Champions League Semi-Final

I'm only echoeing what many others have said, it is a logistical nightmare to get there what with having to apply for visas, pay crazy money for flights and then you'll be lucky to get a hotel not to mention a match ticket if you don't have one, some United mates of mine have tickets and plan on going but haven't booked yet as they are trying to suss out how to get there on the cheap and it's proving very difficult, id love to go with them for the experience but i wouldn't be prepared to pay insane money for tickets, money i haven't got and Moscow wouldn't be on my list of plasces to visit anyway,maybe someday when they make it easier for people to visit there without the need of paying for visas.

its called football. its a business. if they're mug enough to pay silly money to watch a match, then thats perogative. even if they boycott, some other mug will probably take their place.

thats price you pay for "supporting" a big sucessful club.

i doubt the Russians will be losing any sleep over your non-visit. :lol:

i think we should organise a boycott of the european final just because the ruskies make people PAY for visas...:lol::lol::lol:

What a load of crap, Jonny!

For a visa, all you need is an application, a picture, a passport and a hotel reservation. In this case, they've said a match tickets is good enough in place of the reservation. They've hired an outside agency to help handle the extra volume. People are whinging before they've even tried it!

Getting there is easy. There are 6 - 10 direct flights a day from London. There's a flight from Manchester too. If you can't get on a direct, you can easily connect through several airports in Germany, Amsterdam, Paris, Riga, etc.

I'm so sick of seeing all this stuff on the news right now about how hard it is when it's anything but!

If you didn't plan ahead, then yes, you're up sh1t's creek in terms of hotel. That's your problem! My friends reserved hotels months ago!

And yes, it's expensive. Cheap seats on airlines tend to sell out first. Hotels boost prices for big events (as they did in Paris and Istanbul when I was there). And Moscow's an expensive city.... but not worse than London!

face it Jon... if it were held at wembley, the same people would be moaning as it wasnt "exotic" or faraway enough. :lol:

if anyone had an ounce of common sense, they would have planned a week trip there as soon as the season started. it would make a great break* and seeing yr club in the final would have been a bonus!

* SOURCE: Tripadvisor.com

What a load of crap, Jonny!

For a visa, all you need is an application, a picture, a passport and a hotel reservation. In this case, they've said a match tickets is good enough in place of the reservation. They've hired an outside agency to help handle the extra volume. People are whinging before they've even tried it!

Getting there is easy. There are 6 - 10 direct flights a day from London. There's a flight from Manchester too. If you can't get on a direct, you can easily connect through several airports in Germany, Amsterdam, Paris, Riga, etc.

I'm so sick of seeing all this stuff on the news right now about how hard it is when it's anything but!

If you didn't plan ahead, then yes, you're up sh1t's creek in terms of hotel. That's your problem! My friends reserved hotels months ago!

And yes, it's expensive. Cheap seats on airlines tend to sell out first. Hotels boost prices for big events (as they did in Paris and Istanbul when I was there). And Moscow's an expensive city.... but not worse than London!

I fail to see why people have to pay €80 for a visa just to enter into a country where Moscow is already one of the most expensive city's in the world as it is, if the Russian Government done away with this visa nonsense they would probably get a lot more visitors.

Most supporters would not have booked flights until their team is guaranteed to have got to the final, getting to Moscow might be easy as regards flights but the cost involved is most certainly not, the language barrier as well will prove a massive obstacle to people but that's another issue.

I'm not having a go here maybe some day ill visit Russia and Moscow id love to travel with the lads though for the experience of the CL final, i noticed you mention Moscow is no worse than London,Sir Morbyd i thought you said one time it was one of the most expensive ciitys in the world, London wouldn't be near the most expensive city in the world, sure Dublin would be more expensive than London with the exception of the west end.

They decided to put it in Moscow because it is like.. the European cup ?!! Bonkers - whats the suggestion - move it here because we have two finalists?

Would not have happened in the good old days, these so called etc etc.

Yeah...Like when did Russia ever win the Eurovision Song Contest....

And when I no longer have to get my wife a visa to visit the EU or UK, then I might... just might... feel sorry for you guys having to get a visa to visit Russia! :!:

well that's not right either,although it's probably got something to do with the EU or something.

Yeah...Like when did Russia ever win the Eurovision Song Contest....

romans.gif

just what have the russians ever done for us eh!

I fail to see why people have to pay €80 for a visa just to enter into a country where Moscow is already one of the most expensive city's in the world as it is, if the Russian Government done away with this visa nonsense they would probably get a lot more visitors..
You're winding me up, right?

You know how much it costs for my wife's visas? I spent nearly 300 euros for her visa to Athens earlier this year because it was a rush.

Russia almost always sets its visa prices to the same level as the other country in question. Reciprocity, it's called.

So stop your whinging!

I fail to see why people have to pay €80 for a visa just to enter into a country where Moscow is already one of the most expensive city's in the world as it is, if the Russian Government done away with this visa nonsense they would probably get a lot more visitors.

Most supporters would not have booked flights until their team is guaranteed to have got to the final, getting to Moscow might be easy as regards flights but the cost involved is most certainly not, the language barrier as well will prove a massive obstacle to people but that's another issue.

I'm not having a go here maybe some day ill visit Russia and Moscow id love to travel with the lads though for the experience of the CL final, i noticed you mention Moscow is no worse than London,Sir Morbyd i thought you said one time it was one of the most expensive ciitys in the world, London wouldn't be near the most expensive city in the world, sure Dublin would be more expensive than London with the exception of the west end.

F uck me, where to start. First off:

World's most expensive cities 2007 (source Mercer Human Resources)1. Moscow2. London3. Seoul4. Tokyo5. Hong Kong6. Copenhagen7. Geneva8. Osaka9. Zurich10. Oslo11. Milan12. St. Petersburg (Russia)13. Paris14. Singapore15. New York City16. Dublin17. Tel Aviv18. Rome19. Vienna20. Beijing

the language barrier?!! What - as in they speak in foreign? Are you serious - the bible is not ACTUALLY written in English you know?

And given they have to do these things in advance, lets say Spartak Moscow get to the final - or even get drawn a group game against Chelsea - the cost to get here for the average russian is going to be relatively far more than for the average brit to get to Moscow.

Do you think that Russia is the only country with a Visa scheme?

You're winding me up, right?

You know how much it costs for my wife's visas? I spent nearly 300 euros for her visa to Athens earlier this year because it was a rush.

Russia almost always sets its visa prices to the same level as the other country in question. Reciprocity, it's called.

So stop your whinging!

€300 is scandalous indeed, visas to enter any countries should be abolished.

F uck me, where to start. First off:

World's most expensive cities 2007 (source Mercer Human Resources)1. Moscow2. London3. Seoul4. Tokyo5. Hong Kong6. Copenhagen7. Geneva8. Osaka9. Zurich10. Oslo11. Milan12. St. Petersburg (Russia)13. Paris14. Singapore15. New York City16. Dublin17. Tel Aviv18. Rome19. Vienna20. Beijing

the language barrier?!! What - as in they speak in foreign? Are you serious - the bible is not ACTUALLY written in English you know?

And given they have to do these things in advance, lets say Spartak Moscow get to the final - or even get drawn a group game against Chelsea - the cost to get here for the average russian is going to be relatively far more than for the average brit to get to Moscow.

Do you think that Russia is the only country with a Visa scheme?

London is not more expensive than here, maybe the west end and certain places like Kensington/Chelsea,etc but on the whole it's not and that list you posted is not correct.

I'm sure Russia isn't the only country with a visa scheme but visas should be done away with.

Rent of flat Bus/tube ticket Music CD Intnl paper Cup of coffee Burger meal Moscow €3,037/
£2,057 N/A €18.85
/£12.77 €4.78
/£3.24 €4.64
/£3.14 €3.65
/£2.47 London€2,952/
£2,000 €4,43
/£3 €19.17
/£12.99 €1.77
/£1.20 €2.95
/£2 €5.74
/£3.89 Tokyo €3,115
/£2,110 €1.95