When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

• May

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • June

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • July

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • August

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • September

Votes: 49 18.3%
  • October

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • It won’t, 2021 at the earliest

Votes: 119 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really upset with this mask news. Due to fly on Monday and am seriously debating not going at all, already causing barney's with the missus, whose heart is set on going regardless. Proper kick in the bollocks this. Its beyond belief that i can be lay by a hotel pool, no one within 20ft of me and expected to wear a mask in 30+ degree heat

Same for us. We arrive in 2 weeks, was really looking forward to it but in this way it is indeed not a holiday ..
no absolutely not mate, sad as it is that will be the final nail in the coffin for the 2020 trips just wouldn't be worth it.. going to monitor the situation and with a bit of luck it doesn't come to this

Really upset with this mask news. Due to fly on Monday and am seriously debating not going at all, already causing barney's with the missus, whose heart is set on going regardless. Proper kick in the bollocks this. Its beyond belief that i can be lay by a hotel pool, no one within 20ft of me and expected to wear a mask in 30+ degree heat
If they make you wear it in the hotel they can go ahead with closing the airport in my opinion... on what drugs is the government :rolleyes:

It's not like we don't know it could happen ...
Wherever laws have been lightened, the virus has started to rise again.
I did well not to reserve anything this year ... Wait and see ...
My trip was booked for my partners 30th before any lockdown was implemented in Europe, Covid was still pie in the sky. And no ive not thought wearing a mask would be compulsory at any point until last night, id of expected not to be able to travel if such measures were to happen to locals, yes.

Maybe ive been naive or whatever, but this has shocked me given numbers in Ibiza have steadily remained low

My trip was booked for my partners 30th before any lockdown was implemented in Europe, Covid was still pie in the sky. And no ive not thought wearing a mask would be compulsory at any point until last night, id of expected not to be able to travel if such measures were to happen to locals, yes.

Maybe ive been naive or whatever, but this has shocked me given numbers in Ibiza have steadily remained low
Same story... booked in december 2019 & shocked as well given the good numbers...

I understand, it's simple for no one.
Israel has just done the same, scientists here in France are very worried about this summer, everyone is sailing by sight.
It is complicated for tourists, workers, and even politicians who have to take unpopular measures.
As long as we don't have a vaccine, it's going to be complicated.

I have to agree with the last few comments.

Me and the missus have been considering a visit to Ibiza in September, maybe.

We had to cancel this months trip due to my work rotation changing and I’m possibly facing redundancy too. So money is a bit tight, but I thought maybe we could squeeze a long weekend in if it sounded worth coming over and if we found a good price.

Nothing I’m reading or seeing is convincing me it’s worth my money at the minute.

No dancing, no real places open, illegal parties causing retaliated responses from the government with an abundance of police/security making you toe the line etc, possibility of having to wear a mask 24/7.

All sounds rather dull to me. Don’t get me wrong I love beaches and restaurants too, but it’s not a big enough pull.

I work an arduous occupation away from home most of the year, I need somewhere to go and unwind to experience a bit of freedom and let my hair down a bit.

Not for me thanks. Might have a look at somewhere else instead or even just save my money and stay at home.

Sorry Ibiza ? Looking unlikely for us I’m afraid.

I was meant to be arriving today for 3 weeks but everything was cancelled and luckily we were able to move everything fairly hassle free. I was considering a long weekend in September or October but we aren't going to bother now. I'm not even necessarily interested in clubbing but flying abroad during this situation and then not getting the holiday you're used to seems ridiculous

We should be in Ibiza right now, we cancelled a few months back and in any case Jet2 dont start their flights again until 15th July.

My daughter has gone camping in Dorset this week.

We have an alternative of a holiday at our in laws caravan in Wales next week but its still uncertain as to whether or not this will be allowed.

I looked at a holiday for me and the missus to Ibiza from Monday to Sat next week, just a chilled one. Ryanair were coming out reasonably on flights, good offers on hotels etc.

With this new rule its not a holiday, be honest. So I've stopped looking.

So i'm stuck at home on a three week holiday and the weather is sh1te to top it off. I dont do long hours driving the truck for this.

We should be in Ibiza right now, we cancelled a few months back and in any case Jet2 dont start their flights again until 15th July.

We have an alternative of a holiday at our in laws caravan in Wales next week but its still uncertain as to whether or not this will be allowed.

I looked at a holiday for me and the missus to Ibiza from Monday to Sat next week, just a chilled one. Ryanair were coming out reasonably on flights, good offers on hotels etc.

So i'm stuck at home on a three week holiday and the weather is sh1te to top it off. I dont do long hours driving the truck for this.
follow your local Hays travel on facebook mate they always dish out decent last minute deals you never know might be summat come up for a destination that isn't implementing the mandatory masks and so you could still get a holiday in.. we normally do our trips our self on Air bnb / booking.com then skyscanner but sometimes the deals they come up with are too good to miss on

follow your local Hays travel on facebook mate they always dish out decent last minute deals you never know might be summat come up for a destination that isn't implementing the mandatory masks and so you could still get a holiday in.. we normally do our trips our self on Air bnb / booking.com then skyscanner but sometimes the deals they come up with are too good to miss on
thanks chez
Hopefully Wales will come to its senses

thanks chez
Hopefully Wales will come to its senses
I hope so too, we are meant to be in north Wales in two weeks time staying in Conwy and visiting round there for our anniversary but still a bit unclear as to whats going ahead.. more importantly are the bars open yet?

you should be fine next week stay local restrictions were lifted this week. Self contained accommodation being allow to open from13th.

Wait for the official word tomoz, if not as bad as we fear then get it booked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back