FAVOURITE DJS

with DFP you know what you're gonna get really - loads of shiny disco/house in the joey negro mould - a few good bits interspersed with lots of toilet breaks. Though I would take him over your Sinclars and Solveigs these days.

with DFP you know what you're gonna get really - loads of shiny disco/house in the joey negro mould - a few good bits interspersed with lots of toilet breaks. Though I would take him over your Sinclars and Solveigs these days.
whats your take on Wilson and his posse?

current fav for the discoey stuff is Move D, and heard some good sets by MCDE too

basically, show me a handbag, I'll dance round it

whats your take on Wilson and his posse?

seen him countless times. really lovely fella steeped in the history (man, does he like to write!) - when he first re-emerged from obscurity about 12 years back, I was really hooked on his music, loved the edits, and finding out about electro-funk and stuff but I think it did get a bit novelty. A lot of people just got a bit bored with the same schtik and he starting playing some real cheese. He'd be my number one choice for a wedding though and he's brilliant at a festival or any party where people just want a good time.

seen him countless times. really lovely fella steeped in the history (man, does he like to write!) - when he first re-emerged from obscurity about 12 years back, I was really hooked on his music, loved the edits, and finding out about electro-funk and stuff but I think it did get a bit novelty. A lot of people just got a bit bored with the same schtik and he starting playing some real cheese. He'd be my number one choice for a wedding though and he's brilliant at a festival or any party where people just want a good time.

Fair play. A lot of his mixes can just blend into one but he's like a Twix with a brew, you know what you're getting. He has led me nicely into the reedits scene over the past 4/5 years and that has in turn exposed me to a lot of older tracks that I otherwise would have overlooked. Plus, the re-edit community/djs love to share.

current fav for the discoey stuff is Move D, and heard some good sets by MCDE too

basically, show me a handbag, I'll dance round it

Move D plays a lot of stuff I really like - though prefer it when he goes deep.

i'd say about 3/4 of all the DJs I follow mix up disco and house in some way or other, although the disco I like is the druggier type rather than screaming divas

Back