FAVOURITE DJS

Hearing Derrick May for the first time changed a lot of things for me, opened my ears to another world, so it's probably him. Hearing Kerri Chandler and Sasha play records has also been transformational.

imo most of the best DJs in the world are yanks who've been in the game a long time. I've seen Joe Claussell do things on turntables I didn't think it was humanly possible to do. I've said this before but he is the only DJ I want to actually watch because he is ridiculously entertaining (shoulders arched back, bandana firmly in place and eyes closed half the time!) and works a crowd so well, playing some druggy house one minute and then eq-ing some Stevie Wonder classic to destruction the next. Jerome Sydenham is pretty amazing too, when he bangs the system. Perhaps the best technical DJ in the UK is probably Jerome Hill. Unbelievable skills and a comprehensive knowledge of electro, hardcore and acid techno, even if it can get a bit nosebleed for my jaded old ears. Oscar Mulero is probably the best Spanish DJ although I really rate Marc Pinol at the moment too and another Barcelona-based guy called Dan Baughman. Taking it way back, (obv before my time) Ron Hardy was a master selector, showcasing so many European records to American audiences and I think his eclecticism rubbed off on Alfredo (nuff said..) The best 'laptop' DJ for me is Henrik Schwarz - proof you don't have to be an analogue master to bring that raw energy to a floor. Followed him closely for about 12 years. Beautiful, beguiling, techy, jazzy yet really uplifting music every time. The last DJ who really blew my mind was probably Paramida at the Niburu parties in East London a couple of years back. Just the trippiest journeys, she plays music I've never heard anywhere else. Looking fwd to checking out Tiago in Portugal in a few weeks time. He is ace and really mixes it up. I could go on all the night. Hard to pick one out. I couldn't care less about silly flavour of the month hype though, all bollox.

I miss joe Claussel in Paris as didnt find mates (not really in a mood anymore to go to a party on my own, even i used to do it a lot), & regret it afer seeing his boiler room in Paris ,

i just do agree with 1rst & last name as didn't heard the other but got mates keen on Talabot ps: i got a black tank top Enter Space ibiz XL on discount if some are in :D, i just bought it 22€ because i forgot my tanktop & was sweating like hell with a Tshirt :spank:

SLAM, Harri, Andy Weatherall, Jon Pleased Wimmin, Carl Cox

Difficult to choose a favorite, then again It's been a long long time since I was out clubbing.

Back