When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

• May

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • June

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • July

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • August

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • September

Votes: 49 18.3%
  • October

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • It won’t, 2021 at the earliest

Votes: 119 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense.

Has anybody considered maybe putting a cap on the number of visitors to the island? No good having Augusts normal attendance wandering the island with nowhere to go?

Capping visitors will be less income to local businesses. Goes against what they are trying to salvage.

I think Ibiza will struggle to attract visitors this year anyway, capping visitors probably won’t be something that will need to be considered.

Plus not everyone goes to Ibiza for the clubs.

Capping visitors will be less income to local businesses. Goes against what they are trying to salvage.

I think Ibiza will struggle to attract visitors this year anyway, capping visitors probably won’t be something that will need to be considered.

Plus not everyone goes to Ibiza for the clubs.

Of course, but I wondered if there was any mention in the Spanish press from officials. Surely it would have to be at least considered.

Of course, but I wondered if there was any mention in the Spanish press from officials. Surely it would have to be at least considered.

Doubtful. The Spanish GDP relies heavily on tourism, and the Spanish economy was in a poor state prior to covid 19.

Discouraging people from coming to Ibiza is highly unlikely. In fact from what I’ve seen they appear very keen on the opposite.

Maybe I’m wrong, just how I see it.

Also you mentioned normal August attendances, I can’t see that happening unfortunately.

Doubtful. The Spanish GDP relies heavily on tourism, and the Spanish economy was in a poor state prior to covid 19.

Discouraging people from coming to Ibiza is highly unlikely. In fact from what I’ve seen they appear very keen on the opposite.

Maybe I’m wrong, just how I see it.

Also you mentioned normal August attendances, I can’t see that happening unfortunately.

I‘m sure it’s going to be a non-factor too and I doubt they would advertise it anyway.

Like that article says - the airlines are probably going to dictate things.

Very interesting to see how things play out.

I‘m sure it’s going to be a non-factor too and I doubt they would advertise it anyway.

Like that article says - the airlines are probably going to dictate things.

Very interesting to see how things play out.
Airlines are ready to go. It's the governments who have to give the green light to travel to country A, B C.

Airlines are ready to go. It's the governments who have to give the green light to travel to country A, B C.

The translation may be a little off but what I took from the interview with the Ibiza leisure manager is that airlines will determine how and what tourism looks like in the island.

I presume he’s referring to their schedule and capacity restrictions?

“Asegura el gerente de ocio de Ibiza que el transporte aéreo será un factor "determinante" en la llegada de los turistas”

We have easyjet vouchers from a cancelled flight, everyone except me wants to book ibiza in Sept.
I don't want to come to ibiza with a group of friends to be restricted to outdoor cafe bars. Morally I don't think I'd enjoy clubs even if they did open at 50%

(I'd rather come out solo in Sept/Oct)

8hrs from Denia isn’t it?

EDIT - no it’s Barcelona I was thinking of.

Denia is apparently 2 and Barca 9.
2h from Dénia during the high season (3h30 in low season, fast ferry vs normal ferry), 9h from Barcelona all year round.

Reactions: PP
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back