Champions League Semi-Final

Well,well,well... So many talking points.

Firstly well done to Chelsea. Like the other semi.. its a very fine line between going through and getting knocked out.

Both teams deserved it.

Haha, so much for Mourinho.. Grant has done more in 8 months than he did in 3 years!

In my opinion, essien goal was correctly disallowed, and that WAS a penalty on Hypia
So Liverpool should of gone through then? karma at work someone please? Garcia?

I have a colleague at work who I swear wasn't a chelsea fan pre-russian input!

I'll still be supporting blues in Russia though despite loathing the biggest cheat I've ever seen in all my years watching football! Disgusting individual I wish you nothing but bad karma!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So Liverpool should of gone through then? karma at work someone please? Garcia?

I didnt say that..! Chelsea has the better of this game over all, but Liverpool had the better of the 1st leg.

I think it was 50/50... both teams couldve made it.

I didnt say that..! Chelsea has the better of this game over all, but Liverpool had the better of the 1st leg.

I think it was 50/50... both teams couldve made it.
Agreed though what I was saying though was if it was a pen then Liverpool were through? 3 each?

Its done though now and I wish Chelsea particularly Frank Lampard and also Terry, Essien, Cech and well everyone but one individual at Chelsea every Success in the Final!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts:

Chelsea superior in the 1st half. Lots of chances. Final shots often a bit tame but good work all around and great goal.

Quite even in the 2nd half as Chelsea took their foot off the pedal and started wasting time and holding out for 1-0. Stupid! Great goal by Torres. Irina & I, preparing ourselves for the worst, started discussing how we really didn't need the headache of accomodating all our English friends in Moscow :lol:

Chelsea were better in extra time. I disagree with Essien's goal being ruled offsides but whatever. Penalty for Frank was heartwarming and then another great Drogba goal (eat that, Benitez!!). Cue celebrations and lots of shouting about Moscow Moscow amongst our gang and then.... great shot by Babel out of nowhere!! Must have been swerving all over the place for Cech to misjudge it so badly! I could barely watch the last 5 minutes :!:

But the boys held on and we're in the final :D :D

As you might guess, we've been celebrating for several hours now. :lol: Now back in the hotel waiting for late night snack room service :lol:

Oh I get you Jez, yes in that case I guess i was saying that it couldve been 3-3.

All that we ask for is that the final is a better match than the FA Cup final last year ;)

As much as I hated Chelsea when Jose was their manager, I now find I don't actually mind them. I'll definitely be supporting them in the final.

Chelsea the better side overall although Liverpool could well have snatched it at the death, some questionable referring decisions last night, in fact the standard of referring this season has gone down the toilet, but anyway it's the battle of the Premiership heavyweights in the final, why they decided to stage it in Moscow is very strange, not saying anything bad against the place but it's a logistical nightmare for supporters not to mention the expense to get there, as well as the language barrier and the very real possibility of hooliganism but how and ever it should be a fantastic game.

Well wouldn't say it was the greatest football played, as at times neither side could put more that 2 or 3 passes together but probably due to conditions and also the occassion. However for entertainment and excitement you couldn't fault it.

Chelsea deserved it overall. Liverpool blew it 1st leg really.

All the goals were of quality and fair do to Lampard he held his nerve well.

I agree that the Essien goal should have been disallowed but doesn't matter now.

Rafa substitutions also have to be questioned too. Ok Hypia required yes but Pennant and then Babel? I would have brought either of them if Crouch was coming on.

I have a lot more respect for Avram though after his post match comments. The man deserves a bit more respect than what he has received so far.

Great game.
I think Drogba also must have heeded to some of the critism too as he didn't seem to go down as much.
Why was the Chelsea goal disallowed though, I thought that offside players had to affect play?

why they decided to stage it in Moscow is very strange, not saying anything bad against the place but it's a logistical nightmare for supporters not to mention the expense to get there, as well as the language barrier and the very real possibility of hooliganism but how and ever it should be a fantastic game.

sounds like your talking from your non-experiece of the place. :rolleyes:

100% REAL Fans will travel to the game whereever and whenever it is. ;)

didnt see the game, didnt have it on the Radio, was watching the apprentice and another boardroom disaster.

Drogba was standing right in front of Reina....

And puposely moving infront of him to obscure his view/block him. Obstruction or unsporting behaviour, take your pick.*

*Clearly, nothing I wouldn't stoop to myself in search of a win:lol:

I was just reading the Times' match coverage and loved the part when my friend Matt Hughes wrote that Avram Grant's suitability for his job "can no longer be seriously questioned after taking Chelsea into uncharted territory in Europe and resuscitating their title challenge."

Same sentiment in various wordings in most of the newspapers this morning... from the same reporters that questioned his suitability from the job just days ago! Ah, how the tide turns so quickly... :lol:

Well yeeeessss Mr Morbs.

But, I am sure I can recall your good self not being to impressed with Mr Grant & making it very clear - don't make me get the threads out!!

btw - well done tho, have to accept the best team on the night won. You look like you are peaking at the right time etc.

didnt see the game, didnt have it on the Radio, was watching the apprentice and another boardroom disaster.

They decided to put it in Moscow because it is like.. the European cup ?!! Bonkers - whats the suggestion - move it here because we have two finalists?

Would not have happened in the good old days, these so called etc etc.

But, I am sure I can recall your good self not being to impressed with Mr Grant & making it very clear - don't make me get the threads out!!

btw - well done tho, have to accept the best team on the night won. You look like you are peaking at the right time etc.
I already addressed that above, secretagentman! The emotional response is to bash the guy after matches like Spurs (cup), Spurs (league) or Wigan... but in my calmer moments (or after Arsenal, Man U or last night :lol:) I've reserved judgement.

I was hesitant to say it, but it does look like we're "peaking", doesn't it? 3 more wins and we could have 2 trophies! With the season we've had (Mourinho leaving, more than half the first team injured at one point, African Cup of Nations, etc.), it'd be so much sweeter!

I'm only echoeing what many others have said, it is a logistical nightmare to get
there what with having to apply for visas, pay crazy money for flights and then you'll be lucky to get a hotel not to mention a match ticket if you don't have one, some United mates of mine have tickets and plan on going but haven't booked yet as they are trying to suss out how to get there on the cheap and it's proving very difficult, id love to go with them for the experience but i wouldn't be prepared to pay insane money for tickets, money i haven't got and Moscow wouldn't be on my list of plasces to visit anyway,maybe someday when they make it easier for people to visit there without the need of paying for visas.

[ and Moscow wouldn't be on my list of plasces to visit anyway,

Oh I dunno after all I have heard from Morbyd, Moscow is on my places to go to for a weekend! Morb's weekend rundown is a must for me on a Monday morning!

What a load of crap, Jonny!

For a visa, all you need is an application, a picture, a passport and a hotel reservation. In this case, they've said a match tickets is good enough in place of the reservation. They've hired an outside agency to help handle the extra volume. People are whinging before they've even tried it!

Getting there is easy. There are 6 - 10 direct flights a day from London. There's a flight from Manchester too. If you can't get on a direct, you can easily connect through several airports in Germany, Amsterdam, Paris, Riga, etc.

I'm so sick of seeing all this stuff on the news right now about how hard it is when it's anything but!

If you didn't plan ahead, then yes, you're up sh1t's creek in terms of hotel. That's your problem! My friends reserved hotels months ago!

And yes, it's expensive. Cheap seats on airlines tend to sell out first. Hotels boost prices for big events (as they did in Paris and Istanbul when I was there). And Moscow's an expensive city.... but not worse than London!

And when I no longer have to get my wife a visa to visit the EU or UK, then I might... just might... feel sorry for you guys having to get a visa to visit Russia! :!:

Back