what some of the locals think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the face of people when they open today's DDI and see this pic of CDF... I'm speechless!

19wbrp.jpg

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2016/08/13/romeria-coches-parque-natural/860254.html

:eek:

OMG. never saw such a nightmare there before. all the time i drove to that place which nowadays has the strange name "experimental beach" there were not more than maximum 30 cars at the very end of that road in their own parking.

but always wondered if it can be any good for that saltfields when all the time cars are driving on that dusty road and all the dust flies into the water ???

Imagine the face of people when they open today's DDI and see this pic of CDF... I'm speechless!

19wbrp.jpg

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2016/08/13/romeria-coches-parque-natural/860254.html

Environment | Saturation in Cap des Falcó
Car pilgrimage in the Natural Park
The sunset brings daily to several hundred people and cars in the area is Cap des Falcó

Benirràs not only suffer the environmental consequences of the furor over the sunset. Also the area of Cap des Falcó recorded a large accumulation of cars and people.

Ses salines At eight o'clock, the road collapsed ses Salines is Ibiza--in direction by a line that starts at Sant Francesc and Sant Jordi ends. It's the crowds leaving the Ses Salines beach after a day at the beach. However, at the same time it begins another car nearby agglomeration: on the road to Cap des Falcó.

Sunset attracts several hundred people at this point of the Natural Park, where the beach es Codolar begins. The existing restaurant there becomes the meeting point for a growing number of tourists-but also residents-who want to take leave of the sun by the sea, as in more and more places in the western half of the island.

Problems include saturation cars that accumulate on either side of the narrow dirt road that leads to is near Cap des Falcó. Some 300 cars were parked there yesterday, right next to populations of protected birds, flitting to the passage of this constant procession of cars and people.

However, the tourists themselves exposed to an obvious danger of an accident, as the first section of this road, particularly at the height of bunch of salt, appears to be designed to swallow a vehicle. One of the channels of the salt is saved by a very narrow bridge with a width just for tourism. -normal Lack of lighting in a park naturally makes this point constitutes an invitation to disaster for unsuspecting drivers or unfamiliar terrain. Nearby, the road through ponds is so narrow that two vehicles to pass at the same time one almost has to get into the water, as happened yesterday to one, which required the presence of the crane. One of its wheels off the road, getting into the water and prevented from leaving the car out of there.

Monitoring this massive parking is nonexistent, either by the municipality or the property of the establishment of the coast, which is limited to just order the arrival in said local traffic, but not along the way.

In addition, those attending the sunset do not always respect the most elementary rules of civility, as some witnesses claim to have seen cigarette butts carelessly threw themselves into the woods bordering the road.

A different picture of it is on the cover of the paper edition, with more inside... Still speechless!

Like benirras, another one to avoid during the high season!

Just out of interest, which would you say is most critical? I haven't been in high season for a while. I've not seen traffic that bad but I can imagine how bad it can get...from an outsiders POV I would hazard a guess that the boats are hurting the island the most but that's just me....is it realistic to cap numbers coming through in july or august?

all 3; max arrivals (air & sea), max rental cars, max boats. july and august, but basically just put a max cap per month which is valid all year. and it would be totally doable. about 5 years ago I heard or read such comments for the very first time (and people got laughed at for these comments back then), but now it really is an issue and as pointed out, even the tourist councellor has publicly admitted we've reached a limit on what the island can take.

just yesterday I read there is a record number of permit requests to build swimming pools. totally unsustainable on an island that's running dry bit by bit...

A different picture of it is on the cover of the paper edition, with more inside... Still speechless!

Like benirras, another one to avoid during the high season!

I saw DI pics. Horrible.
Something must be done. It's a natural reserve.

all 3; max arrivals (air & sea), max rental cars, max boats. july and august, but basically just put a max cap per month which is valid all year. and it would be totally doable. about 5 years ago I heard or read such comments for the very first time (and people got laughed at for these comments back then), but now it really is an issue and as pointed out, even the tourist councellor has publicly admitted we've reached a limit on what the island can take.

just yesterday I read there is a record number of permit requests to build swimming pools. totally unsustainable on an island that's running dry bit by bit...
Came across this earlier. Not sure if it's been posted on here previously. https://thump.vice.com/en_uk/article/ibiza-has-a-water-problem

The irony of it all is that we (as in us on this forum) are all part of the problem (as we are the tourists), we all want to be in ibiza but yet we dont want anyone else there to spoil it, just seems kind of contradictory.

The irony of it all is that we (as in us on this forum) are all part of the problem (as we are the tourists), we all want to be in ibiza but yet we dont want anyone else there to spoil it, just seems kind of contradictory.

I agree - I was discussing this on twitter yesterday. I feel like a massive hypocrite expressing concern about what is happening a few weeks before taking a car across from Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back