When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

• May

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • June

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • July

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • August

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • September

Votes: 49 18.3%
  • October

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • It won’t, 2021 at the earliest

Votes: 119 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine you are fully paid up now?

We were booked with Jet2 towards the end of July.

Unfortunately had to cancel it, and only lost the deposit as I cancelled before the final payment date.

I did notice on their website FAQ section about cancellations you could cancel after and have to pay a percentage of the final price that got higher the closer you got to the departure date. Might be worth a look to recover some of your money if you decide against going mate.

As an aside, I couldn’t get in touch with Jet2. They’ve stopped taking phonecalls. Emailed them for about 3 weeks prior to the date when the final payment would be automatically taken from the debit card I used to make the booking. This is the only option I could find to cancel, so clearly stated that I wanted to cancel the holiday and asked them to get in touch.

They never got back to me. Was forced to cancel my debit card to stop them automatically taking my money.

Funnily enough they got in touch with me pretty soon afterwards.

They were pretty sound and I understand they are probably in a tight situation, but I can’t afford for them to take my money and then have to go through the rig-moral of claiming it back at their leisure as I am also in a tight situation.

Understand why you wouldn’t be so keen on going as well, was something that we thought about too. A lot of money to pay out if there’s nothing really happening :confused:
Yes mate I know my mrs was going on th hen du and her refund has went missing so we know the struggles haha.

One day I will be back

My only worry is ibza opens it doors to soon for economic reasons...in comes the so called second wave..as much as we all want to get back dancing and playing over there...but it wont be anywhere near proper ibiza untill next summer id say...The Music industry that i know is looking to next year.

understandably my ibiza bubble on fb is enthusiastic about the opening of tourism and being able to regain some money. and I hope all the best for the island. I just fear that there is much fewer people planning holidays abroad than many think. plus - ibiza with its expensive vip image may not be the first choice now. many might not find out about the huge discounts of hotels this summer.

understandably my ibiza bubble on fb is enthusiastic about the opening of tourism and being able to regain some money. and I hope all the best for the island. I just fear that there is much fewer people planning holidays abroad than many think. plus - ibiza with its expensive vip image may not be the first choice now. many might not find out about the huge discounts of hotels this summer.

albeit all enthusiasm, I genuinely don't think anyone expects big numbers. personally I believe everyone is aware that even if everything goes well and by july some sort of season starts, it will be a 'part throttle' summer at best

We’ve been thinking about going over for a weekend in October.

I’ve never been to Ibiza in October before. Granted it might not be like a normal October with the closing parties and everything, but I think it could be an interesting time to visit.

On the flip side, Ibiza might be one of the only places this summer to have some sort of dance.

We’ve been thinking about going over for a weekend in October.

I’ve never been to Ibiza in October before. Granted it might not be like a normal October with the closing parties and everything, but I think it could be an interesting time to visit.
been once in October and the weather was dicey.. if I remember the weather both sides to our visit was good though

I can't see anything like club gig festival going ahead for long long time....no matter what restrictions are in place.. we go to meet people at things..hook up. Get a dance... It's going to be hard enough to go for a meal or a pint .. without losing the head over some person lecturing you on this and that...

Last edited:
True
i ve just make a go to headquarter office in a big business quarter called la defense (biggest business quarter in europe?) to get my monthly free covid 19 virus kit: a bag with my company logo , 40 sparkling orange mask (perfect for clockwork ? party,100ml gel and cleaning wipes for desk, keyboard mouse )

People don't keep 1meter distance in metro , still some asshole walking by very close to you
Next time ill go by car to a closer site to get my free covid 19 pack

on national TV a party ,on a beach supposed to welcome 70 people but organizers couldnt cope the mass gathering of hundred people
soccer ground with mass gathering.
Beaches packed from last sunny weekend

Looks like French government will forbidden gathering of more 10 people otherwise we ll be in lockdown forever

In ibz, along a beach party or outdoor aera party , booze and drugs will make people forget social distancing for sure ??

In ibz, along a beach party or outdoor aera party , booze and drugs will make people forget social distancing for sure ??

I certainly hope so. Life is meant to be lived with taking risks, having fun with other people. Not by keeping 2 meter distance and fear of touching.
When I return from Ibiza, I would happily stay at home for 14 days to make sure I dont infect anyone vulnerable. But we need to stop living in fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back