first season without after hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
... the effect of the revised opening hours on clubbers
who want to come to ibiza will be minimal ...
but i can say that it won't drive numbers down.
then i don´t understand why bmw isn´t closing down rolls-royce ??
rolls-royce´s numbers are minimal too ... :lol:

are you seriously saying that people come to ibiza
because there are lots of clubs here and then they don't visit them?????
f.e. people who spent a lot of money for their holidays at places like robinson-club or
club mediteranee´ LOVE TO HAVE THE CHOICE to do a lot of different sports/
eat at a lot of different buffets/restaurants etc. -
what they finally do or don´t do is a different ball game :)

f.e. people who spent a lot of money for their holidays at places like robinson-club or
club mediteranee´ LOVE TO HAVE THE CHOICE to do a lot of different sports/
eat at a lot of different buffets/restaurants etc. -
what they finally do or don´t do is a different ball game :)

I would say that there are quite a few people that come to go clubbing only once or twice during their stay. They still want the option even if they aren't using it all the time.....

What month did these americans visit in? If it were now then they probably had a ****ty time seeing its off season.Im American heading over in June and is looking forward to the fun.Thats why i go to party and have a good time.I wanna drink when i wanna, shop when i wanna ,and club at night.My only problem was the shutting down of music during the day at small beach bars and regular bars.That will suck.Most americans come to Ibiza to party and let loose all around, not to site see.If we wanna site see then we go to paris,london,Rome etc.

If it were just beautiful beaches we wanted then we go to the carribean with better beaches than ibiza and spend half the money!WE WANNA PARTY DAMNIT!

Last edited by a moderator:
How strict are the authorities going to be about the 6am closing time?

It seems strange that Ibiza now has more draconian laws governing where and when people are allowed to dance than anywhere else in Europe.

That will suck.Most americans come to Ibiza to party and let loose all around, not to site see.If we wanna site see then we go to paris,london,Rome etc.

If it were just beautiful beaches we wanted then we go to the carribean with better beaches than ibiza and spend half the money!WE WANNA PARTY DAMNIT!

sorry to burst your bubble but you are in the minority

ps. i wasnt aware the carribean had 110 beaches within 25km of each other

the majority of people who come here don't wanna party

sorry to burst your bubble but you are in the minority

ps. i wasnt aware the carribean had 110 beaches within 25km of each other

the majority of people who come here don't wanna party

So your telling me that myself and anyone i ever talk to about ibiza here in the states does not want to go to ibiza to experience the club life most would dream of.Then your wrong!

The caribean hosts numerous islands ,Bahamas,Aruba,ST Lucia etc not to mention we could go to mexico for beaches as well.And it costs hella cheaper.Its not about just the Beach.
These Americans you know are the minority or there older americans who can afford to travel just to visit the med.For the rest of us young poeple we want the wild nightlife along with the beaches and all day party vibe with the best music available even in the day.Dont twist it up!

We dont have the type of clubbing or party vibe here in the states as lets say london or ibiza or where ever granted the acception of some cities thru out america.So we pay the big bucks to cross the seas to do this.

I think Scribs has a point - why travel 1000's of miles when you could see just as nice places within half the distance and half the price? yep it's all about the clubbing, that's the difference. Clubbing does attract alot of ppl from around the world who maybe don't party for 3 days on but enjoy the clubs - maybe this will change if more restrictions are put in place :x

So your telling me that myself and anyone i ever talk to about ibiza here in the states does not want to go to ibiza to experience the club life most would dream of.Then your wrong!

where did i say that ?

i said you are in the minority of people who actually come here every year

you said yourself you want to club at night - which won't be affected

For the rest of us young poeple we want the wild nightlife along with the beaches and all day party vibe

the problem is that the island is sick of everyone having just that attitude of what the island is

My only problem was the shutting down of music during the day at small beach bars and regular bars

we are talking about the difference between bora bora which has been taunting san jose for the past 10 years and the hundreds of other beach bars which manage to not put themselves on the radar...

we are talking about the difference between bora bora which has been taunting san jose for the past 10 years and the hundreds of other beach bars which manage to not put themselves on the radar...[/quote]

So there will be beach bars open during the day or not?Put bora bora to the side.I like to drink during the day as well if the option is available and not just limit my party time to night.

Ibiza gained this reputation over countless yrs thats why we chose to go there.So of course we will feel raked if we are not able to do what poeple have been doing for yrs and yrs.This is why we go.And give all our money to your island.

The caribean hosts numerous islands ,Bahamas,Aruba,ST Lucia etc not to mention we could go to mexico for beaches as well.And it costs hella cheaper.Its not about just the Beach.
These Americans you know are the minority or there older americans who can afford to travel just to visit the med.For the rest of us young poeple we want the wild nightlife along with the beaches and all day party vibe with the best music available even in the day.Dont twist it up!

We dont have the type of clubbing or party vibe here in the states as lets say london or ibiza or where ever granted the acception of some cities thru out america.So we pay the big bucks to cross the seas to do this.

maybe,but i'm sorry,i don't think americans tourists are a preocupation for the ibicencos...they think more about spanish families and golfers now...

they think more about spanish families and golfers now...

and we get thousands of golfers here..... not.... (roca lisa golf course has no interest in attracting golfers)

beach bars will be closed in the same way you wont be able to buy a beer anywhere on the island (other than san an) before 4.30pm.... ;)

and we get thousands of golfers here..... not.... (roca lisa golf course has no interest in attracting golfers)

beach bars will be closed in the same way you wont be able to buy a beer anywhere on the island (other than san an) before 4.30pm.... ;)

So what exactly are the politics trying to achieve in passing these new laws since you live there?Stopping tourists from drinking before 4:30 pm doesnt do much but lessin the economy for your island in the future.The place will be deserted ten yrs from now.Is this what the spanish families really want for the future or is not about money and jobs that your after.

That being said ill be in SAN AN so this wont effect me i take it.If this is true then you ansewered my question.

So what exactly are the politics trying to achieve in passing these new laws since you live there?Stopping tourists from drinking before 4:30 pm doesnt do much but lessin the economy for your island in the future.The place will be deserted ten yrs from now.Is this what the spanish families really want for the future or is not about money and jobs that your after.

dou you know how many % of ibiza tourists do the clubbers represent?20.....

I think the drinking statement was a joke. Just music before 4.30pm - my boss is going over in May and he hates dance music and if he couldnt get a relaxing beer he would ebe most dissapointed. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

dou you know how many % of ibiza tourists do the clubbers represent?20.....

If you asked me 20 % is alot.If im not mistaken the summer months on ibiza are a main source of income.Am i wrong? Take the rest of the yr ive heard its a ghost town.You possibly cant be pulling in big sums of moolah during these months.And are you comparing that 20% of three months compared to the other 9 months?

So if San An laws allows music before 4:30 do you think it will become more crowded in San An this yr.What do you predict?

Im just on this forum to get advise from poeple like you so we know what to expect this yr.Being sarcastic doesnt do anything but mis inform poeple who are going on vacation there.Majority of us just wanna know whats going on.

If you asked me 20 % is alot.If im not mistaken the summer months on ibiza are a main source of income.Am i wrong? Take the rest of the yr ive heard its a ghost town.You possibly cant be pulling in big sums of moolah during these months.And are you comparing that 20% of three months compared to the other 9 months?

So if San An laws allows music before 4:30 do you think it will become more crowded in San An this yr.What do you predict?

quite frankly i dont think it will make much of a difference - although never underestimate the stupidty & gullability of the tabloid reading public ;)

if anything with all the press thats starting to go on (the independant had a good article the other day) you'll probably see more "normal" tourists and the idiot caners who make up 95% of the bad press staying away

which is er.... what we all want ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back