Weekend Plans

Sound City in Liverpool for us this weekend. We are hosting the Freeze Warehouse. Whilst the other band based part of the festival hosts Catfish and the Bottlemen, The Coral etc we have a stunning line up of all things electronic - including on the Saturday: Leftfield, Ame, DJ Koze, Floating Points, Mount Kimbie, Mano Le Tough and Greg Wilson. And on the Sunday: 2ManyDJ's, Hot Chip, Gerd Janson, Henrik Schwarz, John Talabot, MCDE, Roman Flugel and Jemmy.

Boom!

I'd been looking at coming to this, great line up, especially wanted to see Koze on the Saturday, but alas Ibiza is only a few weeks away so I'm having a quiet one

Not much knocking about it New York this weekend, didn't get much of the regular talent which usually comes from Movement. Hitting up a Tini rooftop party Saturday afternoon as it seems to be the only thing worth it.

driving up to Girona for the day tomorrow [where they filmed game of thrones dontcha know]

will invariably involve cruzcampo / paella / cannabis in no particular order

next week is all about primavera sound - lcd soundsystem announced a last min extra gig at barts and the website immediately crashed! Particularly looking fwd to lcd, radiohead (they came to my uni in '93 entrance £5 with NUS card and I remember going naa just another indie landfill band), brian wilson, pantha du prince, koze, maceo plex, john carpenter, tame impala

El row in Liverpool tomorrow with the Mrs. Not been to a circus event for a few years looking forward checking out camp and Furness. Then last train back to Manchester and maybe Mr.Ties depending on how many naughties we've had

20160528_123601.jpg
Just having a beer or two in the garden before we head toDublin for shit robot and new Jackson. Definitely feels like summer is coming. .:cool:

Last edited:
Mark Jenkyns is at Club Retro in my home town South Shields tonight. We had Richy Ahmed the last bank hol Sunday. Looking forward to some decent music for the second time this month in Shields!

I have done all the major UK dance festivals (Cream, Global, WERFSTVL & Parklife) but nothing has came anywhere close to how good a festival Lost Village was.

Would recommend it to anyone. Everything from the musical programming, stage production, food, setting, atmosphere, theme, the crowd and venue size was 10/10.

The weather was brilliant aswell.

Highlights (Bicep, DJ Koze, Enzo Siragusa, Jackmaster, Heidi, Midland, Eats Everything, Ben UFO, Artwork (Disco Set), Ben Klock and Mano Le Tough) to name a few!

Last edited:
My weekend wasn't particularly good. Its been nice and sunny here in the North West but Ive worked 4 nights shifts and just finished.

Plus, my dickhead of a dog killed two baby birds that were learning to fly in our garden. Over the past two weeks or so we have been watching two Robins flying to and from a nest in some thick Ivy we have against the house. Needless to say, I've not spoken to him since.

Saw him in Barcelona. Very underated

the guy is unreal, one of the most technically gifted Djs going. Was in the booth watching him, majority of the time he had four channels playing throughout with layers upon layers of music & effects trickery.

I have done all the major UK dance festivals (Cream, Global, WERFSTVL & Parklife) but nothing has came anywhere close to how good a festival Lost Village was.

Would recommend it to anyone. Everything from the musical programming, stage production, food, setting, atmosphere, theme, the crowd and venue size was 10/10.

The weather was brilliant aswell.

Highlights (Bicep, DJ Koze, Enzo Siragusa, Jackmaster, Heidi, Midland, Eats Everything, Artwork (Disco Set), Ben Klock and Mano Le Tough) to name a few!

Two of my friends went and did nothing but speak praises of it. I gigged at another festival myself so Lost Village wasn't a possibility this year.
Will be going next year though

Very very unimpressed with the martinez brothers at Shindig at the weekend.

They'd played wearefstvl earlier in the day so not sure if they were tired/drunk/hungover but they just seemed like they couldn't be bothered. Lots of people were stood around talking for the last 30 minutes of their set waiting for them to finish. There was no fun, no real dj skills used, they seemed turned the volume up and down abit for some drops so it was pretty underwhelming.

I'm glad they were on the earlier time slot as Denny did make up for it later on but I was still pretty gutted they didn't bring it, after having seen some of their sets online.

We Are FSTVL at the weekend, both days.

Overall it was pretty good, some great line-ups there for a festival still in it's infancy and got to tick off some pretty big names I've wanted to see (Chris Liebing, Sven Vath, Guy Gerber to name a few)

Couple of complaints: they changed Solomun's set time but didn't make that known (or at least as well known as they should have done) to the punters.

He was meant to play 23:00 - 00:30 on the Sunday night but whether they didn't realise his booking clashed with his +1 sets at Pacha IDK... instead came on at 17:30 to do a b2b with Hot Since 82, which I missed. Him and Sven were probably the two I was most excited for so I was gutted to miss out on that.

Also, they need to do away with their sh*tty drinks tokens and just get a cash bar. 45 minutes to queue for tokens, THEN queue for drinks to buy with the tokens before you can get into the groove of being at the fest... not good.

The less said about the quality of 'stuff' the better, pretty much everyone in my group got done over by buying what tasted like brown sugar with a paracetemol crushed up into it.

Happy I went though, weather stayed good and the music was top notch. :D

Couldn't do Lost Village this year due to lack of holiday but regretting it now. Get the feeling it's going to blow up next year !

We Are FSTVL at the weekend, both days.

Overall it was pretty good, some great line-ups there for a festival still in it's infancy and got to tick off some pretty big names I've wanted to see (Chris Liebing, Sven Vath, Guy Gerber to name a few)

Couple of complaints: they changed Solomun's set time but didn't make that known (or at least as well known as they should have done) to the punters.

He was meant to play 23:00 - 00:30 on the Sunday night but whether they didn't realise his booking clashed with his +1 sets at Pacha IDK... instead came on at 17:30 to do a b2b with Hot Since 82, which I missed. Him and Sven were probably the two I was most excited for so I was gutted to miss out on that.

Also, they need to do away with their sh*tty drinks tokens and just get a cash bar. 45 minutes to queue for tokens, THEN queue for drinks to buy with the tokens before you can get into the groove of being at the fest... not good.

The less said about the quality of 'stuff' the better, pretty much everyone in my group got done over by buying what tasted like brown sugar with a paracetemol crushed up into it.

Happy I went though, weather stayed good and the music was top notch. :D

Read a few bad reviews mostly complaining about fighting and it being full of tossers! Haven't been before and certainly wont be going

Back