When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

• May

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • June

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • July

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • August

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • September

Votes: 49 18.3%
  • October

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • It won’t, 2021 at the earliest

Votes: 119 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The situation is changeable. No one can tell what happens next week. Thats the main problem now.
Would be nice to be 3 or 4 days to relax and sit in Dalt Vila. Maybe the things get clearer in a couple of weeks

Thats one of the main reasons that the tourism industrie is low now : People dont know whats happening on a couple of weeks. Second wave ? Nothing ?
Money back if no travel possible ( not in 2 years please ) ? And so on

Last edited:
if everyone thinks like this, lots of all your fave places might not be here anymore next year, maybe even your favourite balcony
Unfortunately some people are thinking like this as some people are scared to travel or fly and want to stay in their own country to holiday

I hope that the places do survive and manage to stay open

If the flight is save ( dont know if it is ) , Ibiza is as save as your home country. I saw the pictures from the UK beaches and the german beaches too. Better go to Ibz
The bars , restaurants and hotels should be similar

Nikki beach opening 16th July
saturday and sunday were so good, many restaurants and beach places with good vibes and people!!!

if everyone thinks like this, lots of all your fave places might not be here anymore next year, maybe even your favourite balcony
Pretty stupid to be honest. Spread is mainly indoors. Tourism is going to get gutted this year.

The issue now is that the politics are all backwards. I have been to ibiza 9 times last decade. This year I have the choice of staying home in Switzerland where parties up to 1000 people are allowed, go to France where outdoor parties are clearly acceptable or go to Ibiza. As others stated, you don’t go to Ibiza to be told what you are allowed to do. Now that EU travel is allowed the Ibiza approach just seems too un nuanced where other countries are starting to open up for the kind of gatherings that are less dangerous. Though Switzerland definitely has gotten out of this crisis better than most countries France has had is fair share of issues(as spain). Now that tourism is open for the same people it appears as the governmental approach in Ibiza is killing tourism for the year unnecessarily much compared to other countries with the same crowd. Will local businesses in Ibiza die as a consequence of it? Yes. But you can’t blame the tourists themselves for it as they will weight their alternatives. Right now, my favorite island in the world is just less desirable due overly strict politics. I am not saying the big indoor clubs should be opened but some parties, at least in line with what rest of Europe allows, should have been accepted.

Namaste every Wednesday at Las Dalias...from July 8th. Just announced. What does that mean for outdoor parties?

The issue now is that the politics are all backwards. I have been to ibiza 9 times last decade. This year I have the choice of staying home in Switzerland where parties up to 1000 people are allowed, go to France where outdoor parties are clearly acceptable or go to Ibiza. As others stated, you don’t go to Ibiza to be told what you are allowed to do. Now that EU travel is allowed the Ibiza approach just seems too un nuanced where other countries are starting to open up for the kind of gatherings that are less dangerous. Though Switzerland definitely has gotten out of this crisis better than most countries France has had is fair share of issues(as spain). Now that tourism is open for the same people it appears as the governmental approach in Ibiza is killing tourism for the year unnecessarily much compared to other countries with the same crowd. Will local businesses in Ibiza die as a consequence of it? Yes. But you can’t blame the tourists themselves for it as they will weight their alternatives. Right now, my favorite island in the world is just less desirable due overly strict politics. I am not saying the big indoor clubs should be opened but some parties, at least in line with what rest of Europe allows, should have been accepted.

It is tricky to state; parties up to 1000 pax are allowed.
It must be groups of 300 pax maximum, with means you'll have separate 3 groups of 300.
Welcome to swiss politics ;)

• Les manifestations accueillant jusqu’à 1000 personnes sont autorisées. Toutefois, si le nombre de participants dépasse 300, l’espace doit être divisé en différents secteurs comportant chacun 300 personnes au maximum.

It must be groups of 300 pax maximum, with means you'll have separate 3 groups of 300.

• Les manifestations accueillant jusqu’à 1000 personnes sont autorisées. Toutefois, si le nombre de participants dépasse 300, l’espace doit être divisé en différents secteurs comportant chacun 300 personnes au maximum.
I will take anything right now for a party, ??

Looked good though better than other solutions I seen

Ibiza need to do something people Wana party there

My main point was rather, why go to Ibiza where the police clamps down on gatherings of 15 people than whether it is 300 or 1000 allowed indoor in Switzerland.
Anyway, imagine this which I know is wishful thinking that ibiza government used this tragedy as something positive for once and turn more outdoor again. KU looked amazing before the now roofed Amnesia. Bora Bora was fantastic before the “sound pollution police” killed it. Space was great, and best before the garden was roofed. DC 10 with open roof was much better. Imagine if the focus could move away from noise pollution and to what really matters -human lives, and with that more income to the inhabitants to the island. Maybe, just maybe the government could admit the focus was wrong and more generations could experience the good old days at Ibiza!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back