first season without after hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably because of all the bitching/whining/moaning of the other municipalities
san antonio modified the openinghours so that only the "coffees-concert"
with a maximum capacity of 500 people are allowed to open before 16.30.
(www.diariodeibiza.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pRef=2008041800_2_238097__PitisesiBalears-Sant-Antoni-rectifica-impedira-abrir-hasta-1630-locales-personas-aforo)

does anybody know the maximum capacity of cafedelmar/mambo/savannah/etc ...
(www.spotlight-forums.com/showpost.php?p=1196310&postcount=394)
... ? ?

If DC10's is 60 people, i'd guess CDM is circa. 9 people :lol:

none of sunset strip will have a problem icey.

in this whole debate, sala was only ever really talking about the big clubs, but i suppose now with this 500 limit, it could also include some places in the west end.

If these laws will be enforced the only club I won't go to is Space.The idea and brilliance of Space are its day parties,I absolutely HATE SPACE AT NIGHT :evil:

:arrow: san antonio rectifies and will ban opening before 4.30pm to the venues with more than 500 people capacity
the permission to open from noon to venues with big capacity was seen by other administrations as an open door to afterhours

probably because of all the bitching/whining/moaning of the other municipalities
san antonio modified the openinghours so that only the "coffees-concert"
with a maximum capacity of 500 people are allowed to open before 16.30.
i reckon the change of plans has also something to do with the neighbourhood associations who publicly criticised san antonio town council [pilot replied to that letter today].....

Cheers Icebaer.

What does the itaca reply say? I wonder how many establishments in San An take advantage of the noon openeing 8)8)8)8)8) no doubt early party's will be shut down and result in 4.30pm opening next season the way things have gone :oops:

funspace.jpg

So can itaca/bar m etc not open before 4:30pm? Because if so that's F%^king stupid! how is one meant to get a drink while chilling on the beach?

So can itaca/bar m etc not open before 4:30pm? Because if so that's F%^king stupid! how is one meant to get a drink while chilling on the beach?

aaaah you've realised that every single bar on the island cannot now open until 4.30pm ?
oh, i'm 19 days late with this reply...

Its not about the other bars, What's a beach bar if it cant open until the beach goers are leaving......... think about it.

The issue is this for me...

Just like a night out...the core of any party is in the center of the dancefloor. Depending on the vibe those few lunatics let out ..that vibe WILL resonate throughout the rest of the club...

This goes the same for the whole Island. If the people that really bring their A game to the isle are turned off.. now I'm talking about the professionals ...not some lil jerk doing pills for the 4th time acting a fool & wearing his night out on his face. If those people are turned off the ripple effect will not stop. once something is beat...its beat!

I know myself & my crew spent 70k(dollars) last year in Ibiza between the villa, flights, food, renting sound equipment, etc. & in my opinion this law will make the streets & roads LESS safe.

If the hours are shorter or start later do you think people will get it all in during those hours?
NO ..they will spill onto the streets at 7am like zombies & try & drive back to their places of rest. if they make it home in one piece they will turn on their radios/system & really start disrupting the peace!

I never went to We Love or Dc-10 straight from one to the other. The % of people that do that are sooooo small. We ALWAYS went back ate/slept & went to the next party fresh. This notion that people are on 3 day benders are rediculous. Only AMATUERS do that in my opinion.

Unfortunately I feel the auto accidents will increase at least 25% this year directly because of this law.

Last edited by a moderator:
michaelangelo - if this new ruling prevents people with your attitude coming to ibiza, it will only be a good thing IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back