Any new parties next year?

this is a post we will be likely to quote in october when we'll talk about the season ;)
hope this turns out ok.

ah I'm no prophet, it might as well work OK...

can't understand that amnesia signs dice after his ushuaia season and a break, especially if he is not playing every date. imagine buttrich headlining the terrace :/

well, if amnesia wouldn't have signed, another club would have. so I understand why they didn't say no in the end. but it's still a mistake in my eyes. amnesia had the two techno champion nights - why weaken them themselves with a third night within 5 nights? people won't go to amnesia more than once or max two times in their holiday. I sometimes wonder how people don't get this.

as for lineups, this new night will have good artists, no matter the quantity of dice's appearances. but as I've mentioned, if it comes to pass, then all other tech nights will feel this because there will be a list of artists to which they don't have any access to anymore.

when will sven have enough of amnesia antics and finally leave? he is like the wife who is constantly beaten and cheated but remains faithfully committed to her husband ;)

fair point. as I said, it's obvious neither team cocoon nor familia carola are very happy about this development, but none of them will just run away scared.

as I said, it's obvious neither team cocoon nor familia carola are very happy about this development, but none of them will just run away scared.

Though trying to put myself in amnesias position, suppose they think Sven / Cocoon isn't going to be around forever and Marco tarted himself off to Ushuaia and was seriously contemplating moving there (or not...but it seemed like he was). So maybe the view is after this season only two will actually survive! Put them against each other and the line-ups are going to be mind blowing. And why let Hyte / Loco get established elsewhere! Just think of the names that could play there in one week if there were strong line ups at all nights.....

Just think of the names that could play there in one week if there were strong line ups at all nights.....

agreed, but for ibiza standards (where only really the top famous DJs are regarded as strong lineups sadly), with all the other nights happening in this sector (circoloco, coxy, paradise, tribal sessions, ants,...and a few more this year) there simply won't even be enough of those top names around to play those nights and make the line ups interesting enough.

either the same will happen as in 2013 when everyone played everywhere (which was shit) or then, if the exclusive deals come into place, a lot of acts that we used to see at enter, cocoon, music on etc will not be able to go and play there anymore.

either the same will happen as in 2013 when everyone played everywhere (which was shit) or then, if the exclusive deals come into place, a lot of acts that we used to see at enter, cocoon, music on etc will not be able to go and play there anymore.

You're right! For this to work from a DJ perspective I suppose nights like Cocoon, HYTE (working title), Paradise, ENTER, MusicON need to be one-room nights.... Just focus on a few headliners... And I know that will never happen as the business model is blown apart. I think the prediction sadly has to be 2013! And with a fragile economy in Europe about to get more fragile.... Could get messy!

@stivi I know you have been very vocal about how everybody playing everywhere in 2013 was a creative disaster, Johannes Goller and Dice's own MGMT alluded to it also in the IMS talks last year... but did 2013 prove to be a disaster financially?? For the venues, if not the individual club brands? And was 2014 more profitable for them?

I mean, we know that Cocoon had a better year in 2014 than 2013. And Music On went from strength to strength. But what about ENTER.? And what about the clubs themselves?

Did Ushuaia & Pacha reap the "rewards" of going down the commercial / EDM route last season compared to 2013??

@stivi I know you have been very vocal about how everybody playing everywhere in 2013 was a creative disaster, Johannes Goller and Dice's own MGMT alluded to it also in the IMS talks last year... but did 2013 prove to be a disaster financially?? For the venues, if not the individual club brands? And was 2014 more profitable for them?

I mean, we know that Cocoon had a better year in 2014 than 2013. And Music On went from strength to strength. But what about ENTER.? And what about the clubs themselves?

Did Ushuaia & Pacha reap the "rewards" of going down the commercial / EDM route last season compared to 2013??

while we can't really say 2013 was a disaster, it is true that 2014 was a better season than 2013 for a lot of clubs and promoters, with a few exceptions.

dice, who was all over the show in 2013 with his used&abused residency and playing just about everywhere else too, was indeed not a profitable thing for ushuaïa. it cost them a lot of money and the fact that almost every week of the whole summer you could see him playing somewhere else too (often cheaper) made a lot of people effectively going to see him NOT at ushuaïa. this was a mistake and everyone confirmed that.

both cocoon and music on definitely had a better season in 2014 compared to 2013. enter suprisingly didn't. even though they had some of the biggest line ups, somehow the power of the black dot seemed to fade a tiny bit last year. it was by no means a bad year for them, but their overall numbers were a tad down compared to 2013 - fact.

pacha had its best season in years and ushuaïa had an extremely good season too.

dice, who was all over the show in 2013 with his used&abused residency and playing just about everywhere else too, was indeed not a profitable thing for ushuaïa

Would love to know what his fee per night was! Any one know?

In terms of Pacha change to 2013 > 2014 they didn't change that much. They replaced Steve Aoki on one of their EDM nights, and added a more House/sometimes more underground night to replace WOTG. They still had 3 House /Underground nights, 3 EDM/V Commercial and 1 Retro night. Good balance for a club that should appeal to everyone!

Ushuaia obviously were printing money in 2014. Would love to audit their P&L for last season. 5 EDM nights + Ants (which was probably a good earner too as they didn't often have expensive DJs) They must have been taking €500,000 + a night regularly in peak season.

still... no decent trance party in ibiza.

what if pacha signed plex or ame/dixon.. what will happen to solomun

Stivi, have you had any news on any of the Booom nights? Defected, Glitterbox, Toolroom?

defected are indeed rumoured to go to sankeys, contrary to my previous statement. not sure it's a done thing yet though. not sure about glitterbox. as for toolroom, I know they wanna be back on the island, maybe eden could be a fit for them? or, as stated before, toolroom knights are now part of the safehouse family so they might do something at space? who knows. I haven't heard anything specific about that, it's just pure guessing really.

lots of rumours around currently, I prefer not to gossip to be honest.

defected are indeed rumoured to go to sankeys, contrary to my previous statement. not sure it's a done thing yet though.

lots of rumours around currently, I prefer not to gossip to be honest.

Might not be noteworthy, but Sankeys make reference to Defected setting-up shop there in their own rumours blog...

Still no new names then:confused: just the same old jokers moving around.. looks like ill be leaving my dancing shoes at home again this year. .:rolleyes:

From the outside looking in, it looks like Amnesia, Sankeys and DC10 all trying to prove who has the biggest d__k! Someone may want to tell them that it's very rare most normal punters go to the same club more than once in a week (let alone two or three times)!

From the outside looking in, it looks like Amnesia, Sankeys and DC10 all trying to prove who has the biggest d__k! Someone may want to tell them that it's very rare most normal punters go to the same club more than once in a week (let alone two or three times)!

i dont think the place matters as much as the party and the music played

i dont think the place matters as much as the party and the music played

Very true. What I am trying to say is that most people are on holiday for say one week, and on the more underground scene I don't think there are enough people on the island at any one time to make all these new nights work week in week out! Would anyone go to Amnesia 3 times in 1 week Cocoon (Monday), Hyte (Wednesday) and MusicON (Friday)? Or DC10 2 times in a week? We could all potentially be more spread out resulting in a less good party. Happened in 2013: WOTG at Pacha, Luciano & Loco Dice's parties at Ushuaia - all had AMAZING line-ups but just were not busy enough as there were not enough people to fill the nights every week.

Back