Weekend Plans

I went to a party in southsea once hosted by a mate involved with a crew called Civilisation of the Rough

their parties are really good / friendly/

Not aware of them currently, but will check them out. I actually had a blast in Southsea one time in a very small venue called Mojos. It had an older crowd and they were spinning disco, funk, soul & chicago house. This was around 2012/13. I checked up on them on social media after that night but sadly the venue shut down a few months later.

fabric on Satuday... Fur Coat too

Wow, I completely had the days mixed up for that fabric night, this is making it more likely I can go if it's on the Saturday, we'll see. Also yeah Furcoat, knew I'd left someone off the list.

RE: the Southsea chat, it is indeed a pretty scary shithole, I lived there for two years near Albert Road and I wouldn't recommend going out alone very often.

summer 2016 starts tomorrow.

saturday - bit of ushuaïa opening, bit of amnesia opening
sunday - space opening
monday - cocoon opening

etc etc etc.

Pretty much the same here Stivi this weekend... will be more than likely leaving Space Opening around 2/3am and slipping across to catch Solomun though.

Cannot wait to get back on the island this Friday :D

I've not had a proper night out for nearly 2 months. Heading down to Ministry to check out this Dolby Atmos set up. Doorly & Switch using it, also Maxxi Sound System who I think is very under rated on warm up duties.

Shame Golf Clap are in the loft room as I think they are decent too. Should be good

Pretty poor night this. I am a big fan of MOS, love the layout (no bar in the main room!) and found the bouncers very friendly etc. Unfortunately the night wasn't that busy, which surprised as wasn't a huge amount on at the weekend in London. The Dolby Atmos thing in theory is a good idea, but conceptually I think you really need to know how to use it for it to sound good. Doorly & Switch clearly didn't or hadn't practised enough. Coupled with pretty poor mixing, particularly by Switch never really got into the night. The music was also a bit down tempo and 'wafty' and felt like it never not going. I love Maxxi Soundsystem but unfortunately left just before he got in.

Must admit MOS have gone very experimental with their summer line up in my opinion so could be a rough summer for them.

this weekend pretty quiet on the clubbing front. Probably a 'beer' night out on Friday with some friends in Brighton and a trip to London for the missus birthday Sunday/Monday.

but do people get on it at parties in New York

It of course varies but the type of place you are at, but the answer is yes absolutely. I went to a Resolute party (big Brooklyn promoter - they bring a lot of the Romanian crew) after Sven Vath at Flash and the party was outstanding. It was Zip's first return to new york in 8 years along with Sonja Moonear and Vincent Lemieux. I got there at around 515 and left around 1130 and it was still buzzing, from I heard went well into the afternoon, the vibe and atmosphere was fantastic and the music was outstanding. Zip played a fantastic set and what i heard of Sonja was excellent too.

I might have asked before, and please note, I'm not asking where to get anything etc, but do people get on it at parties in New York. I was the impression that even possession could get you serious jail time and wondered if the 'atmosphere' lacked the enhancements the culture is so heavily joined with?
My friends did Luciano in a warehouse in Brooklyn a couple of NYE back and said there was stuff knocking about at the EDM style event they went to in Manhattan beforehand and at the warehouse.

It of course varies but the type of place you are at, but the answer is yes absolutely. I went to a Resolute party (big Brooklyn promoter - they bring a lot of the Romanian crew) after Sven Vath at Flash and the party was outstanding. It was Zip's first return to new york in 8 years along with Sonja Moonear and Vincent Lemieux. I got there at around 515 and left around 1130 and it was still buzzing, from I heard went well into the afternoon, the vibe and atmosphere was fantastic and the music was outstanding. Zip played a fantastic set and what i heard of Sonja was excellent too.

Thanks for sharing your initial review of Flash Factory. That's disappointing - I guess its just a bit naive to think you could try and "create" that scene in Manhattan. Club scene in Manhattan is pretty atrocious right now, and I, too, am too young for the glory days. I've seen a few EDM DJs at places like Webster Hall (as big of a hell hole as it is, pretty intimate place to see a show) and some of the headliners have come on at 1230ish and be on until 430 to compensate for "early" closure.

A lot of Brooklyn clubs go much later - even serve booze well past 4, too.

I have a busy few weekends ahead.

Lost Village festival this weekend (imo most exciting UK festival atm)

Then I'm off to Paris and doing the Sunday at Weather Festival

Working mainly and a quiet one for me, marcel dettman at lab11 on sunday. Not as big as martinez bros night but was never gonna be. Also got ELROW with Eats Everything at Rainbow.

Also GAY pride around birmingham. Plenty going on, suprised how many lads go just for women. Grass on the wicket etc

Sound City in Liverpool for us this weekend. We are hosting the Freeze Warehouse. Whilst the other band based part of the festival hosts Catfish and the Bottlemen, The Coral etc we have a stunning line up of all things electronic - including on the Saturday: Leftfield, Ame, DJ Koze, Floating Points, Mount Kimbie, Mano Le Tough and Greg Wilson. And on the Sunday: 2ManyDJ's, Hot Chip, Gerd Janson, Henrik Schwarz, John Talabot, MCDE, Roman Flugel and Jemmy.

Boom!

Sound City in Liverpool for us this weekend. We are hosting the Freeze Warehouse. Whilst the other band based part of the festival hosts Catfish and the Bottlemen, The Coral etc we have a stunning line up of all things electronic - including on the Saturday: Leftfield, Ame, DJ Koze, Floating Points, Mount Kimbie, Mano Le Tough and Greg Wilson. And on the Sunday: 2ManyDJ's, Hot Chip, Gerd Janson, Henrik Schwarz, John Talabot, MCDE, Roman Flugel and Jemmy.

Boom!
Really wish I could come to this Si, hope it all goes well.

BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!!!

Friday - Quiet one
Saturday - Off to London Zoo with the gf, one of my best mates and his wife to celebrate her birthday.
Sunday - Playing Xstatic Summer Festival, very excited about this.
Monday - Who knows ;)

Boom!
serious lineup there!!!

Friday - sleep. Long, long week!

Saturday - no doubt the toddler will be in at 5am to start our day. Muck about the house, until 11.30, then head to Hemel for his ski lesson

Saturday night - the missus is out so, takeway and a film

Sunday - bring the nippers to my folks for a couple of hours and then swimming lesson for toddler plus dunking for the baby.

Sunday night - fly to Ibiza with one pal.

Monday - sunshine, San Miguel and the sea breeze

Back