2018 World Cup

Morbyd

So... who's coming? :D

Happy to show people around Moscow bars if you do :lol:

Only about 10 days left to apply for the next round of ticket sales...

I bought tickets to 10 of the 12 Moscow matches in the first round of sales. I applied for one more in this round (which I think will be the England round of 16 match, presuming they come in 2nd in the group behind Belgium).

hoping to find a decent big-screen to watch the games in ibiza. preferably not in the wezza, surrounded by pricks chanting about Will Griggs and Yaya Toure for 90 mins. nvm, way too optimistic

Hmmm go to Russia and get stabbed
I've lived here 16 years. Wander the streets at night all the time. Also attend a football match every now and again.
Somehow I've never even seen a knife outside my own kitchen!

Egggg said:
hoping to find a decent big-screen to watch the games in ibiza
I've never had a problem finding somewhere to watch games on the island (was there during 2 World Cups and 2 Euros)

I was considering going but I've used all my holiday at work on ibiza trips haha. I'm doing 2 nights in the dam for England holland at the end of March. Should be interesting :lol:

each world cup has less and less interest - the whole thing is tainted by corruption, thuggery on the streets and prima donna footballers I have no emotional investment in. I think its had its day.

I'll be going for some of it as I always do, however the prospect of Russia is not very exciting. Been to Moscow once before and hated it, and having met some of the 'locals' in Marseille last summer has done nothing to change my opinion.

Shame we did not get anything in St Petersburg, but Kaliningrad looks decent enough

Went when England played in 2007. Was absolute carnage. Lots of black eyes at the match. Moscow was amazing though.

each world cup has less and less interest - the whole thing is tainted by corruption, thuggery on the streets and prima donna footballers I have no emotional investment in. I think its had its day.

This is kinda where im at. Finding it hard to get excited about the next two at all.

Went when England played in 2007. Was absolute carnage. Lots of black eyes at the match. Moscow was amazing though.
I was also there. There weren’t many England fans in the city on match day, most at a certain hotel.

Good experience and enjoyed the city in a weird way- found the people quite expressionless. Beautiful tune stations.

Marsielle was another experience...

I was also there. There weren’t many England fans in the city on match day, most at a certain hotel.

Good experience and enjoyed the city in a weird way- found the people quite expressionless. Beautiful tune stations.

Didn't a few hundred of them book through the same person off the England forum? That hotel was under attack all week.

Think it is popular with UK football fans, Wales fans certainly stayed there a few years before.

Life’s about opinions but not sure why you’d travel to Moscow and stay (hide) in a hotel, get the coach to and from the hotel to the ground, before going home.

Only disappointment for us was not being able to go in the Kremlin. Thursday is only day we could go and it was shut!

I was at the England v Russia game... and sat in the Russia end!
I remember one fan said something a bit racist about Micah Richards when he had the ball. He turned around and saw me and started apologizing profusely :lol:
I think a lot of England fans were staying at the Cosmos Hotel which, while relatively inexpensive, is way out of the center and in a neighborhood where the only thing of interest is the giant VDNKh park.

I went to Marseille as well... and got tear gassed while sitting on a bench sipping beer with my mate! It was a small element of the Russian fans behind the disorder but they were very well organized.

I guarantee you crowd trouble won't be a problem at the World Cup. The government is very intent on this thing going smoothly. I went to several Confederations Cup matches last summer and it was beautifully organized, absolutely peaceful and really fun. Moreover, the Russians attending the matches were about as friendly as could be. I barely paid for a beer even after explaining that I'm not a visitor :lol: For one match I sat next to a Spartak Moscow fan (my local team is CSKA, extremely bitter rivals) and you'd have thought we were best mates by the end of the game :lol:

Think it is popular with UK football fans, Wales fans certainly stayed there a few years before.

Life’s about opinions but not sure why you’d travel to Moscow and stay (hide) in a hotel, get the coach to and from the hotel to the ground, before going home.

Only disappointment for us was not being able to go in the Kremlin. Thursday is only day we could go and it was shut!
Done the Kremlin but didn't do Lenin's Mausoleum, which I was gutted about. Moscow was one of the best trips I done, loved the metro (probably the train geek in me). Worse than that is the people who do the day trips. Oddballs

Reasons I wont be going:

A. I get all the disappointment I could ever need from Everton, thanks
B. The England brass band.
C. The fake hooligans....'lads' in their 40s wearing their uniform gear, telling war stories, acting hard for a few weeks before they return home. Usually from two distinct categories.... Middle class, well educated with good jobs, who should know better, or guys whose families are probably doing without so that dad can go to the game
D. I suspect the only way travelling fans will be safe from the ultras is to stay in hotel, go to game, then go straight back to hotel. Not much fun

Back