Champions League Semi-Final

Shíte Chelsea. No way a foul on Makelele, although answers on a postcard for what the hell he was trying. Makelele in general was awful, embarassment to his club, his previous reputation, shoulda given up last season. Chelsea were awful, no desire, no cutting edge, which Liverpool showed slightly, mainly with Gerrard as Torres was off form. No one played well but Liverpool 1 - 0 woulda been fair. Drogba has already got his ticket booked to go somewhere else hasn't he ? Hates Chelsea, can't be arse. Kalou shíte, Malouda shíte, Terry dirty scumbag. Torres missed a few good chances, Benayoun when he came on was utter ****. Riisse, what are you doing ? Volley away, Anelka couldn't even be arsed to challenge. Hate Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal now, Man U are the only team that represent the country and play football how it should be played.

As for positives... Gerrard was alright.

Thought Liverpool had the better of the game over the 90 minutes.
Tie is still finely balanced though.

absolute crap performances from both IMO
terrible advert for English football

i noted as well that Makelele got the brunt of the blame for the goal by the commentators

conveniently glossing over Lampards ludicrous play on the edge of his own box

so you have

Goal 1

stupid poncing on the edge of the box
mis-hit cross turns into a lob
defending player fairies into a clearance
keeper leaves a gap the size of the channel to shoot under

Goal 2

winger gets cross in despite being practically in the first row of the stand
defending player decides that rather than blast it into row Z
he'll head a ball thats almost under the ground into his own net

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
pure comedy

Aaaarrrrite rissseeee lad you divvy look what've done :lol::lol::lol:

scousers.jpg

Not a great geame for the neutral but oh how i laughed at the end :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Liverpool will struggle at the bridge.

Looking forward to tonights game, I think we are going to have to be on fire but we can come away with a win but I think a draw will be enough to take them back to OT and get the result.

For the sake of good football I pray Chelsea don't make the final. The tactic of lump it over the top to Drogba has been done long ago by Dave Bassett, Bobby Gould and Joe Kinnear!
Why does Drogba need to roll around like he has been shot too?
Chelsea started brightly and had a little spell in second half but Liverpool should've put the tie beyond doubt. I don't recall Reina making a save!
Terry showed his true class last night and also Lampard! They are good premiership players nothing more and certainly shouldn't be any England squads if everyone else is fit.
I think Riise has booked his ticket out of Anfield after his bullet header too!
Roll on tonight but could be a big let down!

ps - HAPPY ST GEORGE'S DAY!

The tactic of lump it over the top to Drogba has been done long ago by Dave Bassett, Bobby Gould and Joe Kinnear!
We always get that complaint but the reality is Chelsea (this season) usually resort to long ball only when we can't move it on the ground. Liverpool were playing with 2 holding midfielders and had Babel and Kuyt keeping our fullbacks pinned in their own half. Didn't leave us a lot of options.

Statistically, Liverpool are much more of a long ball team. The Russian commentator last night pointed out that something like 25% of all Liverpool passes vs Chelsea are over 40 yards :!: They did it again last night.... Alonso and Mascherano just hoofed it up to the wingers.

the game wasn't as one sided as a lot of you are making out, yes liverpool shaded it on the night, but chelsea had 2 clear chances apart from the goal, and when torres was denied by cech at the death, you had a feeling that chelsea would go up the other end and grab something.

well tonight for one night only (and next week) im a catalan.

wonder if rooney hs found his dummy after he spat it all over ewood park last week!!

he's clearly still a liabilty with his temperament, if that was a major tournament he would have been straight off!!

we had the better of the chances no doubt, reina didn't make a save all night. anything could happen at the bridge, that is 6 semi final matches against chelsea now when they just haven't played well at all.

there was a point at the start of the 2nd half when chelsea were all over the place and with more determination/thrust, we could have got the 2nd goal.

i'd hate to be a chelsea fan at the moment, for all our problems off the pitch, what is happening at chelsea on it and in the dressing room is a total joke. it is clear nobody listens a word to grant, clueless mgt by him last night again. amongst some of my chelsea mates, drogba is just a continued source of embarrassment and they can't wait to get shut of him and players like ballack (who was ok last night) seem to just stroll around on 130K a week without the type of dynamism you get from gerrard, ronaldo, hleb, essien, etc.

thought gerrard was **** last night, he needs to get this 2nd striker role out of his head and get more involved.

well tonight for one night only (and next week) im a catalan.

wonder if rooney hs found his dummy after he spat it all over ewood park last week!!

he's clearly still a liabilty with his temperament, if that was a major tournament he would have been straight off!!

:lol::lol::lol:

but still a great player in one of the worlds best sides at the moment!!

The press has made the "turmoil" inside the club out to be much more than it really is. Don't believe the hype!

I think Ballack has had a good season overall... not like last year, so I'm not bothered what his salary is (as an aside, I find this fixation on people's salaries and transfer fees almost comical)

Everyone keeps saying Reina made no saves but he saved from Ballack and Cole and I think Lampard as well. Nothing like the saves Cech had to make, of course.

Drogba is a problem...

At least Stevie G stayed on his feet last night... although I didn't feel he accomplished much.

The press has made the "turmoil" inside the club out to be much more than it really is. Don't believe the hype!

I think Ballack has had a good season overall... not like last year, so I'm not bothered what his salary is (as an aside, I find this fixation on people's salaries and transfer fees almost comical)

Everyone keeps saying Reina made no saves but he saved from Ballack and Cole and I think Lampard as well. Nothing like the saves Cech had to make, of course.

Drogba is a problem...

At least Stevie G stayed on his feet last night... although I didn't feel he accomplished much.

it's not hype morbs, we all know you've got the inside word but practically every journo, ex player, broadcaster, etc, etc is adamant that there is a core of senior players (we all know who they are) who are running the show and to all intents and purposes grant is a dead man walking.

don't try and use roman's PR machine on me now.

ok he caught the ball from a couple of efforts. when i said he didn't make a save.....

i've no fixation on salaries, but it's not quite so easy to swallow when you've got big name players who don't perform in the big games. however, you look at it, grant and some players got out of jail free last night.

drogba will go for sure...

as i said, gerrard needs to get more involved. he considers himself a 2nd striker now and he isn't. he would be far more effective playing deeper and getting involved and then bombing on.

oh and john terry is so unfit that its untrue. he can barely run or jump. no way would torres (as decent as he is) have been able to beat and challenge him in the air as he did last night.

there have been goals conceded/mistakes by him recently that would have been bread and butter not long ago.

btw - your point on long balls is misguided, a long pass from xabi alonso ain't quite the same as high balls bounced off drogba. (also like in the arsenal game)

oh and john terry is so unfit that its untrue. he can barely run or jump. no way would torres (as decent as he is) have been able to beat and challenge him in the air as he did last night.

there have been goals conceded/mistakes by him recently that would have been bread and butter not long ago.

btw - your point on long balls is misguided, a long pass from xabi alonso ain't quite the same as high balls bounced off drogba. (also like in the arsenal game)

Terry was a very lucky boy to stay on the park too after his wee dig at Torres on the deck

yep - the general letskicktorres approach from Terry sucked really, you can see why he aint England captain no more. Classless (sniffs). Second half they looked really flapped, however the tactical disintegration we, when watching, were expecting did not happen. If only Stevie G's half volley had found the top corner.

& there is nothing wrong with being 'fixated' on salaries etc - the resources put in & value for it are an integral part of the football equation!

yep - the general letskicktorres approach from Terry sucked really, you can see why he aint England captain no more. Classless (sniffs). Second half they looked really flapped, however the tactical disintegration we, when watching, were expecting did not happen. If only Stevie G's half volley had found the top corner.

& there is nothing wrong with being 'fixated' on salaries etc - the resources put in & value for it are an integral part of the football equation!

true

if i was paying Ballack £100k+ a week
i'd expect that

1) he'd put a shift in
2) at 1-0 down with less than 10mins to go, he'd get off the park quicker when subbed - he was walking off as if they were 1 up at the time

Terry's not had a great season, I agree... Carvalho has covered him very well.

I'm not saying it's all smiles at Chelsea, grego, but it's not anywhere as bad as the press have made it out to be. That's not PR... that's just the truth! I'm sure you agree the UK press is a bit prone to hyperbole!

I think Grant's one sin so far (aside from not starting Joe Cole vs. Spurs) is lacking charisma. I'm not convinced by his management yet by any stretch, but his results overall have been very good. I, like a lot of people I think, will reserve judgement until after our matches on Saturday and Tuesday!

true

if i was paying Ballack £100k+ a week
i'd expect that

1) he'd put a shift in
2) at 1-0 down with less than 10mins to go, he'd get off the park quicker when subbed - he was walking off as if they were 1 up at the time

in the words of Hansen, he plays whilst smoking a cigar!

Back