...
that tong (and morillo et al) has a vested interest
in his workplaces remaining open ...
since when are tong, morillo, etc playing "afters" in ibiza ?
tong will be at eden, morillo (predominantly) at pacha ...
so they have NO "vested interest in (their) workplaces staying open,
just because of he fact that their workplaces are not affected at all
(maybe one or two hours in the morning, if pacha really should close at 6am).

quite the contrary !
the less people can go to clubs during day,
the more time/money/etc they will spent at the NIGHTclubs !

and do you think that if they had arrived in august
to find that dc10 didn't open until 4.30
that they would be leaving the island so quickly? i don't think so.
yes - they stay.
but maybe they won´t come back in 2009 ?!
the effect of the revised opening hours on clubbers
who want to come to ibiza will be minimal,
i can't quantify the effect on the rest of potential visitors -
but i can say that it won't drive numbers down.
maybe.
but there are many people out there who don´t go (anymore) to the clubs,
but they are attracted to the thought that they COULD go whenever they wanted too
- even if they finally don´t go at all.
it´s like the redlightdistrict f.e. in hamburg (st pauli/reeperbahn).
many tourists and even people living there don´t go there,
but they like the thought that they would have the choice to do it :)
ps. the yanks hadn't come all the way just to visit ibiza.
they were on a european tour and just called through here.
ok - but maybe next time ibiza is deleted from their euopean tour ?!

i am talking of clubbing in general as i have no frigging idea when where or how those two gentlemen and others ply their trade. in fact i have as much idea of who they are and what they do as they have of ibicenco politics and demographics.

maybe.
but there are many people out there who don´t go (anymore) to the clubs,
but they are attracted to the thought that they COULD go whenever they wanted too
- even if they finally don´t go at all.
quote]

are you seriously saying that people come to ibiza because there are lots of clubs here and then they don't visit them?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back