Champions League Semi-Final

As a united fan I was very disappointed with the performance, lacked lust, passion and good football, we should have lost 3 or 4 nil but due to Barca's poor shooting we got out of jail.......it'll be different at OT but we need to play like a team that want to win it as Barca can and will more than likely score at OT.

Hopefully we'll be different at the weekend. If we seal the title at the bridge I think we'll be more relaxed for the return leg of Barca, its going to be a big week.....make or break!!!

Thank you, at least some united fans can be objective ;)

Before the game I said the chances were 60-40 in United's favour, after this it's about 55-45. Our odds have actually shortened a bit to go through after the game.

We've been lacking goals the last few months, drawn 0-0 the last 3 home games now. We'll need to be more incisive at Old Trafford.
The truth is before the game Barcelona was very scared of United. People really thought they could even settle the tie in the first leg. Hopefully yesterday will go a long way to give some much needed confidence to the team.

Can't wait for tuesday

European football seems to be all about keeping a clean sheet at home now

0-0 at home is now a good result
such is the power of the away goal

it must frustrate you tho, over 15 years or so off competing in the competition, that fergie's tactical ineptitude means you never get anywhere.

i love barsa, but you could've tore them apart at the back last night if the team had been more assertive. the whole balance of having tevez, ronaldo, park, rooney just didn't work. hence the reason why he never plays all 4 like that in the prem. should have played anderson or giggs instead of tevez/park and let rooney get forward.

yep, it sure does, we were just to flat last night, it didn't look right on the team sheet and looked even worse in action!!!!

Ferd - We are in short supply but I'm an honest fan not a disillusioned one.

That game was very strange! Utd, with the exception of Scholes were poor, and Barca for all that pocession, did very little with it!! Suprised Fergie didn't change it earlier, Carrick was rotten, should have put Anderson on for him!
Will be interesting to see how they respond on Saturday! Surely Chelski will be in better spirits!

Will be interesting to see how they respond on Saturday! Surely Chelski will be in better spirits!
24 Hours from now I'll be eating my traditional (or dare I say, superstitious?) pre-match cheeseburger on Fulham Rd :D
Come on you Blues!

(I'm at once excited and immensely nervous! The whole season comes down to this week!)

24 Hours from now I'll be eating my traditional (or dare I say, superstitious?) pre-match cheeseburger on Fulham Rd :D
Come on you Blues!

(I'm at once excited and immensely nervous! The whole season comes down to this week!)

there's nowt traditional about the food at the bridge son!!

if you want traditional, try the atlas just off brompton road!! ;)

there's nowt traditional about the food at the bridge son!!

if you want traditional, try the atlas just off brompton road!! ;)
You don't understand, sir.

There are some people that open a stand on matchday right outside La Reserve hotel on Fulham Rd (between the 2 stadium grounds gates). If you get your cheeseburger early (i.e. before they've been sitting on the grill for a while) they are ace.

Don't think we've lost a match when I've had my burger :!:

You don't understand, sir.

There are some people that open a stand on matchday right outside La Reserve hotel on Fulham Rd (between the 2 stadium grounds gates). If you get your cheeseburger early (i.e. before they've been sitting on the grill for a while) they are ace.

Don't think we've lost a match when I've had my burger :!:

What time do you land?

I did get what you meant mate, I was just pulling your leg!!

I remember having my first ever bratwurst with my dad outside wembley in 1981 before the city - spurs final.............the cold, stale pies at maine road were never the same after that!!!

we all have our little pre match rituals, one year we were on a particularly good run, which was clearly down to which programme seller i used, which urinal I peed in and which bar I drank at rather than Peter Reids coaching skills & team selection!!!

I am clearly of the belief that our rituals initiate a sequence of events that subsequently result in a pre-determined outcome! :lol:

Phil - 3 hours before kickoff... hope the traffic's not bad!

Gutted.

Well done United. Very evenly matched tie. Thought the quality of the game was excellent.

I knew our lack of goals recently would cost us :( Etoo hasnt been the same since he's returned from injury.

Thought Tevez ran his heart out for United.

I'm going to be biased, but I think even though we lost, Messi proved he's the best player in the world.

Gutted.

Well done United. Very evenly matched tie. Thought the quality of the game was excellent.

I knew our lack of goals recently would cost us :( Etoo hasnt been the same since he's returned from injury.

Thought Tevez ran his heart out for United.

I'm going to be biased, but I think even though we lost, Messi proved he's the best player in the world.

fair play ferd a true sportsman and noble in defeat, but there's not a chance Messi is an all round better player than Ronaldo not a chance Ronaldo is a superstar.

Great game this evening,i thought United were immense especially in defence, Wes Brown was fantastic, and what a goal by Paul Scholes, if anyone deserves a winning medal it's Scholesy a true footballing legend, Barcelona in fairness made a great game of it and Messi amongst others was outstanding but overall United deserved to win and they will go on and win the Champions League Final now, congrats Man United.:)

Good game, Manu derserved it, imo! Tevez, Evra, Brown, Park, Ferdinand were all excellent!
Ferd, tough luck man, Messi did look dangerous!!

Wes Brown, massive massive game - as did Tevez. Again, and sorry to focus on the negatives, but Ronaldo was inneffective where as Messi was superb. Presumably Messi is died in the wool Barca - otherwise surely there would be rumours of other teams coming in for him given what is happening around him?

Barca looked weak & a dysfunctional team - like the end of the glactico era at Real. Arsenal reacue Henry & surely lots of these players deco et al could be nicked at a half decent price now.

Or am I exaggerating things, they are of course still second in the league.

What money Sven at Barca? Yes/No - what think Ferd?!

Must admit I'm a happy man as we got out of jail last week at camp nou.

I thought we played alot better last night, defended well and actually looked like we want to win the game :lol::lol:.

Long over due goal from Scholes, the man is a true great of the english game altho he still can't tackle for toffee.

Unlikey to Barca as they are a great side, passing, movement, control and creativity but lacking the vital end product!!!

Looking forward to the final, unlike some united fans i've spoken to and heard on the radio, I do care who we get in the final, Liverpool all the way for me as I do feel we are a far superior side and a neutral ground will suit us better than them......plus if its chelsea I don't think we would win :lol::lol::lol:!

I doth my cap to all he "proper" man u fans on here!! (you know who you are) ;)

well done!! An english club guaranteed as champions of europe!!!!

pity this can't be said for the national team!!

anyway onto the final.

you must want Liverpool as you always tend to beat them, whereas Chelsea are a bit of bogey team of late??

Fair play to Man U. They defended extremely well last night.

I'll admit I was rooting for Barca... not into this all England final idea... and i'm quite frightened of the prospect of 60000 of you Brits arriving in Moscow :lol:

Barca do seem to lack that cutting edge, despite Messi's mastery and their slick passing. Load up the box with defenders and they've got nowhere to go. I think they only resorted to sending balls into the box in the last 5 minutes.

So the big game is tonight
Gotta go get my cheeseburger :twisted:

Back