2018 World Cup

^^ agree it has been exceptionally good - usually I get bored quickly but a lot of it has been good enough to keep even me interested !

a lot of the focus during the build up was on trouble with fans

I would guess that criteria for getting Russian visas will have stood in the way of some fans who might have otherwise caused trouble !

I have not watched any games so far. When Engerland play, I usually go to the shops or the gym as it’s quiet.

I have not watched any games so far. When Engerland play, I usually go to the shops or the gym as it’s quiet.

I just couldn't not watch the last game - was so tense. They need to do better today - jump higher, run faster, keep possession and get on with striking instead of relying on getting fouled so Harry can put away a free kick. The two things which really stood out last game was their slow reaction times and their general lack of explosive power and speed. It's a World Cup not a kickabout the park lol.

^^ agree it has been exceptionally good - usually I get bored quickly but a lot of it has been good enough to keep even me interested !

I would guess that criteria for getting Russian visas will have stood in the way of some fans who might have otherwise caused trouble !
Unless you are a member of the FA and can get in on fan ID and haven't had to surrender your passport...

Nothing can ever compete with 82 or 86 for pure football - zico, socrates, maradona...

But italia summer 90 was also pretty emotional - the music, the football, the girls, school trips, failed maths, long hair & baggy clothes - as a 15 year old it was a magical time.

This is a short cassette recording i made from capital fm in London in july 90 - a silly megamix of dance hits interspersed with football commentary. If you had reached teen consciousness by then, this may induce a smile

https://www.mixcloud.com/mrhanson/italia-90-hot-mix/

Holy crap has this World Cup been a blast!

I'm so exhausted I don't know when I'll recover :lol: Been to 10 matches so far, plus nights in between watching at the pub with friends. Even these couple of days off between knockout rounds isn't helping!

After having been in South Africa and Brazil (not to mention Euro matches in Austria '08 and France '16), I've got to say it's the best organized tournament I've attended. My record so far - I got home from the opening match in a half hour! It helps to have the Moscow Metro, of course... one of the most efficient you'll find even when there's not a World Cup going on.

Also, really nice sleeping in my own bed and not having to travel around so much :lol: (although I would have done so if the USA hadn't made such a hash of qualifying)

Moscow has been buzzing. Probably twice as many Latin American fans as Europeans so it's been one long party on some streets. Almost makes me want to thank the European press for scaring all your fans away :lol:

Can't wait for England-Croatia and the final. Had tix to France-Belgium in St Pete but decided against trying to squeeze in an overnight trip (have to show up at work sometime!)

Holy crap has this World Cup been a blast!

I'm so exhausted I don't know when I'll recover :lol: Been to 10 matches so far, plus nights in between watching at the pub with friends. Even these couple of days off between knockout rounds isn't helping!

After having been in South Africa and Brazil (not to mention Euro matches in Austria '08 and France '16), I've got to say it's the best organized tournament I've attended. My record so far - I got home from the opening match in a half hour! It helps to have the Moscow Metro, of course... one of the most efficient you'll find even when there's not a World Cup going on.

Also, really nice sleeping in my own bed and not having to travel around so much :lol: (although I would have done so if the USA hadn't made such a hash of qualifying)

Moscow has been buzzing. Probably twice as many Latin American fans as Europeans so it's been one long party on some streets. Almost makes me want to thank the European press for scaring all your fans away :lol:

Can't wait for England-Croatia and the final. Had tix to France-Belgium in St Pete but decided against trying to squeeze in an overnight trip (have to show up at work sometime!)

Wondered where you'd disappeared off to !

Binning off Cocoon as deflated.
Well played Croatia. Easily the better team with the better tactics and overwhelming more chances.
Gutted, sure. But I will never forget this summer for being the one I landed my dream job and fell back in love with football. Proud.

Back