Champions League Semi-Final

That came out all rubbish!

anyway, point was Dublin 4th most expensive on cost of living.

Moscow 1st, London 2nd.

Give it back to the working classes hey? of all the generalisations and 'it was better in the good old days statements i have heard'

do you see the correlation between the movement away from the working classes and the likes of ronaldo etc being here? y'know the show pony?

which would you choose. cr4p footy or the 'working classes'?

does this rule out the middle classes? i'm a fully paid up member of suburbia, however I can not afford to go either - but thats life.

Mercer Human Resource Consulting need to pay another visit here as that list for here is obviously outdated i can guarantee you that man.

does this rule out the middle classes? i'm a fully paid up member of suburbia, however I can not afford to go either - but thats life.

same here. would love to go, but approx £70-80 for 90mins entertainment + pissing about getting to and from the match, food, drink?

not value.

x18 home games... nearly a grand and half for the season.

i can get myself a 70-200mm f2.8L lens for that money!:lol:

and tonight folks

there is the chance that 3/4 of the European Trophies finalists are British!!

:D

who knows

maybe even a Rangers vs Man U/Chelsea Super Cup in Monaco come August!!!
:eek:

It's never been the same since the new money came in ......
I remember when a pint of light and bitter was 2/6 and.......etc etc

and tonight folks

there is the chance that 3/4 of the European Trophies finalists are British!!

:D

who knows

maybe even a Rangers vs Man U/Chelsea Super Cup in Monaco come August!!!
:eek:

:twisted:;)

FORZA FIORENTINA

F7001.jpg

[
Personally if I was a Man U or Chelsea fan it wouldn't bother me going to Moscow as it would be a totally different place and buzz.
I wouldn't want the final played in a city that I have been to before or could go to anytime like Paris Amsterdam etc. That is not being dis-respectful to either city.
This would be an opportunity to visit a place that with your mates you would not neccessarily go to. Yes it may be a bit lumpy to go but it's not every year is it your team reaches the Champ League final so go with it and enjoy.
Could you imagine if the final was in the Dam, how many herberts would be going over?? I know if my team were there it would be full of em and i'd probably be travelling with half of them!
I don't think any Chelsea or Man U fans are moaning about it. They are all still down the pub celebrating!!

One last note to put the Visa debate into perspective, it costs the best part of £100 to get a visa for india, and that is one of the cheapest places to visit.

I'm sorry but if i was prepared to pay for the tickets, flights, hotels and spending money for Moscow, the Visa would be absolutely incidental.

like saying i can't afford to have a weekend in london cos the bus fares down there are too pricey....:rolleyes:

funny.. when CSKA Moskva played in the UEFA Cup final and the subsequent Super Cup, I never heard a single Russian complain about the cost of visas, nor the arcane procedures most Western European embassies impose on them to receive a visa, nor the cost and difficulty of making travel arrangements, nor the language barrier. There was no media uproar like I'm seeing on Sky and in the UK newspapers this week. People just got on with it!

And CSKA's support is no less "working class" than that of your average British team. In fact, probably moreso... their cheap seats at league matches cost 5 pounds!

I remember how my friends who were in Monaco for the Super Cup said the stadium was about 2/3 CSKA supporters :!: and they were playing against Liverpool, whose supporters a) are supposed to be among the most fervant in Europe, b) didn't need visas, and c) could travel to France on EasyJet for peanuts. :idea:

:lol: That post is from last night!

Although the wife's going shopping so I'm probably looking to spend today in the pub again :lol:

What's the battle cruiser?

Back