Weekend Plans

really want to go too but prices always put me off

did you go to Christiania? used to be junkie central but wasn't sure if it had cleaned up
From an article in The New European, 24th March. A round-up of the continent's rebel enclaves:
Often presented in newspaper profiles as the dark heart of Euro hippy commune dream, the image of Copenhagen's Christiania district took another substantial knock last summer, when shots were fired in the day-glow coloured streets, leaving a police officer seriously injured. Pusher street, which - as the non-too-subtle name suggests - is where the buying and selling of drugs is legal (the only place in the country where it is) sadly tends to attract a rather grotty, stag-night type crowd. But elsewhere you can leisurely flit around the vegan caffs and crafty knick- knack stalls.

My daughter is off to DGTL or Deckmental next week and I was looking at the line-up last night. Said you should check out Jan Blomqvist *Live*. She had a listen and said "that's kinda Gay".. :eek::rolleyes: kids eh..:)

Last edited:
not my fave timewarp ever, but still had a fantastic time. never a dull moment in mannheim! :)

I concur. The weekend as a whole spent with friends was amazing. The event itself, whilst good of course, could've been better

Fly home from Lanzarote tomorrow, quiet weekend starting on the garden in our new house.

Taking my grandparents plant shopping on Sunday and cooking a Sunday roast for them :)

Where abouts in Lanzarote were you? I was there 4 weeks ago in Matagorda just along from PDC. Very quiet but thoroughly enjoyable. Weather was consistently high 20s and a couple of days over 30. Also very, very cheap! Nowhere near my usual amount of drunken debauchery but I did manage to spew in a bin in some old geezers bar around 3pm one afternoon. :twisted: Take the boy out Scotland etc etc :D:p

Where abouts in Lanzarote were you? I was there 4 weeks ago in Matagorda just along from PDC. Very quiet but thoroughly enjoyable. Weather was consistently high 20s and a couple of days over 30. Also very, very cheap! Nowhere near my usual amount of drunken debauchery but I did manage to spew in a bin in some old geezers bar around 3pm one afternoon. :twisted: Take the boy out Scotland etc etc :D:p

Just in PDC, come here almost every year, it's rediculously cheap.

Villa for 6 was £700. We've drank and ate out every night, and me and my other half haven't spent €500 between us.

Weather has been perfect all week!

I'm back at the printworks again this weekend for Luciano and friends party for my brother in laws birthday... I wasn't going to do it as I was at the HS82 party last week, but I was so impressed with the venue I've decided to do it all over again.

... i'm just going to take it easier this time ;):twisted:

Last edited:
StreetEat daytime thing in BCN this saturday - Foals and Detroit Swindle - who come from Holland

it will probably be shit with endless queues to get drinks tokens only to then be directed to another queue

....but it costs €5 to get in

I concur. The weekend as a whole spent with friends was amazing. The event itself, whilst good of course, could've been better

This. Was a great weekend and a chance to get to know some people in my group that I don't really know that well.
Timewarp itself, good music, but let down by the crowd and queuing.

This weekend:
When I get back from my work trip, I'll be heading to Bristol to see my folks.
Quiet one, and the family dog passed away last Friday :(

This. Was a great weekend and a chance to get to know some people in my group that I don't really know that well.
Timewarp itself, good music, but let down by the crowd and queuing.

This weekend:
When I get back from my work trip, I'll be heading to Bristol to see my folks.
Quiet one, and the family dog passed away last Friday :(

Too busy you reckon? A failure of its own success?

Quiet weekend for me until Sunday that is. Off on Monday and it's my mates birthday so let the spewing in bin session commence :twisted:
Hopefully get a nice day and sit outside a nice pub somewhere although it's Scotland so the best I can hope for is 10 degrees and no rain :lol:

Too busy you reckon? A failure of its own success?

Felt too busy, but then as it's my first timewarp and first extended techno one day festival, it's hard to comment beyond that.
Toilet queues and queues to get into main rooms were a nightmare for a few hours. Sorted itself out eventually but took awhile. Missed the time I'd set aside for Carl Cox (As a result, didn't actually see him) as just didn't fancy waiting in that queues to get into arena 1 and 2.

Back