Donald Trump....

I think the strangest thing is that some working class people think Trump and Farage are FOR them, and don't see them as part of the moneyed elite. Just wait until, post-Brexit, the Tories start hacking away at workers' rights - some folk are going to get a shock. Trump and Farage are only out for their own egos and to transfer as much power to themselves and their friends as they can.

No offence but not me, guys a bit of a nob but I never protested against Robert mugabee Vladimir putin bashar al assadd George w bush Saudi Prince amongst others who have visited with far worse track record. Our very own Tony Blair was far worse and hardly anyone pipes up about him with all the blood on his hands.
So although he’s not to everyone’s taste I think the majority of people who are protesting are right to protest but hypocritical none the less .
Obama’s deported more illegal immigrants than any other president before him but he doesn’t get much said about him. So in my eyes people need to be consistent and not jump on the bandwagon.
Cue backlash.
Exactly. Let the snowflakes carry on, not like hes brought peace on the korea peninsula or anything is it?

Last edited:
I quite like the Trump balloon. Will be cool if they get it to Scotland to fly over his golf course. :lol:

The balloon does seem to piss a lot of right wingers off, from Nigel Farage to people I actually know.
Is this the balloon sadiq khan approved of? I think people are pissed that hes not tackling knife crime in London and hes rather concentrating his efforts on a balloon.
Has he? We'll see...
Hes doing more good than people though he would. Where was the protest when Obama came to UK after his Libya debacle?

Last edited:
I've never said we can't criticise/protest other visits. What's unique about Trump is he offends so many different types of people on so many different levels, and also he is an alt right figurehead.

Trump's pals in the UK, none of them good. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...y-who-are-the-presidents-biggest-cheerleaders
There are more pressing things these protesters should be protesting about in this country for a start.

What about the new nhs hospital in birmingham that has been at a standstill since january since carillion collapsed?

Why waste time & energy on trumps visit. Hes came, hes still the president, and he will still piss people off. Deal with it . . .

It’s embarrassing to our country that Sadiq Khan has allowed this, when questioned by Piers Morgan he said he can’t be a censor. The same man who banned adverts with bikinis.

Is this the balloon sadiq khan approved of? I think people are pissed that hes not tackling knife crime in London and hes rather concentrating his efforts on a balloon.

Hes done more good than anybody else. Where was the protest when Obama came to UK after his Libya debacle?

If stuff arrives on his desk for him, as the Mayor of London, to consider for approval, I'm pretty sure he has to do it and not just go 'sorry, knife crime, no time for any of the other duties that are part of my job description'. Think "concentrating his efforts on a balloon" is a big ol' reach.

The improvements made between South Korea and North Korea are because of South Korea and North Korea. Trump came up with a stupid nickname for Kim, threatened 'fire and fury like the world has never seen' and made Kim look like the sane one. He got totally played.

And I remember an effigy of Bush in Trafalgar Square in huge protests against his warmongering. Obama was clearly denounced in massive Stop the War protests in 2014. It's not just Trump.

It’s embarrassing to our country that Sadiq Khan has allowed this, when questioned by Piers Morgan he said he can’t be a censor. The same man who banned adverts with bikinis.

He had an advert removed over complaints that it could contribute to body image issues. Bikinis and underwear are still allowed in adverts.

It took Khan a good few attempts at growing a pair of balls to face Morgan. Hes so weak

Well let the yanks deal with it. We have our own problems.

There have been protest marches against grooming gangs against mostly muslims (telford, rotherham, rochdale cases) across the country and this poem would be quite fitting

"I could of helped stop it, but I did not speak out".

But hardly ever gets mentioned. And when it does, its branded racist. You can't win, unless its a protest against the right.

There have been protest marches against grooming gangs against mostly muslims (telford, rotherham, rochdale cases) across the country and this poem would be quite fitting

But hardly ever gets mentioned. And when it does, its branded racist. You can't win, unless its a protest against the right.

The difference is that Trump is representative of a worrying shift to the far-right that is normalising racism, bigotry and intolerance using the same tactics of lying and duplicity that history has taught us doesn't end well. Meek acceptance of this just help their cause because it inches "normal" a little bit further right at a slow enough pace that by the time people wake up to it it might be too late.

What these people spout isn't just rhetoric, it ultimately ends up hurting real people who end up racially abused or being dragged off trains by the mob for speaking "foreign", or worse.

I for one think this needs to be fought tooth and nail and protests are one way decent people can stand up and show they won't accept it.

The difference is that Trump is representative of a worrying shift to the far-right that is normalising racism, bigotry and intolerance using the same tactics of lying and duplicity that history has taught us doesn't end well. Meek acceptance of this just help their cause because it inches "normal" a little bit further right at a slow enough pace that by the time people wake up to it it might be too late.

What these people spout isn't just rhetoric, it ultimately ends up hurting real people who end up racially abused or being dragged off trains by the mob for speaking "foreign", or worse.

I for one think this needs to be fought tooth and nail and protests are one way decent people can stand up and show they won't accept it.
We could go round in circles. There has been worse political people to have a UK visit and as I said I can't remember being much hype about those visits. Its the Trump bandwagon, hate him to be seem with the crowd.

I saw one sign just saying "trump is a wrong'un"

Yes all evidence is leading to him being a wrong'un what with him being a multi million $ businessman and president of one of the biggest nations in the world.

Meanwhile the clown who is holding up the sign is probabley sponging off the state himself. If times are really that hard, surley he'd be at work. I'm glad he can afford a day off. Its not even constructive is it?

As if only Muslims abuse kids... Trust me, it does these people a favour if their protests aren't mentioned - because they look more than a little bit knuckle-dragging and racist.

Anyway, this isn't exactly true, as the Tommy Robinson stuff got a fair bit of coverage - his followers have still to work out that his locking up had nothing to do with freedom of speech.

Last edited:
As if only Muslims abuse kids... Trust me, it does these people a favour if their protests aren't mentioned - because they look more than a little bit knuckle-dragging and racist.

Anyway, this isn't exactly true, as the Tommy Robinson stuff got a fair bit of coverage - his followers have still to work out that his locking up had nothing to do with freedom of speech.
I said mostly muslims. Not all. But there is no denying that the grooming gangs that have been found out are muslim no?

I said mostly muslims. Not all. But there is no denying that the grooming gangs that have been found out are muslim no?

Yes, there are muslim grooming gangs. I'm not sure what your point is beyond this. Anyway, Tommy Robinson and the alt right want to see perps brought to justice so much that they were prepared to jeopardise a trial... Hmm. I think this is more about them being allowed to be racist than having any real interest in child welfare.

Back