first season without after hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I AM AN AMATEUR!! Been going to Ibiza for 14 years now, in more recent times when it has become easier to fly over for short periods YES I DO THE 3 DAY BENDER - and I am still going to this year - woo hoo!:D

I know myself & my crew spent 70k(dollars) last year in Ibiza between the villa, flights, food, renting sound equipment, etc. & in my opinion this law will make the streets & roads LESS safe.

If the hours are shorter or start later do you think people will get it all in during those hours?
NO ..they will spill onto the streets at 7am like zombies & try & drive back to their places of rest. if they make it home in one piece they will turn on their radios/system & really start disrupting the peace!

I never went to We Love or Dc-10 straight from one to the other. The % of people that do that are sooooo small. We ALWAYS went back ate/slept & went to the next party fresh. This notion that people are on 3 day benders are rediculous. Only AMATUERS do that in my opinion.

Unfortunately I feel the auto accidents will increase at least 25% this year directly because of this law.

your argument doesnt make any sense - the closing times arent any different this year

why on earth would having no after hours at dc10 or space this year make the roads less safe ?

question is will the clubs stick to the 6am closing this year, because lets face they certainly haven't been in previous years.

question is will the clubs stick to the 6am closing this year, because lets face they certainly haven't been in previous years.

they were, and always have been, getting fined for over-running and not closing "on time" - so nothing has changed - the argument is going to be whether its financially viable to overrun this year - and whether the guardi civil are going to be arsed going to 7 clubs every night at 7am for 3 months

movelalong.jpg

"move along - nothing to see here" ;)

haven't the fines gotten stupidly big now?
One things for sure I'll certainly miss the sunrises from the Space and Pacha terraces.

...question is will the clubs stick to the 6am closing this year,
because LETS FACE THEY CERTAINLY HAVEN´T BEEN IN THE PREVIOUS YEARS.
exactly !
so if somebody tries to talk you into believing "NOTHING HAS CHANGED"
tell him: bore off + move on !

ps:
which tourists/clubbers/etc gave a flying fxxx
if there was (in theory) such a 6am-closing-law in the previous years
and/or if the clubs had to pay fines for not obeying them -
when they weren´t affected at all ???

in practice (and at least till 2006) there was no 6am closing -
most clubs stayed open much longer ...

Well we will soon find out!! not long to go now! I'm sure some partys will go over and some will not - if the clubs ignore the ruling, next year might be even worse so if that's the case 6/7am is good enough.......... it will have to be ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
exactly !
so if somebody tries to talk you into believing "NOTHING HAS CHANGED"
tell him: bore off + move on !

ps:

I remember last year that 'we love Space' closed exactly at 6am, just like fiesta del aqua in es paradis, and these where just the only two we stayed that late.
So it is likely that the 6am closing law is indeed followed well.

what "theory" ?

the fact is that it was 6am and this year its 6am so doing some simple maths and basic logic "nothings changed" :)

what is "and/or if" ?

the clubs were regularly fined - like i said - and you could argue that clubbers have been affected - do you think the clubs and promoters haven't passed on the costs of their fines, that they are being nice generous fellows and absorbing them ??

they were, and always have been, getting fined for over-running and not closing "on time" - so nothing has changed - the argument is going to be whether its financially viable to overrun this year - and whether the guardi civil are going to be arsed going to 7 clubs every night at 7am for 3 months

''wanna go to DC10??''

''nah, lets play golf instead''

even if you live on the island and are a resident (spanish or otherwise) club de golf dont want you playing there... which is why golfers get a bit hacked off when they get tarred with this golf vs clubs issue...

so thats that argument out the window then ;)

All in jest l k.

Any confirmation on the DC10 opening times I originally posted about?

i know - but so many people have the wrong idea :)

dc10 have been opening at midnight for various monthly parties since nye - dc10 are in (i think) a precarious position - their licence only covers 70 od people (from memory) which everyone has known about from the year dot... but they just get fined and carry on - i'm not sure whether its changed but pacha for example only had a licensed capacity for 1500 at one point a few years ago

for the past 5 or so years (at least) the death of dc10 has been predicted - the thing is that it keeps going and adjusts to whatever san jose council changes - but if you continue to pi55 off people then sooner rather than later it'll come back to bite you on the ar5e - like life in general here

charlie chester and jo are no longer involved with dc10 for example

its not as if they get huge numbers down there anyway

miaow ;)

but i would suggest you actually read the article....

the article is about the construction company mab which did the airport road and how they had an alledged agreement with matutes to dump the unused soil on land so that it could then be used for the proposed golf course

the golf course was never approved....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back