Women in dance music...discuss!

@Clara please post in the forum when you are next throwing an event. I'm well game for poppin' along. Can try to wangle a review for you if you wish

It's on hiatus at present as I'm too busy with work. Keen to do a one-off party but it won't be any time soon. Watch this space though and I'll be in touch.

Who do you write for?

Excellent choice! I've lived down here since 2010 and love it. Great place and thanks to Patterns and Mono, the clubbing scene is improving too.

All the best with the completion too.

lived near Brighton for a couple of years - favourite nights were the Kinfolk parties at the fortune of war boozer by the beach. also concorde 2/komedia for gigs

I'm in the process of buying a house down there. Will need to hit you up for a few tips when we actually complete!
Me too! I moved down here just over 18 months ago and am enjoying it so much deciding to settle!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anna and Monika Kruse were my 2 standouts of the Terminal M vs Tronic ADE night last October. As today is International Woman's Day, lets hope for more equal exposure in the future!

Last edited by a moderator:
currently most of the DJ/Producers/Label bosses that are making/putting out terrific music (for me) are of the lady variety

Nina Kraviz
Charlotte de Witte
Julia Govor
Amelie Lens
B.Traits
Nicole Moudaber
Rebekah
etc etc

currently most of the DJ/Producers/Label bosses that are making/putting out terrific music (for me) are of the lady variety

Nina Kraviz
Charlotte de Witte
Julia Govor
Amelie Lens
B.Traits
Nicole Moudaber
Rebekah
etc etc

Just felt like adding to your list :)

Ellen Alien
Anja Schneider
Cassy
Sonja Moonear
Tini
Nastia
Vera

Just felt like adding to your list :)

Ellen Alien
Anja Schneider
Cassy
Sonja Moonear
Tini
Nastia
Vera

absolutely
plenty of more women in the industry doing great things too

Demian Licht
Shelley Johannson
also

some of the best techno just now is from the female producers

lets not forget, a shit overhyped dj is still shit as far as most of us and many others are concerned.

Like i've said before , best dj ive seen in recent times is Jane Fitz. schooling the chin strokers

Back