When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2020?

• May

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • June

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • July

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • August

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • September

Votes: 49 18.3%
  • October

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • It won’t, 2021 at the earliest

Votes: 119 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope you are right about the clubs. Hope to be there mid-Aug to mid-Sept, plenty of time to settle my bet. Herbias on me if your clubs are open.

we'll see about the clubs.

Any more precision about July?

as in a specific date? haven't got one yet no. only these bits:
- in theory, ibiza should reach 'new normal' on 22nd june
- various airlines say they will pick up flights on the weekend after that (around 27th june) or at the start of july

so I do believe tourism should be back for start of july if nothing unplanned happens between now and then.

so they won't open at all this summer?
...anything to do with the trouble you mentioned?
I just talked with C., the owner, and yes, he thinks he won't open this year, and yes, the trouble I mentioned is a part of the reason he will stay closed.

So if we make a reasonable assumption that places like Mambo, O Beach and maybe the west end (due to capacity) will be open by the end of august..
What do you reckon the drug situation will be like? Will drugs be easy to get and really good like usual? Will there be a lot of British workers?

I can't see there being many if any British workers.
Sourcing drugs will be fine I think.
Really good drugs? Pills will be the same but the toot has always been shite over there (unless maybe you have a regular contact)

Great if Ibiza has some sort of season. But the question is will brits visit knowing there is a 14 day quarantine rule. And will other country’s have the same policy, if not already.

I think the British 14 day rule is being reviewed every 3 weeks so let’s just hope things improve and it’s removed
I suspect it will. Airlines and airport heads have said it will finish them off.

I expect this “air bridge” idea to be implemented, especially with European countries.

as we could see ahead of time this was coming and again ahead of time when it hit other countries.
“ following the Nov. 17 case, about one to five new cases were reported every day and by Dec. 15, the total infections reached 27. Daily cases seem to have increased after that, with the case count reaching 60 by Dec. 20, the SCMP reported.

On Dec. 27, Dr. Zhang Jixian, head of the respiratory department at Hubei Provincial Hospital, reported to health officials in China that a novel coronavirus was causing the disease; by that day, it had infected more than 180 individuals.“
Yep.

They will lift the Quarantine 14 day... They can't expect people to go on holiday for a week and implement that... There would be no point going on holiday

They will have to do some sort of testing at airport on arrival or at departure

They will lift the Quarantine 14 day... They can't expect people to go on holiday for a week and implement that... There would be no point going on holiday

They will have to do some sort of testing at airport on arrival or at departure
They have to do something, look how this started for the uk, few random undetected cases and off you go again.

I agree with Ryanair boss, its not enforceable unless you do what other countries do and shove people in a hotel an guard them for 2 weeks (eg Australia)

If you can wfh it's not going to be the a big a deal besides food shopping.

Tbh though I wonder what the atmosphere would be like on holiday. One thing I love about ibiza is that people can be themselves and leave their worries back at home, make new friends and general debauchery. Be hard if dancing in your 2 metre circle on floor.

I guess at the moment with air travel being low it will be easy. I can’t see how they can keep it up as And when more people start to travel.
But as I understand the self quarentine is in your own home. They are not keeping you in a quarentine hotel.

Unless they are going to send a cop to do daily checks to make sure you in aha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back