Any new parties next year?

The only think I'll say is, are more people getting into the more underground sounds? I know they are in America, but I thought Europe was already pretty much there. So that may help the cause?

The new Loco Dice party is def not needed in my opinion, although if Hyte is behind it, it may end up crushing Cocoon or Music On. Either way, not good. Life and Death at DC10 would be great. Smaller club, different sound, different vibe......Don't think it'll hurt the other nights too much.

Very true. What I am trying to say is that most people are on holiday for say one week, and on the more underground scene I don't think there are enough people on the island at any one time to make all these new nights work week in week out! Would anyone go to Amnesia 3 times in 1 week Cocoon (Monday), Hyte (Wednesday) and MusicON (Friday)? Or DC10 2 times in a week? We could all potentially be more spread out resulting in a less good party. Happened in 2013: WOTG at Pacha, Luciano & Loco Dice's parties at Ushuaia - all had AMAZING line-ups but just were not busy enough as there were not enough people to fill the nights every week.

yes agree with you.

last summer in august i attended 3 enters cocoons and music on + 2 solomun, even destine was almost full.

but again this is august.

music on is for carola. cocoon for sven and luciano nights were busy. adam beyer night in the main room was empty.

so i think a good line up is needed in amnesia. again 3 times in amnesia in one week is not bad haha :lol:.

Hmm at first I thought this is really bad news for Cocoon but thinking about it Cocoon is made of far stronger stuff and has already survived Luciano, Carola and Hawtin doing their own thing somewhere else….I'm sure they will survive! I'll be interested to see what balance they strike this year between terrace and main room…Sven played terrace more than ever last season with Beyer/Klock/Dettmann taking reigns in main room.

Interesting to think that Vilalobos is perhaps more likely to team up with Hyte potentially now? I know he has had his critics on here but still loved his golden days on cocoon terrace...

Actually looking at Hyte in more detail there is loads more Cocoon crossover than Music On crossover…still pretty worried for Cocoon here..

Actually looking at Hyte in more detail there is loads more Cocoon crossover than Music On crossover…still pretty worried for Cocoon here..

Yeah music on wouldn't really take a hit artist crossover wise but a lot of cocoon guys play at hyte events. Bad news.

cocoon won't change too much. yes they will lose a few acts again due to hyte, as they did when music on, enter and also cadenza were born. but thanks to them, acts like ilario alicante and matthias kaden have grown into solid acts that will grow further. I can't tell too much yet, but cocoon will have a fine selection of artists this year too.

on the whole subject I just think it can't work out well for everyone, it currently seems like there will be too many parties of the same style again this year, similar as in 2013.

even if a few deals aren't set in stone yet, it seems we're in for a season with quite a lot of changes, a few pretty big ones too.

Yeah music on wouldn't really take a hit artist crossover wise but a lot of cocoon guys play at hyte events. Bad news.

Agree. I don't think it is trouble making to say this, but Hyte is Cocoon Part 2 on a Wednesday. The list of people available to Cocoon is getting less and less. Chris Liebing was (I think) the only person last season that played both Cocoon and MusicON, and he'd be in the Hyte camp now! I simply don't see how Cocoon and Hyte can operate successfully week in week out. This is one thing I hope that I completely wrong on!

but thanks to them, acts like ilario alicante and matthias kaden have grown into solid acts that will grow further. I can't tell too much yet, but cocoon will have a fine selection of artists this year too.

Good to hear! Matthias Kaden is getting close to that next level IMO......

Agree with you the mr_why. I saw Kaden at kehakuma closing in 2011 and he was very good, I would love to be able to catch him playing cocoon.

Just seen the ICN tweet about DC10 having more nights, can anyone fill me in on this?

innervisions? Apollonia?

Life and Death aka Tale of Us is the rumor. Although I wouldn't mind a Life and Death vs. Innervisions at DC10. I can dream.

a friend tell me that music on will be in Ushuaia this year... He told me this in october... Don't know if it's true!

Marco did the closing party, and rumour was he was tarting up to Ushuaia (and vice verca), but most people agree he / MusicON will stay at Amnesia on a Friday!

I think what everybody is forgetting here: why is everybody assuming that with HYTE as a new player EVERY DJ will head over heels run over to a new night, without ever looking back?

Many have experienced the problem new nights had in 2013 compared to established nights like cocoon. As a DJ I would rather play at a trusted and established brand, especially if I have played there before, instead of trying some new night that the average Ibiza visitor won't know yet and needs a loooot of promoting (see used and abused in 2013).
cocoon is in its 16th season and well trusted. plus: Sven and a lot of artists go back a Long time, liebing and beyer for instance.

glad to hear that cocoon will have good artists again, my guess is for ALAN FITZPATRICK playing a few dates. alicante and kaden are awesome!

I think what everybody is forgetting here: why is everybody assuming that with HYTE as a new player EVERY DJ will head over heels run over to a new night, without ever looking back?

I don't think we assume that every DJ will rush there, but we know that Loco Dice is committed to a handful of dates (and you'd imagine after 2013 they'd be crackers not to lock him in to an exclusive deal). HYTE is a pretty big deal! This is NOT some tin-pot start-up promoter wanting to have a go...

Back