A magical 3 days .. and 3 nights [4-7 July 2012]

"I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be, but before you start pointing fingers make sure your hands are clean." ~Bob Marley

This has been cracking me up....I have all kinds of visions of you and the coral lady doing god knows what (holding up a bar and boarding a plane naked to mumbai or something random) - if this is not the case can you maybe just make it up cos I love your story telling skills, hehe :D

This has been cracking me up....I have all kinds of visions of you and the coral lady doing god knows what (holding up a bar and boarding a plane naked to mumbai or something random) - if this is not the case can you maybe just make it up cos I love your story telling skills, hehe :D

:lol: ... unfortunately I'm not blessed with the imagination to be a fiction writer.. and I sure can't deliver 50 shades of coral ;). But I will finish the write-up - as I remember it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
A night at KM5

The journey flies by and we park up. I've got a strong feeling this is the right place for us tonight 8). We're not the most ‘groomed' couple in the place it has to be said ... but we're both wearing our genuine smiles with great conviction :)lol:) .... and my flip flops seem to have saved the day ! :p

KM5 is always a pleasure to walk into :). It may be full of unfeasibly pretty people, but there's usually a nice atmosphere and the garden with all its nooks, crannies and clever lighting always makes you feel you're somewhere that bit special. It's a new experience for my companion – not made it here before on this, her first trip to Ibiza. :twisted:

It's still quite early, really busy and there are no square tables with comfy seating free :(. So after grabbing a drink from the inside bar (I'm pretty much on the Red Bulls by now !), we take a pew at the very same little table I was stood at sharing a beer with Hally, Ben and Andy Allwood barely 3 weeks previously .. off the path leading out from the inside dancefloor. :lol:;)

Somehow, the staff realize we could do with a nicer table and before long we slide across as soon as space becomes free. It's a chance to have a bit more of a chat 8) – the post-Ushuaia shock was drowned in great music and we've still hardly spoken :eek:. In fact, I think it wasn't until about now we got a handle on each others' names.

I'm notoriously appalling with names :spank: but hers imprints on my brain like a branding iron on a bull ! :eek: Everything seems so easy and fun and I feel totally relaxed and at home with my new companion here 8)8)8). Reckon it's just what we both need to recharge. :p

Turns out she came out for the full Ibiza 123 Festival and stayed on for a few days afterwards. There's clearly some complications associated with the group she's here with (I won't elaborate ! ;)) and it definitely looks like a night at her villa isn't a goer :( .. but that isn't going to stand in the way of anything in the greater scheme of things. :twisted:

The outside bar is quieter now. I'll just say I have it on good authority that the strawberry mojitos in here are highly recommended. :p:p:p We reach a break in the conversation ... and it's time to dance again. Walking inside, Iban Mendoza has ramped up the energy and the bar is starting to rock. :D

A classic track drops and everyone starts dancing. A short pitstop and my coral charge and I are hand in hand, dancing close – beside the full-length mirrors leading to the loos :twisted:. It's fitting - it was dance which brought us together in the first place.

As we turn around to face the mirrors I'm behind, she's in front and she stops a moment to look at us together. It's hopelessly romantic and we exchange some mutually flattering words, just as Iban Mendoza sends the place into uproar by slamming his mix into

Der Dritte Raum – Hale Bopp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWLKYLmg1pc

It's too much – we're both on the floor again dancing like fiends and the rest of the bar are all up on their feet having it rather large indeed :D. No-one is allowed to lounge back on the white-covered seats from now on ... it's get up and dance - or get out ! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

There's an electric energy in here with a cast of the last 20-25 of us. By the time the bar girls and waiters have left their stations and joined in the party ! Everyone is letting it all go and having an absolute blast. Never seen KM5 kick off quite like that. :D

It's the third night in a row I've been surrounded by true party animals in Ibiza, enjoying that special spark when people join, open their hearts and minds, let their bodies really move and release the joyful spirit of the music that we all love. We are together in dance.... and the fact is we could be anywhere - but here, tonight, we're all in the little bar at KM5 on this wonderful island .. and it feels out of this world. 8)

By the time the music stops a little after 4am reality dawns that there's no bed for the night to turn into. We're both knackered ... she's easily passed the 36-hour mark heading towards 48 with no more than a cat nap and I dread to think of the cumulative sleep deprivation I must have been storing up. :eek:

Where to now ?

There's only one thing for it at this hour .. a crash back down to earth in San Antoni .. and I lead a very nervous looking lady in a coral dress through the chaos of the West End and into the safe house that is Hush! :eek: Why are we here ? Because aside from a strip club (or brothel !) there's nowhere else to really go at 4.30am without a bed for the night for those of us of relatively advancing years ! :lol:

It's pretty crowded and we stay close together... but there will be no trouble here tonight and we both relax into things soon enough :p. It's pretty dark on the upper level near the loos compared to the brightly lit room at KM5.

OK - I'll confess to feeling very horny indeed by now :spank:. My attraction to her has only ‘solidified' over the whorlwind time we've spent together and a close dance leaves little room for doubt of that. The feeling of romance is evolving into a rawer instinct. :spank: :spank: :spank:

On the little sofa-seat at the top of the stairs, in the most unlikely of settings for two people of our age and experience :)oops:), we finally share our real feelings towards each other - without the need for words :p. In truth, it could have happened on numerous occasions earlier in the night – but there was a climactic feel about that moment which, had it come any earlier, might have lessened the sense of expectation and fun which had built to epic levels as the night wore on - certainly for me anyway :!: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

By 5.30am we were done with Hush! and San Antoni. Homeless myself, I'd no real excuse for staying on here tonight and at some point she had to get home too :confused:. Truth is I had to be back in UK later today by hook or by crook ... I'd taken a gamble and already won in my own book – we'd exchanged UK numbers by now :twisted:. I think she's pretty gutted we can't go back to hers. With a villa-recovery session off the cards, a return to the other side of the island was in order – with a couple of stops along the way ;)

With the sunrise now consigned to history, manage to keep myself sufficiently alert with another Red Bull to navigate the winding roads deep into the heart of Roca Lisa, for a discreet drop-off :lol: :spank:. I make it as far as the first lay-by after exiting the development heading back towards Ibiza Town, pull in, wind the windows down a little (mercifully I tend to learn from my mistakes !), roll back the seat and succumb instantly to sleep. :eek:

The day of reckoning

When I come round it's about 10.30am :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:. The realization is all too stark in the blinding sunshine that's streaming through the windscreen into my eyes - my rental car's only good till 11.15am :confused:. It's on a 24-hour rental cycle and I'd paid for a full extra day already to cover my planned late return last night but that's it.

My own car is going to hit penalty overstay back at Birmingham Airport for sure. Travel insurance has expired... and I've no idea whether there's even a Birmingham flight today. Conceivably I could wind up having to fly to London and get a bus up there to retrieve my car. :rolleyes::evil:

It's a bit of a mess :)oops:), but mentally I'm prepared for the worst the world can throw at me and make it to Ibiza Airport in time to get my car returned and signed off .. and a Marlboro levels my head. Step one ... this is good – let's do this step by step now.

Decide not to procrastinate and head into Departures. There's a Thomson flight to Birmingham due to leave in 1hr and 10 minutes. The next one is tonight. Race to the Thomson airport desk and ask if there's any prospect of getting on the flight. :confused: :spank:

190 Euros in cash (too late for cards) will do it (and my suitcase) – nothing less (ouch !!). The ATM delivers and I'm checked in, without a paper ticket or asking for a receipt. They couldn't have been more helpful to be fair. Can't quite believe my luck... I'll be in Birmingham around 2pm UK time at this rate.
I'm comatosed most of the flight home.. and the final Birmingham Airport car park damage is only about a tenner. My mind is still firmly with the lady in the coral dress and my heart was left on the tarmac in Ibiza. The after-shock is setting in already :cry:. What the f*ck just happened ? My whole trip starts flashing back through my mind as I drive home ... and I've a huge smile on my face despite the British rain.

Briefly contemplating the imminent influx of visitors from Italy to the White Isle and reflecting on how much Life I've lived in the last 3 days and nights (:eek: :eek: :eek:), I'm left with only one phrase on my lips. “Vivere dura”.

My gut instinct tells me I may not have heard the last from the woman in the coral dress :p... and I'd hazard it may not be the last time she visits Ibiza either ! :twisted::p:twisted:

(I'm pretty much on the Red Bulls by now !

;)

On the little sofa-seat at the top of the stairs, in the most unlikely of settings for two people of our age and experience :)oops:), we finally share our real feelings towards each other - without the need for words

*Makes note of where not to sit in Hush should I go to Ibiza in September* :lol:

Good review; you should actually have a bash at writing for dough! How's about a 'The Girl with the Coral Dress: Fear & Loathing in Ibiza'? Need to add in some stuff about SHM and vests to get the loathing bit, obviously.

"It was dance that brought us together in the first place"..I think this line is from the movie Footloose kima;)great review again mate..But are you sure you were at KM5.:p

Brilliant review 8)

Coral dress chick sounds fantastic :D pool jumping also makes her a legend in my eyes, what a wonderful antidote to the VIP snobbery 8)

Sounds like you had another amazing experience and the stars were fully aligned for you. Don't even know you but want to send you a virtual hug :lol:

Fantastic review Kimajy - you really do have a flair for writing/story telling!!

So.....have you heard from fifty shades of coral then? :)

Thanks for all the comments - appreciated and makes it worthwhile writing these reveiws 8)... the harder ones to write would otherwise very easily just get buried under inertia. I did read all the comments - will go through the whole thread again soon and pick up on the ones which I meant to answer but got waylaid. :oops:

What was the score with not rockin' back to her gaff? Were you just stuck for time?

Not exactly - it's complicated :eek: ... and probably best left unspoken ;)

As handy as you are with a car did you not think to use it for some 'privacy'? :)

There comes a point in a guy's life where dodging gearsticks, trying not to release handbrakes and inadvertently playing tunes on the car horn become just that step too far ;) .. the great outdoors is a far better option in most instances :spank:

I think this line is from the movie Footloose

Really ? :p:twisted:

But are you sure you were at KM5.:p

Oh yes indeedy :p8) .. it all depends on who's there on the night :twisted:

Coral dress chick sounds fantastic :D pool jumping also makes her a legend in my eyes

She's really quite something :twisted: ... an Ibiza girl through and through - and didn't even realize it

Sounds like you had another amazing experience and the stars were fully aligned for you. Don't even know you but want to send you a virtual hug :lol:

Nail on head on the stars bit - couldn't get over it actually. Random hugs always gratefully received and given - especially after a full-on night on the dancefloor :)

So.....have you heard from fifty shades of coral then? :)

:D;) .. :p

Back