Cream Ibiza moving to Hï

can we deduce that the split from Amnesia wasnt exactly amicable? I remeber when Cocoon left there were posts from both parties at about the same time wishing each other well. In this case radio silence which is quite sad givent he history

Not strictly true. This is an excerpt from the PR:

Commenting on the move a Cream spokesperson said: “We’ve had 22 amazing years at Amnesia and would like to thank them and everyone involved during that time who have helped to create one of the best and longest running club nights on the island.

But I agree, that tone sounds more corporate than a sincere gesture, unlike the Cocoon statements.

Not strictly true. This is an excerpt from the PR:

Commenting on the move a Cream spokesperson said: “We’ve had 22 amazing years at Amnesia and would like to thank them and everyone involved during that time who have helped to create one of the best and longest running club nights on the island.

But I agree, that tone sounds more corporate than a sincere gesture, unlike the Cocoon statements.
Yep, I saw that but nothing from amnesia? It’s been an institution after all. But things change I guess. As someone said Thursday’s won’t be quite the same - not that I was a cream man myself

I have a feeling it might work very well at Hi, with not just the British crowd but also pull the Italian / Spanish crowds that fill PDB week in week out.Something for a good few years they hadn’t been doing (like they used too)

Cream at Hi resident? Sash? This one https://www.facebook.com/sashmusic?

Or was that a typo.. and Sasha is on with progressive house in one room??

Imagine Sasha will be at Resistance at Privi this season again.
I still think main room will be the big names from previous years that were in the terrace, with Trance in one of the other rooms at Hi.

Maybe the big'uns like PVD will also be main room.

Imagine Sasha will be at Resistance at Privi this season again.
I still think main room will be the big names from previous years that were in the terrace, with Trance in one of the other rooms at Hi.

Maybe the big'uns like PVD will also be main room.

as I said a few days ago, I wouldn't bank on a lot of trance. it's possible I'm wrong, but if you're a trance fan I'd wait for the line ups before making plans.

I personally see trance the same as the whole retro scene, it was good in its day but best left to then and let's embrace fresh and relevant music. Ok with the occasional classic chucked in, but harking back to a sound of old does not keep things moving.

Its like all these people who still class Sasha as their favourite DJ because of an Essential Mix they heard from him back in 1995. Half of them would be hugely disappointed if they went to see him play these days because they haven't embraced change.

I personally see trance the same as the whole retro scene, it was good in its day but best left to then and let's embrace fresh and relevant music. Ok with the occasional classic chucked in, but harking back to a sound of old does not keep things moving.

Its like all these people who still class Sasha as their favourite DJ because of an Essential Mix they heard from him back in 1995. Half of them would be hugely disappointed if they went to see him play these days because they haven't embraced change.
I don’t think you can compare an entire genre with a dj. Sasha has evolved and endured, that’s quite an achievement.

Trance went off in two or three different directions after dominating the dance music landscape for a long time. Personally I don’t think trouse and the edm trance directions have a lot to do with trance at all. But, it has become known as trance. And these are sounds that have been embraced by big names of the trance scene that evolved. I don’t like it but no one can say they didn’t evolve.

Reality is there is still plenty of trance music that is hypnotic and largely based on the original sound out there. Djs and producers like barone, mundi, estiva, o’glue, joc, Templar, Fleming, philthy chit, rolo green and loads more are very current and far from retro. In fact a lot of it is close to the original progressive house sound. There are plenty of techno djs playing hypnotic trancey tunes now too, but most would never admit to that, nor would a lot of techno heads (like me).

I agree, harking back to the past as a default position isn’t a good place for anyone or any scene to be in. But it can still be enjoyed and missed. When it comes to dance music (and music in general) most people end up stuck in one era and that is the era of their youth.

Anyway, Sasha’s best mix was in 95 but from up yer ronson in Leeds! :) A great night!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen on fb that people approaching Cream for summer jobs are being redirected straight to Hï.
Not sure if that's the norm? But is there a possibility that Hï have just paid a licensing fee to use the Cream brand, and they won't have too much of a hands on role??

Back