what some of the locals think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
experienced no direct aggro but old/wise enough to know how to avoid it anyway. we spent all of 11 minutes in the west end for a toilet break (carrer st agnes?) and that was probably enough... saw no evidence of any police clampdown and the aggressive props on the street were almost intimidating you into their bars. I have no idea how it will change but the existing tourism model is a post-war dinosaur, a throwback to the Franco goldrush years when the emphasis was bums on seats rather than quality. So it is good that the spanish are rethinking how the town is marketed to the world, but I guess there are still too many commercial interests who want to leave things intact. That said, I really enjoyed it on the whole. To reiterate what others have said, if you put some effort in with Spanish/Catalan it massively helps differentiate you from the mongs.

This last point is spot on. My other half asks every single local person he meets to teach us some new words or phrases and it seems to make people so happy, they always end up having a good chat with us.

14632858_1222646841132861_5876766289775095965_n.jpg

thread edited to add again some pictures that weren't working... unfortunately i can't find the rest!

Are they talking here about the likes of Sa Trinxa / Jockey Club?
Looks like it :-(

Indeed they should solve the parking issue... but it is not as bad as Cala D'hort or Benniras in my opinion...
And there is always the huge car park - 6€ is not that expensive (but I suppose that on days of high affluence it is full too?).

Sunbeds were already more controlled last year... less sunbeds and area marked with a yellow band... what could be next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back