what some of the locals think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to move your post to the "ministry of drugs" thread but this story is actually a good example of why some locals think what they think!

Agreed, it typifies and stereotypes the view of the British Tourist abroad...especially in San An

Agreed, it typifies and stereotypes the view of the British Tourist abroad...especially in San An

Some people moan that in clubs the Spanish, Italian, German's etc are served first or get better treatment than us but it's behaviour like this that causes people to look down their nose at us.

from a different author...

13465929_1023708191052439_3294911127206165267_n.jpg

(always with this "putrumputrum", this island is insomnia already, i want eivissa back)

I always laugh when I see things like this. San An has been full of young British guys enjoying themselves for 30 years. Say what you like about them but they are what keep the pubs in the Westend open.

Whether or not they are to you taste is one thing but they are by no means a new thing. The addition of the steroids granted has made it seem a bit more intimidating but it's been full of young British guys and girls for years.

I always laugh when I see things like this. San An has been full of young British guys enjoying themselves for 30 years. Say what you like about them but they are what keep the pubs in the Westend open.

Whether or not they are to you taste is one thing but they are by no means a new thing. The addition of the steroids granted has made it seem a bit more intimidating but it's been full of young British guys and girls for years.

Just because it was acceptable 30 years ago does mean it is now though.....30 years ago in San An was a totally different world to where we are today in terms of acceptability of drink and drug use. No doubt your in the same age group as those referred to in the news story and no doubt get up to the same antics? How would you feel if every summer 50,000 spanish youths invaded the town where you lived and got mortal, high and what ever else with total disregard to you and your fellow inhabitants, i think you would have a different view.

Do you have the same view on british football hooliganism abroad?, thats being going on for years to and no doubt they too are enjoying themselves too and have helped keep many a bar open on match days?

As long as you know how to behave! :lol:

Tbf, I used to cringe on the bus back from clubs when they opened until later or there was the Space / DC10 daytime sessions and you'd see people absolutely off their face on buses surrounded by kids on their way to school, old ladies, and people with briefcases on their way to the office.

Walking onto the bus, paying the driver then turning round to see the bus full of kids and people heading to work was always a nightmare. Like to be back at a semi reasonable time these days :)

ATENCIÓN! Esta Exposición en CAN JORDI el jueves día 11 promete mucho!!
El titulo no puede ser más sugerente:
the pre re after opening summer ibiza sunset closing party DEMERDA

Menos mal que aún hay por ahí personas con alma que se cagan en las discotecas!!

13925321_1084271064991932_6910374450414485135_n.jpg

a painful metaphor of the dirt below the glamour, as one of the editorials in the diario says.

according to the periodico, this exposition is born of the outrage at the continuing injustice, aggression, abuse and over-exploitation that for many for years the island has been suffering during the summer season; as a call against the impunity of those responsible and the neglect of the island institutions.

The problem is locals are feeling increasingly squeezed out of their own island, out of affordable homes, off the beaches, off the roads etc...Ibiza is becoming a victim of its own success.
It rings a bell, how long until a politician seize an opportunity for a Leave Spain/EU referendum?:)

It rings a bell, how long until a politician seize an opportunity for a Leave Spain/EU referendum?:)

can't see that happening. the EU isn't the problem. what we need (and we really do) is a reasonable cap on tourist numbers, amount of rental cars and amount of mooring boats. with reasonable I mean big enough numbers so businesses would still make enough money but not the numbers we have now where for two full months of the year the island is just ridiculously packed.

what we need (and we really do) is a reasonable cap on tourist numbers, amount of rental cars and amount of mooring boats.

Just out of interest, which would you say is most critical? I haven't been in high season for a while. I've not seen traffic that bad but I can imagine how bad it can get...from an outsiders POV I would hazard a guess that the boats are hurting the island the most but that's just me....is it realistic to cap numbers coming through in july or august?

Obviously the boats (yachts) probably bring in a lot more revenue per head than the others though so maybe not the best thing to limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back