Champions League Semi-Final

:lol::lol::lol:

but still a great player in one of the worlds best sides at the moment!!

granted, but you can have all the tricks in the world but there's not much he can do for England from the dressing room is there??

as we saw against Portugal 2 years ago.

granted, but you can have all the tricks in the world but there's not much he can do for England from the dressing room is there??

as we saw against Portugal 2 years ago.

fair point but one player doesn't make a team, we were ****e in the world cup and even if he didn't act like a twat we still wouldn't have won that match!

Well i said Liverpool would score Two goals :rolleyes:

Think the result is still balanced. Liverpool can go to the Bridge full-on attacking knowing that even if Chelsea score the score is effectually still the same so they have nothing to lose on that front.

I can see another 1-1 (2-2) and pens....

Terry's not had a great season, I agree... Carvalho has covered him very well.

I'm not saying it's all smiles at Chelsea, grego, but it's not anywhere as bad as the press have made it out to be. That's not PR... that's just the truth! I'm sure you agree the UK press is a bit prone to hyperbole!

I think Grant's one sin so far (aside from not starting Joe Cole vs. Spurs) is lacking charisma. I'm not convinced by his management yet by any stretch, but his results overall have been very good. I, like a lot of people I think, will reserve judgement until after our matches on Saturday and Tuesday!

nothing against him, he isn't fit, he shouldn't be playing. not his fault. although what a (unt he was for his sly dig at torres. fernando proper riles him.

of course i agree about the UK press, but i'm talking about ex players, people close to the chelsea camp, the types of the broadcasters who are renowned for straight talking and having their finger on the pulse.

anelka is the future for chelsea, class player and deserved the round of applause he got at the match last night when he came on.

fair point but one player doesn't make a team, we were ****e in the world cup and even if he didn't act like a twat we still wouldn't have won that match!
oh i dunno, take away ronaldos goals, i bet the league would look a bit different? :lol:

Grego, you sound a little sore about the result!!??

Really looking forward to tonights game!!8)
The winner is coming from this Tie in my opinion!!

Utd are shocking tonight, all over the place. Don't think they've had more than one or Two shots on target. Barca haven't been much better though unfortunately.

I want to know what the quote on your sig is!?

We half watched it (road residents group meeting on at the same time, but you don't want to know that..!) - was interesting to see them with no strikers towards the end.

Terry Henry - cracking shot that he had...I felt sad to see him being brought on as a sub, he needs to be in a team built around him.

Cliche time but old trafford very different & would not be suprised to see united get a couple against them.

BUT THAT SAID. Dirk Kuyt, the player Ronaldo could be if he was effective in Europe!

I want that 90 minutes back. Rubbish.

Watch some sunday park football if you want.

Barca tried their best, without ever throwing caution to the wind, conceding an away goal is deadly.
Thought United would've been more positive though. I think we'll create more chances once they open up at Old Trafford. At the end of the day N8, if only one teams wants to play football it's hard to have a good game.

In my view, it was a penalty on Ronaldo, but then Etoo shouldve had a penalty in the 2nd half when he didnt dive!

Messi looked good, but he's not 100% He'll be sharper next week, and possibly play 90 mins.

Understand both teams didn't want to give anything away but thought Barca would be more open and attacking at home esp knowing that Man U will be at OT. Henry was good for what we saw of him though. Think i just expected more from Two of the biggest/best teams in Europe...

After two boring semi finals with the supposed best 4 teams in Europe playing awful football despite playing brilliantly in the league just because of away goals. I reckon, either one game at a neutral venue, but not great for fans etc. or just abolishing the away goals rule. Otherwise this tournament is turning ****e despite quality improving.

Utd are shocking tonight, all over the place. Don't think they've had more than one or Two shots on target. Barca haven't been much better though unfortunately.

They weren't shocking at all, they defended very well, it was clearly obvious that Barca would have to come out and attack seen as they were the home team and United soaked up the pressure and if the truth be known Barca never looked like scoring, cant believe Ronaldo of all people missed a penalty, even the best players in the world have bad days, the referee was a disgrace and United were robbed of another cast iron penalty.

United will take them @ Old Trafford en route to winning The Champions League final.

They weren't shocking at all, they defended very well, it was clearly obvious that Barca would have to come out and attack seen as they were the home team and United soaked up the pressure and if the truth be known Barca never looked like scoring, cant believe Ronaldo of all people missed a penalty, even the best players in the world have bad days, the referee was a disgrace and United were robbed of another cast iron penalty.

United will take them @ Old Trafford en route to winning The Champions League final.

Levante (bottom of our league) playing at the Nou Camp had more shots on goal than you.

I understand why you played that way, and thats fine. But what you can't then do is have a go at Liverpool or Chelsea when they do the same thing. (By "you" I mean most united fans). All I read/heard before this game is what a great attacking team Man Utd are..
Liverpool attacked more than you did in last year's game we played.

ps: i agree it was a penalty, but then Etoo was also fouled but he didnt dive, unlike Ronaldo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Man U's shout was a penalty. If that was a penalty, then Drogba should have had one vs. Carragher in the other game, and I didn't think that was a penalty either.

The handball was a penalty, and 99% of the time Ronaldo buries it... thus my text to you last night Ferd ;)

I dozed off for the second half :oops: (it was after midnight here) but Barca were all over Man U like a bad suit in the first half. The lack of chances surprised me, but what was even more surprising was to see Wayne Rooney playing in defense. What a gameplan!

United be confident to win at home because they really didn't seem to be striving for that away goal....

Go Barca!

I think Barca will be very happy with last night's result.

No away goal conceded and they only need to score 1 and Utd will need to score 2.

How costly could that penalty miss turn out? Mind you that can't really moan about Ronaldo after everything he has done this season for them.

Back