2018 World Cup

I'm firmly in the "love football, detest football fans" overlap in a Venn diagram. But I've got to say, I'm looking forward to the tourny.
I'd be happy seeing lots of goal and great football. The proverbial neutral.

That said, I hope Southgate looks to recent history and picks n' sticks with an inform keeper as no1 (Pickford)
You mean Pope ;)

You mean Pope ;)

Nah man, too much of a gamble. Don't get me wrong, he's done really well. But I think we need more consistency than 0.9 of a good season. I can't see him as a long-term No.1... yet.

We all know Roy should've made Hart no1 in SA. We paid the price that he didn't. Hart has fallen from grace now and we need to establish his replacement. Any suggestion that the backbone of our team isn't cast in iron is a weakness waiting to be exploited. And let's not forget our press will be playing their usual sabotage tricks too. I think we all know that (if we do progress to the latter stages and) if it goes to penalties, mentally, the battle is already lost. So let's not add to that handicap.

I do harbour some hope in Southgate. For years we wasted supposedly our "golden generation" of players by a string of managers who's policy (or more likely instruction from the FA!) was to try and crowbar our best 11 players into a formation. Which is mental logic. You pick the best available player for each position - taking into consideration the opposition and relationships on the field. That's just basic. You won't see any of the contending national sides trying to do that except us (not that I think we're genuine contenders, but we kid ourselves we are!)
I think Southgate is more tactically astute. That said, it's a certainty we'll still be seeing Man Utd fringe players taking the place of more deserving players from other teams.

Any recommendations on where to watch the games in Ibiza in or near San-An ? (I already got Lineker's on the list as Mr. Obvious).

Decent screens, maybe even partially-outdoors ?

not in san an, but the factory bar & smokehouse which is in the industrial are opposite amnesia (well, almost, just a little further to ibiza town) will show all games indoors and outdoors on big screens I have heard.

might be a cool idea for an evening game and then onwards to amnesia or privilege...both in walking distance.

not in san an, but the factory bar & smokehouse which is in the industrial are opposite amnesia (well, almost, just a little further to ibiza town) will show all games indoors and outdoors on big screens I have heard.

might be a cool idea for an evening game and then onwards to amnesia or privilege...both in walking distance.

wow thanks, I am really liking the look of that setup, they look like they got their s*it together.

https://www.facebook.com/factorybar...546723144326/1304180606380936/?type=3&theater

6-1 demolition of a team who hadn't scored a world cup goal.....

Back down to earth Thursday.....

However the humbling may be a blessing going forward in the tournament.....

I'm still saying Quarters....but.....but a little optimism for the Semis....

The only teams I have been impressed with so far are England, Mexico, Columbia.

Every goal England scored against panama was world class. You can only beat whats infront of you, if we won 1-0 people would moan it wasn't 5

*Believe*
Get to the quarters and I will start too.

Its been enjoyable so far, main thing is we have a goal scorer whose confidence is sky high, pace and creativity in the team. Having no hype in the build up whatsoever could work in our favour

Seem like a nice bunch of lads. No john terry or Ashley Cole helps too..;)
Not forgetting our Gareth.

Not my comment but funny still the same

Gareth is like your new neighbour thats just moved in. Doesn't speak for a while, quiet boring, keeps himself to himself, cuts the lawn with scissors. Then one day your out the back and he offers a can of beer over the fence, suddenly you find yourself talking about darts. Hes alright, our Gareth.

:lol:

The only teams I have been impressed with so far are England, Mexico, Columbia.

Every goal England scored against panama was world class. You can only beat whats infront of you, if we won 1-0 people would moan it wasn't 5
Croatia not impressed you? If they had a Kane, Ronaldo, Lukaku etc they would take some stopping

Oh and Belgium can destroy anyone if they click going forward

Back