WHAT IS IT LIKE IN WINTER?

elsa pataky (actress):

i prefer to come in winter because i think in summer the island is too full. it is getting overcrowded. i think the island is losing a bit of its intimacy. of course, it is still true that when you leave the centre and go to the country the island preserves its charm.

( pacha mag )

35b5gsj.jpg

DDI

nostrum:
the thing we definitely enjoyed most was the weather and the temperature. Well…here in Switzerland it’s almost -10 degrees Celsius right now and we rarely ever get more than +5 degrees during daytime in winter. In the past few days in ibiza, the temperatures were between +8 degrees (at night) and +18 degrees around lunchtime!!! Imagine yourself having lunch at new years day al fresco looking at the sea…I love ibiza in winter!!!
( we love...ibiza in winter - new years' stay review )

"...
Basically the island simply lacks life and soul in the winter months.
..."

guess who spread this bull**** in an interview with actuallibiza?

juanjo riera - chairman of the hotel owners’ association !!!

"...
Sun and sand destination Ibiza is gradually extending its season
Ibiza Tourist Board launches ‘Winter In Ibiza’ Programme
Wednesday, November 18, 2009

More hotels are now staying open throughout the winter months
and a programme entitled ’Winter in Ibiza’ has been launched
to highlight the cultural heritage, beautiful landscape and activities available
on the island throughout the quieter months.

The island is a perfect place to visit out of the traditional season,
December sees a maximum temperature of 22 centigrade a
nd rain fall is minimal with just 58 mm falling throughout the average December.

That alongside the short flight time of just two hours and a new route by Ryanair
that runs throughout the winter means that Ibiza is opening up to the UK public
as a Winter short break destination.

The new ‘Winter in Ibiza’ programme focuses on the theme of
‘Ibiza, Genuine and Natural’ encompassing activities such as horse riding and cycling
through the tranquil countryside, traditional dance performances, guided walks
and events aimed specifically at the younger audience!

The programme which has been newly rolled out this year to cover
the 2009 / 2010 season will be further expanded next year
and will run from October 2010 to May 2011.
..."
(traveldailynews.com)

sarah main (pacha/LaNu@la cava):

How does the vibe on a Wednesday in winter, differ from summer (I kinda imagine everybody either super-chilled- or drinking uber-heavily in the corner, looking a bit like Jack Nicholson in the Shining)

"Damn you got it in a nut-shell. No, no, joking aside we are a happy lot in winter, in fact, probably much happier. We have time to be ourselves, relax a little more and see our friends. Summer is really just about work. Wednesday is a great day – it's slap bang in the middle of the week and people are ready to pop out to grab a bit of food - and catch up with their mates over a few glasses of wine. Nothing too crazy. Well sort of, anyone that chooses to live in Ibiza full time has to be open to a little mid week madness. Fortunately for a lot of us we don't have day jobs so the few glasses of wines as often as not progresses into a few more than planned. Tequila anyone?"

The island's a small place: how much is going stir-crazy an issue in the winter months (maybe not for you, given your travelling- but how about others?

"Yeah I travel loads – in fact I could do with some more home time. For others there are two mindsets; some are relieved to just do nothing for a few months and are happy to retreat into obscurity for others there's Barcelona. London is also just a hop and skip away for those who do get bored. Fortunately with LaNu our weekly party we are giving the winter residents a break from any cabin fever they may be experiencing in the cold bleak Mediterranean winter months."

( http://www.judgejules.net/index.php?page=5245 )

sarah_main2.jpg

i made my 9th winter trip in march,and i love it as in summer...8)...
my smiley review:

Primavera fiesta in Atzaro::twisted::twisted::twisted:...insane...

monkey bar:...coolest place of the north with the Vaughan's family...

IMG_1751.jpg

And now the gastronomic tour8)...:

Casa luna in Sant Vincent: 8)8)8)...Shame on Mc Bubbies to not yet been once in this fantastic place:spank:....

Casa colonial in Santa Eulalia:8)8)8) classy,this old finca is an incredible place,and the food very good...

Can Sofia in calla Vedella::confused: little bit disepointed,very cold in the room,food was just corect,more than the price...

Delphino Verde in marina santa eulalia:8)8)8):Mamamia!!!!super italian food for cheap!been 3 times here:lol:

la trattoria del mar::confused:not as good as pacha guide says...To be seen,not to enjoy the food...not for me.

Rincon de pepe in Santa Eulalia:8)8) ok it's just tapas in an old stylish restaurant,but the family is very cool,ans the prices are juste ridiculous when you see the quality of the food...

AND THE WINNER IS:8)8)8)8)"il giardinetto"8)8)8)8)

This is what i call italian food.just go and taste it...

Last edited by a moderator:
This year we have been on the island at the beginning of april ... It was the 3. time, that we joined the "cool season".

We had some sunny days with fresh air on a very "green" island" .... wonderful

Bars / Restaurants

Sunday evening we visited the Blue Marlin: A lot of people ... a lot of fun ... a lot of party (outside a little bit to cold)

Madagascar
: A nice place in Ibiza Town (Placa del Parque) to have a coffee or beer and to meet interesting peolpe. Never Boring! I think we visited it twice

In St. Getrudis we have eaten some great tapas in the Passatemps ... Really nice and friendly people with nice prices.

At Saturday we were suprised how much peolpe are already at Jockey Club @ La Salinas. We had some red wine and enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere.

This year we had an apartment @ Es Canar, so we walked twice to ZenSea

View:

fciluq.jpg

Try Ibiza from Okt - Mai ......

and from Jun - Sept. ;)

For us winter is the best time on Ibiza.
When the season ends, the island is given back to Ibicencos. No more trafic jams, crowdy people and in some places even better prices for diner!

Alfonse:
DC10 on NYD was awesome! We got there around 6ish and the terrace was already nearly full. I'm not sure who the first DJ was when we got there but he played a cracking set including loads of classics which had the room bouncing nicely. Everyone was in a great mood given it was NYD and it is probably one of the best nights out clubbing I have had for a while.
( NYE / NYD review )

Back