WHAT IS IT LIKE IN WINTER?

Can you still go for a swim end of December/beginning of January? I know it's not sunbathing weather, but what if you run in and out really quickly? :)

People go swimming on Christmas day in various locations around the island. I swam in February from Santa Eulalia beach a few times over the past couple of winters and the water is nothing like so cold as you might expect. As for not being sunbathing weather, there can be some fantastic sunbathing days in December, we spent boxing day (Dec 26th) on the beach in Cala Vadella two years ago, it was amazing.

People go swimming on Christmas day in various locations around the island. I swam in February from Santa Eulalia beach a few times over the past couple of winters and the water is nothing like so cold as you might expect. As for not being sunbathing weather, there can be some fantastic sunbathing days in December, we spent boxing day (Dec 26th) on the beach in Cala Vadella two years ago, it was amazing.

That does sound amazing! :)

there's always a bunch of people that go swimming in salinas on new year's day. I always wanted to do it, but I'm always either still too fragile from NYE or then already en route to dc10 for its NYD rave so it's still pending!

there's always a bunch of people that go swimming in salinas on new year's day. I always wanted to do it, but I'm always either still too fragile from NYE or then already en route to dc10 for its NYD rave so it's still pending!

Yes, I just saw a youtube video of people swimming in Salinas on New Years day... maybe it would be a good freshen up for NYD!

Back