Champions League Semi-Final

No he was not, watch the game again.

actually forget about it i really couldn't care to debate about this anymore.

from UEFA's match centre.

RONALDO
Goals - 0
Total Shots -1
On Target - 0
Blocked Shots - 0
OFF Target - 1

MESSI
Goals - 0
Total Shots -3
on Target - 1
Blocked Shots - 1
OFF Target - 1

of course UEFA's stats people obviously got it wrong!

In a strange twist of fate, I actually wouldn't mind Chelsea winning the thing now, if only to see the Chelsea turncoat glory brigade do yet another 180 on Avram Grant!

Agree - the only thing I have been able to abide about Chelsea this year is the relative dignity of Grant with all the sh1t flying at him, would be interesting to see the board/fans have to perform a pirouette when he becomes a leg end.

Hopefully this will not happen in Europe of course.

Agree - the only thing I have been able to abide about Chelsea this year is the relative dignity of Grant with all the sh1t flying at him, would be interesting to see the board/fans have to perform a pirouette when he becomes a leg end.

Hopefully this will not happen in Europe of course.

i hope he wins the CL and walks with his head held up high.

we all know as soon as he even so much as draws a game within the first 6 games next season, he'll be under pressure again.

i hope he wins the CL and walks with his head held up high.

we all know as soon as he even so much as draws a game within the first 6 games next season, he'll be under pressure again.

Win, lose or draw he's gone!!! In my opinion.

I don't think that even if he does win it that it would be down to him anyway.

The players there have the ability to win it with even members of this board in charge! ;) (well maybe not all of them!)

Didn't Del Bosque (not to be confused with Del Boy) win it with Real Madrid then get the Spanish Archer after??

Interesting views. I agree with some not so with others.

About last night's game, I agree we lacked cutting edge. Etoo is so far of his best it's depressing, but I don't want to crucify him because he has missed most of the season because of injuries.

I think the united goal came against the run of play and put the game exactly where United wanted it. Same as Scholes shot flew in the top corner, Deco's missed two similar chances. these games are decided by small margins. And the fact Barca took a great side like United so far shows that we're not far off being a winning team again.

Barca looked weak & a dysfunctional team - like the end of the glactico era at Real. Arsenal reacue Henry & surely lots of these players deco et al could be nicked at a half decent price now.

Or am I exaggerating things, they are of course still second in the league.

What money Sven at Barca? Yes/No - what think Ferd?!

I keep hearing this comparison with the Galacticos, but there is a significant difference. All the Galacticos were 30+ :Zidane, Figo, Beckham, Raul, Ronaldo.

From Barca's starting midfield and forwards only Deco who's 30 in that category. Messi, Iniesta, Bojan, Xavi, Etoo, Toure are all in their early 20's.

I just think we need a new manager with fresh ideas and a strong hand. Rijkaard lost control of the dressing room 2 years ago, plus his lack of ambition to change a 4-3-3 formation ended up making us too predictable.

God i hate football now, just want Euro 2008 to start asap :p

(as for tonight.. Vamosss Torres!!!! ;) )

Win, lose or draw he's gone!!! In my opinion.

I don't think that even if he does win it that it would be down to him anyway.

The players there have the ability to win it with even members of this board in charge! ;) (well maybe not all of them!)

Didn't Del Bosque (not to be confused with Del Boy) win it with Real Madrid then get the Spanish Archer after??

yes indeed. seems to be all the rage at the moment at "big clubs".

win at all costs.

i think Fergie and Wenger will be the last of the 10yr+ brigade at the so-called big clubs.

from UEFA's match centre.

RONALDO
Goals - 0
Total Shots -1
On Target - 0
Blocked Shots - 0
OFF Target - 1

MESSI
Goals - 0
Total Shots -3
on Target - 1
Blocked Shots - 1
OFF Target - 1

of course UEFA's stats people obviously got it wrong!

some more in depth ratings might have been a better thing to post like these.

Ronaldo: 7 - Did not put in the sparkling, Ballon d'Or-winning performance everyone was looking for, but up front he was never going to be in the game as much as he usually is. His movement on and off the ball made him an absolute handful for Barcelona, all he was missing was a key goal or assist to make the headlines. Played for his team nonetheless, and had a huge part to play in the only goal of the tie.
http://www.goal.com/en-india/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=677614

Cristiano Ronaldo: Could have been lost had he kept up his ill-suited line-leading duties from the first leg but was his team's leader in the final third. A mature performance lacking in its usual Hollywood finish but effective nonetheless. 8

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...TER--UNITED&RH=Manchester--United&PREV_SEASON=

doesn't sound like a "poo" performance to me, enough said.

Jonny - Face it. Ronaldo was useless last night. Tevez, by contrast, was all over the place battling for the team! Messi was superb by comparison.

Dan, JJ, et.al. - I know!!! I've been frustrated with Grant beyond belief at times, but when I've calmed down and thought about it, he's done a good job overall. Only undefeated team in the league in 2008! Semi-finals of the Champions League! And one West Ham season-best performance away from the title!

And he's done it with dignity. I believe part of the backlash against him is that he just lacks Jose's charisma, although I welcome the fact that he makes fewer headlines for off-the-pitch antics than his predecessor. I think the press has taken a huge roll as well - the chauvinistic belief that a top coach from a small footballing country can't possibly have what it takes to coach in a major football league - that's colored their coverage from the start and thus influenced public opinion...

But we've discussed this before, I think. Results speak volumes. We win, I think he stays.

Anyway, I've just had my cheeseburger :D :D :D
Now heading back down to the bar to calm my nerves with a few pints!!! :twisted:

GO BLUES!!

Jonny - Face it. Ronaldo was useless last night. Tevez, by contrast, was all over the place battling for the team! Messi was superb by comparison.

Dan, JJ, et.al. - I know!!! I've been frustrated with Grant beyond belief at times, but when I've calmed down and thought about it, he's done a good job overall. Only undefeated team in the league in 2008! Semi-finals of the Champions League! And one West Ham season-best performance away from the title!

And he's done it with dignity. I believe part of the backlash against him is that he just lacks Jose's charisma, although I welcome the fact that he makes fewer headlines for off-the-pitch antics than his predecessor. I think the press has taken a huge roll as well - the chauvinistic belief that a top coach from a small footballing country can't possibly have what it takes to coach in a major football league - that's colored their coverage from the start and thus influenced public opinion...

But we've discussed this before, I think. Results speak volumes. We win, I think he stays.

Now heading back down to the bar to calm my nerves with a few pints!!! :twisted:

GO BLUES!!

u about over the weekend Jonbob?

GO BLUES!!

good Luck johnny, and Grego!!

may the best team win ;)

Well,well,well... So many talking points.

Firstly well done to Chelsea. Like the other semi.. its a very fine line between going through and getting knocked out.

Both teams deserved it.

Haha, so much for Mourinho.. Grant has done more in 8 months than he did in 3 years!

In my opinion, essien goal was correctly disallowed, and that WAS a penalty on Hypia

watch the game again, and seriously come back to me and try and say he was "poo" seriously man.:eek:

He was poo.

And I'm not just saying that because of who he is, who he plays for, to wind you up, etc...

Anyway, after the tedium of last night, tonight's game was most enjoyable. Just hope Chelsea go on to win it.

Back